*Spoilers* Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good that you feel that way mate

I'll be OK. I've seen a lot of U2 shows, and the best was a 20 song Elevation show with a less than creative setlist. At the end of the day it's more about how they play the songs than what they play. I'm just not particularly excited about what they're playing (with regards to their back catalogue) this time around.

I'd rather have 20 familiar songs played like they mean it than some of the by the numbers Vertigo and 360 shows I saw.

U2 can play In a Little While twenty or thirty times for all I care if they then do an encore of A Sort of Homecoming and One Tree Hill.

High time for the setlist complaints, it's only two days before the tour's opening. Good to know the band doesn't even have to start playing live to an audience these days in order to keep some of the fans whining.

High time for the setlist complaints, it's only two days before the tour's opening. Good to know the band doesn't even have to start playing live to an audience these days in order to keep some of the fans whining.
HOW DARE ANYONE SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THlS BAND

U2 can play In a Little While twenty or thirty times for all I care if they then do an encore of A Sort of Homecoming and One Tree Hill.

:up: That's two of my top 5.

Throw in Indian Summer Sky (and I'm not under any illusions about that one) and I'm with you.

Oh give it a rest. No one is whining. How many times do I have to say I'm excited about the tour and more interested in how they play than what they play?

I'm just not blown away with the back catalogue selection. Is that OK with you?

I know I'm behind the times here, but the California rehearsal sounds really great.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As elated as I was to hear Mercy > Bad on 360, live Mercy has got nothing on the studio version, especially 'because because we can we must' :sad:

As elated as I was to hear Mercy > Bad on 360, live Mercy has got nothing on the studio version, especially 'because because we can we must' :sad:

It's like Bono went through Mercy, removed every one of my favourite lines, and replaced them with something cumbersome or trite.

Speaking of line obsessed crazy fans. I was inside the heart at the Elevation Pittsburgh show, standing next to a group of 4 people for the show. At the break, they all started gathering their stuff to leave. I asked them what happened, I thought maybe someone was sick.

They told me that they were leaving now before the encore to get a head start to the next city to get a good spot in the GA line. WTF! Who does that!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of line obsessed crazy fans. I was inside the heart at the Elevation Pittsburgh show, standing next to a group of 4 people for the show. At the break, they all started gathering their stuff to leave. I asked them what happened, I thought maybe someone was sick.

They told me that they were leaving now before the encore to get a head start to the next city to get a good spot in the GA line. WTF! Who does that!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard some mention that people would do that if there was a show in the same venue the following night too. But a different city? Wow.

At that point they care more about the status than they do about the experience.

Which is incredibly pathetic.

On the passing of Larry's father ... RTE says the funeral will be on Wednesday or early Thursday and that all of U2 are expected to be there and plans for the opening night in Vancouver could be "rearranged" (whatever that means).

Larry Mullen's father has died aged 92 - RTÉ Ten

The father of U2 drummer Larry Mullen Jr. has died at the age of 92.

Laurence Joseph Mullen Sr., who was from Artane in North Dublin, passed away at Bons Secours Hospital on Sunday, May 10.

His passing was confirmed in a death noticed posted on RIP.ie. It reads: "In his 92nd year. In the loving care of the staff and doctors of the Bons Secours Hospital.

"Loving husband of the late Maureen and loving father of the late Mary.

"Sadly missed by his beloved wife Alice, loving children Cecilia and Larry Jnr, Larry’s partner Ann, grandchildren Becky, Sam, Elvis, Ava and Ezra, sisters Breda, Joan, Kit and Nora, extended family and friends.

"Rest in Peace."

U2 are scheduled to open their Innocence + Experience tour in Vancouver, Canada, this Thursday, May 14. It is thought that Mr Mullen Snr's funeral will take place in Dublin either tomorrow or Thursday morning.

Larry and all members of U2 are expected to attend the funeral, meaning plans for the first night of their world tour will most certainly need to be rearranged.

Larry was only son of Laurence Joseph and Maureen (née Gaffney) Mullen. Larry, who is the father of three children, has an older sister, Cecilia, and had a younger sister, Mary, who died in 1993. His mother died in a car accident in 1976.

If the funeral is Thursday morning they'd have to literally get on a plane for a 10-12 hour flight and get on stage right when it lands. I hope they push back the shows a day or two.

If the funeral is Thursday morning they'd have to literally get on a plane for a 10-12 hour flight and get on stage right when it lands. I hope they push back the shows a day or two.

You hope they push back the shows a day or two? Yeah, no big deal. :doh:

At this point, yes, it's sad, but I don't know how they can possibly do that with it being just over 48 hours away.

Ya'll are treating this funeral like it has Larry and the band on the guest list. Larry is probably the guy putting the whole thing together. That's a son's job, even if he has the money to pay someone off to do it. He's probably ben busy with making arrangements.

If it's Wed. morning they'll have time to get back, if that's what they want to do. If it's Thursday morning there's no chance.

I imagine at some point today we'll see an announcement from the band one way or another.

Anyone who bitches if the opening show(s) gets postponed is an asshat

You know it will happen though, I thought there would have been some announcement by now in all honesty, and the fact they rehearsed yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If it's Wed. morning they'll have time to get back, if that's what they want to do. If it's Thursday morning there's no chance.

I imagine at some point today we'll see an announcement from the band one way or another.

Anyone who bitches if the opening show(s) gets postponed is an asshat

They'll not only not be allowed into the house, but nowhere near the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom