Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono in hysterical mode again...
:banghead:

After performance he told the U2 being at the wrong party in Berliner wall coming down 90 story...again

Oh STOP it already, won't you? :angry:

I'm pretty sure 90% of the people in the Bambi audience haven't heard this particular Berlin story from Bono. Why? Because they aren't crazy fans following everything the band does and listen to every word Bono says. And because of that I'm also pretty sure they haven't heard a live performance of EBW before as well.

Your complaining is ridiculous and is getting tired. Go and use your time doing something else if you can't stand seeing and hearing U2. There are many people here who like to see them perform live and who also happen to enjoy this version of EBW.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the people in the Bambi audience haven't heard this particular Berlin story from Bono. Why? Because they aren't crazy fans following everything the band does and listen to every word Bono says. And because of that I'm also pretty sure they haven't heard a live performance of EBW before as well.

Your complaining is ridiculous and is getting tired. Go and use your time doing something else if you can't stand seeing and hearing U2. There are many people here who like to see them perform live and who also happen to enjoy this version of EBW.

This 1000%

We can't realistically be tired of a song being performed in an alternate arrangement from an album that is barely two months old right?

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hang on, a couple of weeks you were complaining that U2 should do something different to EBW. How you've changed your tune.

Personally, the more U2 do this version of EBW the more comfortable they seem to get with it, and having a string section helps. I don't totally hate the most recent performances, like today and the EMAs. But I'd still rather a non-acoustic performance to an acoustic one.

We can't realistically be tired of a song being performed in an alternate arrangement from an album that is barely two months old right?

Of course we can, Bono sounded awful in those high parts, he was yelling like a madman, it was almost ridiculous. Such a shame for this wonderful song. Only if Bono knew less is more...

I am. The album, electric version is fantastic. Why ignore it?

I'm not tired of the acoustic arrangement. I just want to finally hear that electric version live!

Of course we can, Bono sounded awful in those high parts, he was yelling like a madman, it was almost ridiculous. Such a shame for this wonderful song. Only if Bono knew less is more...

Huh? He's always sounded fantastic to me. Like during the MTV awards.

[HD] U2 - Every Breaking Wave - MTV EMA 09/11/2014 - Vídeo Dailymotion

Thing is,these performances are getting worldwide approval,so he is going to do the same.everybody loves it ( bar a few)

I completey disagree with your opinion. I dont get how anyone could come to your conclusions. We know Bono. He wears his heart on his sleeve and sings with alot of passion. These performances arent a new thing for Bono,so why all of a sudden is his passion and emotion bad for you?

Did you like the miss sarajevo performances?or the sycmioyo performances?

This isnt a new trick from Bono,its what he has been doing since day one,its hard to understand why someone who obviously likes u2 would think Bono is putting on a big act. Why is it an act now but it wasnt on the vertigo tour?or zoo tv? Or the 360 tour?

Your theory dosent make sense!

While it might be nice to hear the album version played at least once the acoustic arrangement might now be the definitive performance of how the song will be played live. Who knows.

Thing is,these performances are getting worldwide approval,so he is going to do the same.everybody loves it ( bar a few)

I completey disagree with your opinion. I dont get how anyone could come to your conclusions. We know Bono. He wears his heart on his sleeve and sings with alot of passion. These performances arent a new thing for Bono,so why all of a sudden is his passion and emotion bad for you?

Did you like the miss sarajevo performances?or the sycmioyo performances?

This isnt a new trick from Bono,its what he has been doing since day one,its hard to understand why someone who obviously likes u2 would think Bono is putting on a big act. Why is it an act now but it wasnt on the vertigo tour?or zoo tv? Or the 360 tour?

Your theory dosent make sense!

Of course I´m aware of his approach and I like his pathetic delivery. But as he gets older it sounds sooo over the top and hysterical, I can´t help it. When he was younger it had different impact, it was more powerful and it had more punch. I know he can´t help it when he sings a song that is so close to his heart. Maybe the best solution would be to avoid these songs or arrangements live.

Of course I´m aware of his approach and I like his pathetic delivery. But as he gets older it sounds sooo over the top and hysterical, I can´t help it. When he was younger it had different impact, it was more powerful and it had more punch. I know he can´t help it when he sings a song that is so close to his heart. Maybe the best solution would be to avoid these songs or arrangements live.

Your logic is maddening

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sometimes when I read in message boards, I like to pretend that George Constanza is actually typing some posts.

This way, I find them funny instead of annoying.

Come on,so what your saying is if Bono has an emotional attachment to a song he shouldnt sing it becasue he is too old and you think he looks stupid? Really?

My love for u2 is all about emotion. If i didnt have that emotional attachment to their music they would just be another band to me.

U2 are a band who's music move's me. It makes me cry, makes me happy, gives me chills,inspires me in my everyday life and yeah sometimes it even makes me sad. Thats the power of their music.

I would say 75% of that power is the way Bono delivers the song. Bono delivers the emotion to me,he is the one that moves me.

Your saying take that all away because Bono looks stupid now???

If you take away the emotion from u2 then u2 may aswell just split up, they would be just another band and Bono would just be another singer

Sometimes when I read in message boards, I like to pretend that George Constanza is actually typing some posts.

This way, I find them funny instead of annoying.

Nah. It's actually Bono. His dual nature as poet and performer are tearing him apart.

You're right. He should just speak his delivery. Less is more.

Come on,so what your saying is if Bono has an emotional attachment to a song he shouldnt sing it becasue he is too old and you think he looks stupid? Really?

My love for u2 is all about emotion. If i didnt have that emotional attachment to their music they would just be another band to me.

U2 are a band who's music move's me. It makes me cry, makes me happy, gives me chills,inspires me in my everyday life and yeah sometimes it even makes me sad. Thats the power of their music.

I would say 75% of that power is the way Bono delivers the song. Bono delivers the emotion to me,he is the one that moves me.

Your saying take that all away because Bono looks stupid now???

If you take away the emotion from u2 then u2 may aswell just split up, they would be just another band and Bono would just be another singer

Well put!

I was just having a tangential conversation about this at lunch today. My girls and I were discussing technically sound singers who do nothing for us and whose music we don't embrace. The key - it's missing the emotion. If the singer isn't feeling it neither is anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom