*Spoilers* Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter, thank you for all of your info all these weeks. I have been travelling a lot so I haven't been able to keep up with this, is there a "master list" of all of the songs they rehearsed? And also did the de-camp the stage a stuff to Roger's center? Please forgive if these topics were already covered I'm trying to get caught up.

Saturday was PNE Coliseum load out.

I really hope they don't close with I Still Haven't Found. That would be a pretty weak closer. Hopefully there is different encores they are working on after that. Love to see them go back to rotating Bad and 40 between night one and night two as closers, or better yet close with Bad-> 40 every night.

I think Still Haven't Found would actually be a good ending. The whole arena can keep singing while U2 go off stage. We can keep singing when walking out of the stadium, onto the streets... it'd work.

it's certainly an interesting idea. I can see why it'd work as a closer, crowd singing it at the top of their lungs while the band leave. (edit - as GaleonGirl has already said as i typed :wink: ) It's not "40" but i look forward to hearing how it works (if it even happens)

glad they're at least giving it a go. Who knows, the reaction might be muted or whatever and they decide to try something else! Early days yet :)

It fits with the theme I guess. Although it's somewhat ironic that they wrote the song in their mid-20's.

MOS and NLOTH are the two I was hoping for to survive from the last record, so I really hope one or both of them (particularly MOS) makes it to the final set list.

And again, props to all Peter & all those who have provided the setlist info and compiled it for us here. You guys are an asset to the site. :up:

I think Still Haven't Found would actually be a good ending. The whole arena can keep singing while U2 go off stage. We can keep singing when walking out of the stadium, onto the streets... it'd work.
I wouldn't mind if it closed the show. Definitely not a weak one, either.

No problem!

I'd kind of like to see a rotating closer like some parts of Vertigo - one night end with ISHFWILF, then One, or Bad, or MOS, or 40 (though obviously they haven't rehearsed it). It seems like a good way to help keep that second half variable - given that it looks like COBL->BD->MD->Streets will be pretty consistent (given the effort they're putting into that transition).

They started rehearsing and realized it was a silly silly song

Yet, they keep rehearsing Elevation.....
I don't really care if Volcano gets played or not, even though it probably will at some point. I'm still pissed that Reach hasn't been attempted. It would be a monster live.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wouldn't be surprised if Edge simply lost his secret formula (effects) for playing Reach and they're just waiting for him to find it again. :wink:

No problem!

I'd kind of like to see a rotating closer like some parts of Vertigo - one night end with ISHFWILF, then One, or Bad, or MOS, or 40 (though obviously they haven't rehearsed it). It seems like a good way to help keep that second half variable - given that it looks like COBL->BD->MD->Streets will be pretty consistent (given the effort they're putting into that transition).

Except for acoustic songs, it's hard to pick 2015 rotation slots that are "even".

Running = Bad
Electric Co = Out Of Control
Pride = New Years Day

I really hope they don't close with I Still Haven't Found. That would be a pretty weak closer. Hopefully there is different encores they are working on after that. Love to see them go back to rotating Bad and 40 between night one and night two as closers, or better yet close with Bad-> 40 every night.

On the JT Tour you would hear the crowd singing '40' way into the tube stations and car parks. When they played it in Moncton a lot of the crowd didn't seem to know this custom and even the singalong in the show was a bit muted. Perhaps they feel ISHF is their best bet at resurrecting the custom?

Still in disbelief Playboy Mansion was chosen to represent the Pop era.. It's like Mofo, Do you feel loved, Gone, LNOE, Please - even Discotheque have been banished forever.. Such a shame.

RIP LM Sn.

Fingers crossed they can pull off the logistics - Vancouver and likely the first few months of shows are sure to be highly emotional for LM. Respect.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I could see Reach being brought in for Leg 2, or later in Leg 1. I too am surprised at no Volcano. Maybe something special will pop up at San Jose like it has before (Kite, OOTS)

I'm also a little surprised they are closing with ISHF. The more I think about it though, it would be a good sing-a-long moment to send people home.

But more so than that, if the recent rehearsals hold up, the final 5 block of songs have no SOI era track represented. Usually they put at least 1 of their newer tunes towards the end of every concert. Seems so odd.

Maybe there are a few extra surprises?

I'm also a little surprised they are closing with ISHF. The more I think about it though, it would be a good sing-a-long moment to send people home.

But more so than that, if the recent rehearsals hold up, the final 5 block of songs have no SOI era track represented. Usually they put at least 1 of their newer tunes towards the end of every concert. Seems so odd.

Maybe there are a few extra surprises?

Troubles or Ordinary Love might turn up in the final 5 pack.

This whole discussion seems a bit surreal...trying to dissect what he might / might not do...

Not to mention that we're talking about not merely a transatlantic flight..but a flight to the Pacific time zone. Not sure if anyone has ever tried that literally the minute after burying a loved one and then gotten up and pounded the drums professionally for 2 hrs?

I dunno. I doubt anyone is worrying about the show start as much as U2 fans. Let the man be. Some famous guy apparently once said "let the dead bury their dead" but I don't think he was Irish.

Exactly. I cannot imagine Larry being the driving force of the band and the show after such a personal tragedy. He needs time to recover from it.The shows need to be postponed.

Exactly. I cannot imagine Larry being the driving force of the band and the show after such a personal tragedy. He needs time to recover from it.The shows need to be postponed.
Won't happen. And in any event, transatlantic flight from Pacific Coast aside, I'm pretty sure they're plane is well equipped with resting quarters. It's not like they'll be crammed in like Sardines on a Southwest Super Saver flight.

But on the last tour ISHFWILF sounded great.. In Cardiff anyway, the whole stadium roared in song together and it was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom