Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really sick of random awards bodies fawning all over this band.

If I had a buck for every time someone brought up U2 and awards....I would have a lot of doe ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow. the EBW acoustic video is being distributed by Island to whom?? Is it being "released" as a single? of that version? Will that be a track to buy? Ugh.
I'm lost, and I'm a fan that follows every move. I see why the general public have no clue how to even purchase their stuff.

I'm guessing from the deafening silence on this question that not even U2's biggest fans know what the hell they are doing with their single releases. I'm not even sure the band knows at this point.

The intern charged with monitoring interference is making sure Bono hears that one.

that's gotta be the best fucking job though

imagine having to read every thread and then come up with a 5 minute briefing for the band :lol: "Today on Interference, fans voted that 'Xanax and Wine' is the worst U2 song that starts with X and debated if Larry is U2's best drummer. The 'Pop appreciation thread' hit 500 posts in 2 hours, while the 'I think Stuck is U2's best song' thread remains stagnant with one reply of 'lol.'"

For those who have that Palladia channel on their cable, the Jools Holland episode with U2 is airing tonight.

that's gotta be the best fucking job though

imagine having to read every thread and then come up with a 5 minute briefing for the band :lol: "Today on Interference, fans voted that 'Xanax and Wine' is the worst U2 song that starts with X and debated if Larry is U2's best drummer. The 'Pop appreciation thread' hit 500 posts in 2 hours, while the 'I think Stuck is U2's best song' thread remains stagnant with one reply of 'lol.'"

Larry: "Well?"

For those who have that Palladia channel on their cable, the Jools Holland episode with U2 is airing tonight.

Thanks for the reminder - set it on record since I won't get home til about 20 mins. in, but it's on four more times in the coming week anyway.

I love this, good choice, though I don't think the MTV audience will be impressed. But they won't be impressed by a rocker like Miracle or Volcano either.
This acoustic EBW is so anti most of the crap that MTV and the MTV audience represents these days. Just look at the list of artists scheduled to perform and those nominated. I hope U2 are opening the show because I want to turn it off afterwards and not sit through dozens of horrendous acts to see them.

Oh no!!! Full band please!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I imagine we'll get the piano/strings with some light accompaniment by Adam and Larry, like they did on Jools Holland. This is exactly what they should be pushing right now. My wife I think is a pretty good example of a casual U2 fan, and she thinks the acoustic version of EBW is the best thing they've done in years. People like her are who they need to push towards, who like the band but haven't been properly motivated to buy/listen to the new album.

I love this, good choice, though I don't think the MTV audience will be impressed. But they won't be impressed by a rocker like Miracle or Volcano either.
This acoustic EBW is so anti most of the crap that MTV and the MTV audience represents these days. Just look at the list of artists scheduled to perform and those nominated. I hope U2 are opening the show because I want to turn it off afterwards and not sit through dozens of horrendous acts to see them.

100% im hoping they open it aswell ?

Back
Top Bottom