Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what they played during the Letterman residency, if anyone wants to use it to make some guesses:

Night 1: Breathe, Boots
Night 2: Magnificock
Night 3: Cock Crazy
Night 4: Beautiful Day, Squirtigo

Letterman traditionally takes Friday off and shows a repeat episode, but I think Fallon works all 5 nights?

If Letterman had a "new" Friday night show it was filmed on Monday evening, after the 1st Monday taping.

Anyone else think that they'll do Saturday Night Live the same week? They're practically there and it coincides with the on sale rumor.
I do know that Woody Harrelson is hosting on the 15th & the musical guest escapes me {Kendrick Lamar}, but maybe that sort of confirms that Jimmy would start the 17th….

So we'll get:
Miracle
EBW (piano with strings)
California
Volcano

What else?
Song for Someone?
Beautiful Day?
Vertigo x2?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Excited to see the Fallon stuff, hopefully they pull out Crystal Ballroom and drop a tour announcement on us within the next few weeks.

Anyone else think that they'll do Saturday Night Live the same week?
Kendrick Lamar is the musical guest for November 15th, Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson will be the musical guests for November 22nd.

I think they'll do SNL during the tour like last time.

So we'll get:
Miracle
EBW (piano with strings)
California
Volcano

What else?
Song for Someone?
Beautiful Day?
Vertigo x2?

My bet is that the first four nights will be one song each, then the final night will be a two song "celebration" to bring the week to a close.

So I concur with your four suggestions, in that order, for the first four nights. The final night will be one old and one new. The new song will likely be Song For Someone in its stripped down form. I'll bet the old song won't be Stuck this time; it'll be a classic done full electric, probably Beautiful Day.

I think there will be more US promo dates coming up, but Fallon is good news to begin with. I hope they pull out another new song from SOI to perform. And yes, I guess tour dates will be announced before or during this week, at least the North American ones. Can't wait :up:

My bet is that the first four nights will be one song each, then the final night will be a two song "celebration" to bring the week to a close.

So I concur with your four suggestions, in that order, for the first four nights. The final night will be one old and one new. The new song will likely be Song For Someone in its stripped down form. I'll bet the old song won't be Stuck this time; it'll be a classic done full electric, probably Beautiful Day.

I agree with the four also. I think EBW will be the first night as it is starting to get radio airplay in the US. An interview and couch performance of SFS (like Ordinary Love) will also likely happen. California, Volcano and Miracle will likely be next three nights. Agree that there will be two songs on the last night including an electric classic. Hopefully Iris and Beautiful Day or I Will Follow. The Troubles would also be cool.

Lykke Li just finished an American tour and began a European tour so The Troubles likely ain't happening. She is in Turkey on the 18th and 19th.

So here's the prediction
Every Breaking Wave acoustic
The Miracle
Volcano
Song For Someone acoustic
California
Stuck at some point

Complete ignoring of second half of album, affirmative
There's an outside chance Cedarwood Road could sneak through, but the best songs are the last three and there's zero chance they play them because they're idiots.

I doubt they will play anything new other than what they have played so far on the promo tour. Insert beautiful day, stuck, or vertigo as the second song.

Would thoroughly enjoy if they played a war horse like streets or bad to remind people that this is the same band (or would it be too obvious that their older stuff is so much better).

I doubt they will play anything new other than what they have played so far on the promo tour. Insert beautiful day, stuck, or vertigo as the second song.

Would thoroughly enjoy if they played a war horse like streets or bad to remind people that this is the same band (or would it be too obvious that their older stuff is so much better).

Streets and Bad are a little too... BIG for the small stage.

I think if they play BD, or Stuck, it will show people how much better their music is now

I'm not so sure they will go with the acoustic versions. The album sold poorly in the US, and I think they will feel this is more promo for the tour going on sale rather than the album.

I would say we may get 6 new songs on Fallon during the week, on one show we may see SFS stripped down (it's pretty quiet anyway) and another song. I'm backing:

Mon - EBW full band
Tue - The Miracle full band
Wed - California full band
Thur - Volcano full band
Fri - SFS acoustic, Cedarwood Road or Raised by Wolves full band

If the comment Edge made about TCB possibly being the next single is true (and I don't think it is), they would play it. But it won't be. So they won't.

Back
Top Bottom