Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right. Such a little 4 minute song by a band that you're obviously bother to be a fan of (at least judging from your presence on a U2 "fan forum") can indeed feel like eternity.

I have some advice for you: Next time you switch on your computer (or wherever you're watching) and U2 pop up, just close the window and waste your time with something else. You know, you don't have to watch. That's the advice I'd gladly pass on to many U2 haters on the net who are always bitching about "having to" watch and listen to the band perform. You know, free will and all, it does exist.

Sorry, but again I have to explain something. I love U2, their music, new album is sensational and I expressed it many times on this forum in many threads, but it was probably ignored by some people.
BUT I´m not blindfolded, so despite U2 being my absolutely fav band, I cannot be utterly positive when they do something stupid. Of course, it is only my opinion and others can have completely different. But what is sad, people who are most loud have the least to say, except meaningless insults...

You act like Christ came to you in the clouds and ordained you to share the good news of your lonesome opinion to the ignorant masses or something and now it just bubbles forth from your fingertips uncontrollably LlKEOMGIJUSTCANTSTOPTELLINGTHEWORLDOFTHESEGRANDREVELATIONSOFU2STUPIDITY

Newsflash: no one gives a flying fuck. In fact, you could never post another opinion on a song or performance and we'd be able to accurately predict within a point or two exactly what you would say about it. That should give you some clue as to how repetitive your responses are.

Sent from my ass crack

Sorry, but again I have to explain something. I love U2, their music, new album is sensational and I expressed it many times on this forum in many threads, but it was probably ignored by some people.
BUT I´m not blindfolded, so despite U2 being my absolutely fav band, I cannot be utterly positive when they do something stupid. Of course, it is only my opinion and others can have completely different. But what is sad, people who are most loud have the least to say, except meaningless insults...

Ok, you loved the album, except for a couple of minor points.
That's perfectly fine, and maybe everybody is in the same camp as you are.
No problems with that.

Personally, I still can't get into "Iris". I've tried, I like the second half of the song a lot, but... I can't get into the first half or the chorus. Maybe in the future.

The thing is:

You spend A LOT more time insisting over and over and over again on those things that you didn't like it and with a lot more passion, than the time and posts and passion you devote to the things that you liked.

Also, my impression is that you do this hijacking any thread that it's in your way to do so.
Sometimes I don't know in which thread I am because they all seem to be threads about Adele's EBW or about TCB Edge's solo or about Miracle's Dad Rock qualities.

Saying "I don't like this or that" is ok. Doing it like you're doing it is annoying.

I just don't get this whole acoustic approach. I think they've released an awesome, fully electric, energetic and exciting great new record, and they are promoting it as the most laid back, quiet, reflexive thing.

I just don't get it.

Hey everyone, GREAT conversation going on here! [insert heavy sarcasm here]

Time to move on. If there's a poster who annoys you so much you can't help but want to get into arguments with him, there is this handy little thing called the ignore list, which does this magical little thing of hiding the annoying person's posts so you don't have to see them anymore.

You should give it a try! :hyper:

Speaking of people who are the most loud, it's seems you just can't help yourself when it comes to bitching about something the band did/is doing that you think is stupid.

Maybe if you didn't imply that everyone else is blindfolded, and were a little less loud and repetitive about U2's stupid-according-to-you moments, you wouldn't find yourself constantly at the center of an argument.

Everyone is well aware of your opinion about U2's promo performances. You don't have to remind them on every page.

Hey everyone, GREAT conversation going on here! [insert heavy sarcasm here]

Time to move on. If there's a poster who annoys you so much you can't help but want to get into arguments with him, there is this handy little thing called the ignore list, which does this magical little thing of hiding the annoying person's posts so you don't have to see them anymore.

You should give it a try! :hyper:

:up:

I just don't get this whole acoustic approach. I think they've released an awesome, fully electric, energetic and exciting great new record, and they are promoting it as the most laid back, quiet, reflexive thing.

I just don't get it.

I think this is the reason: The last two outings, they came out with upbeat rock songs as the first single, and promoted by playing those harder rocking songs. Lots of Bono kicking and going into the crowd and kissing the camera schtick.

Now, especially after the apple thing - I think they want to project a more mature, thoughtful, emotional message. These songs are more personal for sure. They mean a lot to them and I think that it's different this time than just going out and blasting Vertigo.

The rock show will come, but this is putting out a side of the band many haven't seen in years, or ever.

Sort of reminds me of how they played Please at the VMA's in 1997. Pretty much leaving the audience with their mouth open and saying - whoa, I read that this album was bad and full of throw away dance songs, but this song is awesome!

Speaking of people who are the most loud, it's seems you just can't help yourself when it comes to bitching about something the band did/is doing that you think is stupid.

Maybe if you didn't imply that everyone else is blindfolded, and were a little less loud and repetitive about U2's stupid-according-to-you moments, you wouldn't find yourself constantly at the center of an argument.

Everyone is well aware of your opinion about U2's promo performances. You don't have to remind them on every page.

I discuss what I find interesting. Because I love U2, everything they do I find interesting. This is why I care for all what they do. It doesn´t matter if it is positive or negative for me. I´m overally happy about what they did with the new recors. Why so many people insist on posts that are critical and they cannot react differently than with personal insults is hard to get :)

I would understand an acoustic version here and there, showing how these songs can work in such format. I have no problem with that. But we still haven't heard a full electric version of EBW, and it just bothers me.

I know it's just me, and it's just my perception of an acoustic format as the most un-rock, un-exciting, boring and tired format of all as the last thing I'd like my favourite band to do. They're losing me on this and I find it all quite worrying.

Rumors of a possibly 2 different kinds of shows (1 electric, the other more acoustic based) aren't helping to keep up my excitement. I could stand 1 or 2 diminished songs (that's what acoustic means to me) in a show, but I wouldn't go to a predominantly acoustic one.

Just my 2 cents.

I know it's just me, and it's just my perception of an acoustic format as the most un-rock, un-exciting, boring and tired format of all as the last thing I'd like my favourite band to do. They're losing me on this and I find it all quite worrying.

It´s not just you :wave:

Let´s rock!

Or dad rock ? :hyper:

I would understand an acoustic version here and there, showing how these songs can work in such format. I have no problem with that. But we still haven't heard a full electric version of EBW, and it just bothers me.

Rumors of a possibly 2 different kinds of shows (1 electric, the other more acoustic based) aren't helping to keep up my excitement. I could stand 1 or 2 diminished songs (that's what acoustic means to me) in a show, but I wouldn't go to a predominantly acoustic one.

Just my 2 cents.

The problem with the EBW on the record IS that they made it very radio pop - far from rock and IMO more unexciting and boring than the acoustic version they've been playing - that one adds some character.

The problem with the EBW on the record IS that they made it very radio pop - far from rock and IMO more unexciting and boring than the acoustic version they've been playing - that one adds some character.

If radio pop means sonically more exciting and powerfull, then I´m okay with it.

And on a side note. If they are going to continue playing EBW at every appearance, can they at least officially release it as a single for God's sake!!??!!

Out if the 10 or so threads that I frequent the most, I would say there are full blown arguments going on in 8 of them.

Of those 8, I would estimate 5 mention the term "dad rock".

I feel like the ghost of Moggio is haunting this place!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Out if the 10 or so threads that I frequent the most, I would say there are full blown arguments going on in 8 of them.

Of those 8, I would estimate 5 mention the term "dad rock".

I feel like the ghost of Moggio is haunting this place!

I guess this is what we are relegated to as we wait for more stuff to happen. Hopefully Fallon will give us something to be happy about. LOL

I guess this is what we are relegated to as we wait for more stuff to happen. Hopefully Fallon will give us something to be happy about. LOL

No,for some people that will give them more examples of Bono faking his emotions ??

The Adele version little bit...yessss

:lol:

I love how dieman tells everyone to stop, and you give a thumbs up. He singles you out, and you make a misguided excuse for why you should be immune, and then you just keep plowing ahead. I fully accept the hypocrisy of me posting this because it is re-engaging, but seriously?

The standard formula is you go off on your same tangents, you get called on it, you claim persecution, dieman steps in, it goes away, then you start again. This time you waited about an hour.

It is nothing to do with people having it in for you. When you say something valuable, I engage with you in the right spirit. It is nothing to do with people being sheeple, or being blindfolded. I and others have been more than critical of thing a the band has done. When 90% of people you talk to feel the same way, you should react like a logical person, and wonder if maybe the vast majority do in fact have a point, and just maybe your methods of engagement need some work.

Sorry, I never said people here are blindfolded, I didn´t want to say that, because it is not my opinion. Some other member said it. I was talking only about myself, that I will not honour the band for what I consider to be annoying. I didn´t at all say people here being sheeple.

Of course when many people disagree with my opinions and try to give some reasoning (and do not use only personal insults, which is quite rare :) I try to see their point of view. In the end I have to ask myself if I believe in what they say or I just want to accomodate to the majority. I know it doesn´t earn me any popularity here, but what is worth to be in discussion when you cannot stay true to yourself:)

994MAV_Mel_Gibson_044.jpg

Sent from my ass crack

Back
Top Bottom