*Spoilers* Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "sting" before Streets? Stingray guitar?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ooooooh yeah i forgot they were rehearsing that. Thanks!

So sad to hear about the passing of Larry's dad :sad: It must be so hard for Larry right now. We all know he's known for keeping a straight face and not showing much emotion, but we can only guess what's going on right now inside of him. I hope he has been able to give his dad a good farewell and can handle all the pressure. Don't know about the funeral, but I'd guess there will be some flying in and out of Vancouver to Dublin involved after the shows. I don't see a postponement, especially now, given that they've gone back to rehearsing and any possible postponement should have been announced by now.

Larry :hug:

Everyone I've talked to came to the conclusion that autographs/posed photos may be very limited/greatly cut back this tour. Maybe they did at a restaurant, but in the past month in town NOBODY has been able to get a thing. Even the Ebay scum simply gave up.

Just a heads up for anyone trying in Vancouver to keep band interaction expectations outside the venue very low. Best case scenario might be a "McCartney Wave".

U2FP, you are a champion. Thanks for the information. Very big of you considering the last few days :up: top bloke.

9:30pm

Invisible
Better
Mysterious(bongos) with Byrne-Burning House snippet
Ordinary Love
E-Wave
Bullet #4
Troubles
COBL
B-Day
Miracle Drug
Sting/Streets
Found

I thought the original report was Sweetest Thing before EBW, not Ordinary Love? http://www.u2interference.com/forum...rsals-in-vancouver-218389-47.html#post7939998

And cheers for the extra info from that day. Looks like they're putting heaps of work into Bullet. It's one of my favourite live songs, at least on ZooTV and Elevation, so I hope it's even half as good as those. From the audio clips it sounds like it won't be lame like the neutered Vertigo version anyway.

Axver, those 2 rehearsal setlists I sent about 10 days ago are all fair game now.

Awesome, thanks. I'm at work at the moment and it's a bit hard to get enough time to write on the site but will post them in the next few hours.

Everyone I've talked to came to the conclusion that autographs/posed photos may be very limited/greatly cut back this tour. Maybe they did at a restaurant, but in the past month in town NOBODY has been able to get a thing. Even the Ebay scum simply gave up.

Just a heads up for anyone trying in Vancouver to keep band interaction expectations outside the venue very low. Best case scenario might be a "McCartney Wave".

Just a newbie here but following you closely. Thanks so much for all the great info!

U2FP, you are a champion. Thanks for the information. Very big of you considering the last few days :up: top bloke.

I will only say that some fans knew the PNE permit rules(public info) better than PNE/band security. There was an incident unrelated to the dress rehearsal that happened to another fan but band management smoothed things over a day or two later.

New management, call it a learning curve. I remember band management having a "learning curve" with some SLR camera holding fans at the start of the Elevation tour.

Water under the bridge, just like 2015 red zone 3.0.

Is it looking like we will get a decent length show?

Agree. People too quick to be judge. Thanks for the update, Peter.

All I could find on Twitter rehearsed tonight are Beautiful Day, WOWY, Streets, Bullet, Pride, Miracle Drug, Troubles

All I could find on Twitter rehearsed tonight are Beautiful Day, WOWY, Streets, Bullet, Pride, Miracle Drug, Troubles

I never heard that song in a set at the PNE.

The other one that has me stumped is Volcano. Done full band on the promo tour but when double checking the PNE setlists it was never directly cited.

Which? Pride?

The other one that has me stumped is Volcano. Done full band on the promo tour but when double checking the PNE setlists it was never directly cited.

This is a really good point.

Volcano is in my list of the 43 songs rehearsed, but I've gone through all U2gigs articles on the rehearsals and I'm not sure how it got there - the only report mentioning it is this one, suggesting the crew played it over the PA: Have rehearsals begun in Vancouver? - U2gigs.com

So, shit, we might need to revise the song count down to 42.

"Thursday before Fallon" = 10 days ago.

The setlist from the same day as the Stanford Funeral could use some work as I got some specific info emailed from another fan.

Also, my "recall" from the PNE dress rehearsal was that "Hands That Built" was a 45-60 second intro snippet before trouble and not like the Vertigo Bullet snippet. Maybe wait for further confirmation if it turns up Tuesday or one of the official public gigs.

Which? Pride?

This is a really good point.

Volcano is in my list of the 43 songs rehearsed, but I've gone through all U2gigs articles on the rehearsals and I'm not sure how it got there - the only report mentioning it is this one, suggesting the crew played it over the PA: Have rehearsals begun in Vancouver? - U2gigs.com

So, shit, we might need to revise the song count down to 42.

Pride.

Volcano was a holdover from the hardcore fan telling me he heard the whole album rehearsed. Was "Womanfish" the last time they performed a song for album promotion that didn't turn up on the subsequent?

If there is one thing we've learned about U2, it's that family is everything and family comes first. I'll be kind of shocked if Larry handles this quickly and lightly.

For the sake of all the fans that made the pilgrimage to vancouver for opening night, I hope I'm wrong.

Also, they would not make a cancellation announcement until they had reschedule dates and all the details in place. Tour staff could be in a frenzy working on that now.

Show will go on.

With all respect, Mr Mullen sr. was at the respectable age of 92. Whenpeople pass away at that age it is never totally unexpected. My educated guess is that Larry will fly back to Dublin after the Vancouver shows.

Hi.
I said I wouldn't venture here, but I wanted to share something with you.

We heard "The Miracle" today, and I think it's a half tone down.
Also Cedarwood Road, SFS, a very weird Sunday Bloody Sunday, UTEOTW, MW, Even Better (360)...

and The Sweatest Thing!!!

Maybe for Ali, that some people saw entering the arena (I wasn't around to see her :( ).

That's it :wave:

"Thursday before Fallon" = 10 days ago.

Woops, I'm literate I promise!

The setlist from the same day as the Stanford Funeral could use some work as I got some specific info emailed from another fan.

Also, my "recall" from the PNE dress rehearsal was that "Hands That Built" was a 45-60 second intro snippet before trouble and not like the Vertigo Bullet snippet. Maybe wait for further confirmation if it turns up Tuesday or one of the official public gigs.

Cool, would definitely be interested in that info if it can be shared.

And yeah I had another report saying that about the Hands snippet. I'll amend the setlist.

Pride.

Volcano was a holdover from the hardcore fan telling me he heard the whole album rehearsed. Was "Womanfish" the last time they performed a song for album promotion that didn't turn up on the subsequent?

Good old Womanfish! It won't be the only time a new song was played before a tour and then didn't make the gig - Holy Joe's only live performance was at the Popmart tour announcement. There are also old songs that have been played at promo shows and then missed out on the tour, or taken forever to show up; She's a Mystery to Me was played on the HTDAAB promo tour but never made it to Vertigo except as a snippet, and Desire was played on the same promo tour and didn't show up on Vertigo until the fourth leg! Or what about Stuck in a Moment, played at the San Diego dress rehearsal and then not debuted at a proper tour gig until the third leg.

Hi.
I said I wouldn't venture here, but I wanted to share something with you.

We heard "The Miracle" today, and I think it's a half tone down.
Also Cedarwood Road, SFS, a very weird Sunday Bloody Sunday, UTEOTW, MW, Even Better (360)...

and The Sweatest Thing!!!

Maybe for Ali, that some people saw entering the arena (I wasn't around to see her :( ).

That's it :wave:

Awesome, cheers mate! :up:

In 2011 Joan Jett played Vancouver and announced several songs in that her mom passed away that morning.

Dave Matthews band and Crowded House had non-touring band members pass away the same day as a show. There's also the 2002 Who tour.

Right now, there is about as much time between now and the first Vancouver show as there is from the second Vancouver show to the first San Jose show.

Dublin is 8 hours ahead of Vancouver and flying there (with a private plane) will take at least 10 hours. If you would leave at midnight (Tuesday or Saturday) the earliest you get to Dublin will be at 6 PM (18.00 hours on Tuesday or Saturday).

Flying back : if you leave Dublin at noon on Thursday (or Monday), the earliest you would get to Vancouver would be around 2 PM (14.00 hours) on Thursday or Monday.

So time wise it could be possible.
But between Vancouver and San Jose would only be possible if a funeral service can be done on Saturday evening, Sunday or Monday morning.

Right now, there is about as much time between now and the first Vancouver show as there is from the second Vancouver show to the first San Jose show.

Dublin is 8 hours ahead of Vancouver and flying there (with a private plane) will take at least 10 hours. If you would leave at midnight (Tuesday or Saturday) the earliest you get to Dublin will be at 6 PM (18.00 hours on Tuesday or Saturday).

Flying back : if you leave Dublin at noon on Thursday (or Monday), the earliest you would get to Vancouver would be around 2 PM (14.00 hours) on Thursday or Monday.

So time wise it could be possible.
But between Vancouver and San Jose would only be possible if a funeral service can be done on Saturday evening, Sunday or Monday morning.

There's probably 500 VIPS from around the globe in town for the Tuesday dress rehearsal. At work over the weekend I crossed paths with a Universal CEO. The band will probably do a "runner" to the airport after Vancouver2.

Not sad about this. Along with The Miracle, among the worst songs U2 has ever penned. Easily my least two favourite songs from the new album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom