Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clearly, like with Pop, they didn't have the time to "finish" these songs. The five years wasn't enough, but perhaps in the future they'll be able to revisit SOI and we'll get the record as it was meant to be.

Seriously,what was the point of the studio version? It's like they are admitting it was a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The full band version will get its due on the tour. And anything beats another Miracle performance.

Clearly, like with Pop, they didn't have the time to "finish" these songs. The five years wasn't enough, but perhaps in the future they'll be able to revisit SOI and we'll get the record as it was meant to be.

Huh? Record seems complete to me. There will be no revisiting. And they only worked on it for like 2 years, not 5.

I don't understand or agree with this at all.

I think Nick is making fun of Interference's attitude towards Pop.

Or, at least, what he perceives to be Interference's attitude towards Pop.

Jools Holland show on now on the Palladia channel....that interview was very awkward. Bono seemed to give answers to questions that were not even asked.

Jools Holland show on now on the Palladia channel....that interview was very awkward. Bono seemed to give answers to questions that were not even asked.

As someone who has interviewed him, I can tell you he'll say what he wants to say, no matter what you ask.

I like how everyone's discussing One Direction there :doh:

This whole show is an insult to my intelligence. U2 were the only ones made of flesh and blood, playing real music. It felt strange having them there, but it was a very good performance, a little different from the other acoustic ones.

I want to see Alicia Keys, she's amazing, the rest is just MEH.

The tv broadcast is an hour behind so it will be on around 10ish then

It was good! Bono was a bit off in the beginning, but once the strings and drums started it got really powerful, and he really gave it all in the final chorus.

Not bad. Hopefully those not too familiar will not notice Bono forgetting the words in the second chorus :doh:

I much prefer the album version, but it seems that the general consensus is that acoustic plays best with the masses. Better get this out as a single quick.

Not bad. Hopefully those not too familiar will not notice Bono forgetting the words in ten second chorus :doh:

Bono nailed it,i didnt even notice the word forgetting myself ? no one can touch Bono when he is on this form

It could be that this stripped back, emotional version of an unarguably beautiful so g is the perfect antidote to the backlash regarding the release. It cuts through the pomposity and presumption and reminds us that, above all, U2 writes powerful, dramatic songs that demand your attention.

We can all complain that acoustic is boring, or whatever, but something like this is going to grab more attention from a general audience and remind them of what they can do that no one else can.

It's the equivalent of what would have happened had they released MOS for NLOTH.

Sent from

The acoustic session's have only become boring for some fans because weve watched them all. To 95% this style of the song is brand new. I love it

The acoustic session's have only become boring for some fans because weve watched them all. To 95% this style of the song is brand new. I love it

Wait, you mean the entire human race hasn't seen every promo appearance?

Back
Top Bottom