** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were there fans admitted to the pre-Vertigo practices in L.A.?
Or was that just a pre-tour show?

(Either way, not really a soundcheck.)

It was a pre tour rehearsal show. After the crowd left they continued to sound check that night.

The public is rarely admitted into U2 sound checks. In fact, most of even the venue crew are typically suppose to vacate the main arena during sound check. Just U2 and their own crew are usually present. Sometimes close family or friends as well obviously.

It was a pre tour rehearsal show. After the crowd left they continued to sound check that night.

The public is rarely admitted into U2 sound checks. In fact, most of even the venue crew are typically suppose to vacate the main arena during sound check. Just U2 and their own crew are usually present. Sometimes close family or friends as well obviously.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Becuz
BECUZ
BECUZBECUZ
BE
CUUUZ

I agree, that stinks on ice. I'd love to see them play the recorded version floating around but that ain't gonna happen.

That is just plain awful - but the recorded version you speak of is excellent, maybe on SoE??

That is just plain awful - but the recorded version you speak of is excellent, maybe on SoE??

A version of a song that was chopped off the album back in 2004, that got a rework back in 2010 that was only released on a special release?

seriously, how the hell do people keep thinking this. :crack: I just don't get it.

I attended (snuck into) soundcheck both days here in Phoenix. Watched the entire thing from a suite seat, first day Edge, Adam and Larry ran through Raised By Wolves, Cedarwood Road and Until The End Of The World. Edge did a bit of Sunday Bloody Sunday and Elevation on his own. Larry did The troubles on his own, Bono showed up and they messed with the giant lightbulb a bit, the band played 1/2 of The Miracle with Bono trying his new entrance out. Second day the techs did the soundcheck, little bit of bad, little bit of Even better, that's all.

I attended (snuck into) soundcheck both days here in Phoenix. Watched the entire thing from a suite seat, first day Edge, Adam and Larry ran through Raised By Wolves, Cedarwood Road and Until The End Of The World. Edge did a bit of Sunday Bloody Sunday and Elevation on his own. Larry did The troubles on his own, Bono showed up and they messed with the giant lightbulb a bit, the band played 1/2 of The Miracle with Bono trying his new entrance out. Second day the techs did the soundcheck, little bit of bad, little bit of Even better, that's all.

Cool stuff. :up:

Hopefully Larry working on The Troubles is a good sign.

EP'EEL;EVEN

... try again

ELEVEN O'CLOCK TICK TOCK? TICK FUCKING TOCK

NO WAAAYYYY

NO FUCKING WAAAAYYYYYY

cancel my life i need to see this

..OK, back to calm Axver. Holy shit I did not expect to read that. 11OTT is basically the reason I'm a fan, why I work on U2gigs, all that shit. It wouldn't be an understatement to say that song on the Under a Blood Red Sky video completely changed my life. You cannot imagine my joy if it is played, to know the band still remember it, and to possibly get to hear it.

Yeah I'm trying to think of any fans being admitted to a soundcheck and the most recent one I can recall off the top of my head is at a show in 1989!

I'm sure it must've happened more recently, but yeah if you want to hear the soundcheck you'll almost certainly be listening from outside the venue.

When Bono went out to greet the fans before Phoenix 1,he made a beeline to a disabled woman (Elsha for those of you who know her) and arranged it so that she and her family could watch the soundcheck.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Whoa. Wtf. I just posted two days ago that they needed to bring 11 O Clock and The Ocean back. :hyper:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

lol, now let's see what happens when Ax drunk twitter feeds the show were 11 O'clock gets played. :lol:

11 o'clock...tick...tick...tick...tick...BOOM!

Whoa. Wtf. I just posted two days ago that they needed to bring 11 O Clock and The Ocean back. :hyper:

Cool. So let ME take this opportunity to suggest :)wave: hi, U2 intern) they HAVE to play Promenade, Acrobat, Twilight, 40...

Off memory they did rehearse Two Hearts Beat As One before the Elevation Tour. I'm surprised that, with the exception of one performance on Lovetown, it hasn't been played since the UF Tour.
That's depressing. It would be so good live.
I would be annoyed if they only brought them out for the KROQ show.
I won't be....if I can just score some friggin' tickets.

11 o'clock tick tock!!!!!! :hyper:

I hope it will appear soon and also hoping for the normal speed..... the version during Elevation Tour were 2 times slower than the Red Rocks one :reject:

The Ocean I'm not a big fan, so many other greater tunes....

The Ocean by itself really does nothing for me, either. However, when added as a coda to 11:00 tick tock, it really does find it's place. These 2 songs have a history of being paired together that was one of their highlights on the Boy and October tours. I hope they bring this combo back, that'd be awesome.

Even more awesome if I could get Electric Co, Out of Control and 11:00 Tick Tock/The Ocean all at the one show I'll be attending this year, in Chicago. Yeah right... but I'm hoping for at least one of them!

Two Hearts would be amazing, but I remember reading that Edge doesn't like to play it because it's so tricky. It's one of the harder U2 songs to play - the rhythm is nasty.

Two Hearts would be amazing, but I remember reading that Edge doesn't like to play it because it's so tricky. It's one of the harder U2 songs to play - the rhythm is nasty.

As someone who doesn't play guitar, that is baffling to me that he could play it just fine 30 years ago as a "newer" guitarist but can't play it now. I guess it could be like an athlete losing a step, but I haven't heard of it before.

11 o'clock...tick...tick...tick...tick...BOOM!

Cool. So let ME take this opportunity to suggest :)wave: hi, U2 intern) they HAVE to play Promenade, Acrobat, Twilight, 40...

Promenade at NYC8. Get it trending, folks.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom