Red Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I bought these RZ tickets, I invested €280 to be placed right in front of the stage.

The location is actually very disappointing, far from the scene and the band.

Live Nation has not provided accurate information to customers.

I consider that such sales methods are unacceptable. :angry:

m_332090.gif

Red Zone is actually right up against the stage. There is a layout making the rounds for the Vancouver shows.

IMHO it's better than TM or LN represented it to be.

I agree. I think the move to this location makes the Red Zone a pretty good value. Takes up a high percentage of the main stage rail where the band is for much of act 1, and gives the opportunity to hang closer to mid floor and take in the catwalk and screen from a very good perspective.

It is imperative to arrive very early to be against the rail of the main stage...

What is unacceptable is that I bought a ticket from a plan that was incorrect. The high ticket price is no longer justified.

It is imperative to arrive very early to be against the rail of the main stage...

What is unacceptable is that I bought a ticket from a plan that was incorrect. The high ticket price is no longer justified.

Im not sure I follow you. The original TM stage layout intimated the RZ was by the B-stage. Now it's by the main stage and word from last night is it wasn't very full and there was rail available late. For me, if I can stroll in at 6:30 or 7:00 and grab main stage RZ rail for the first set, shuffle to the bathroom during intermission and grab a beer, and wander to an uncrowded RZ area near center floor to watch the screen and show on the B, it's money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Alexvox, based on that retangle stage that you posted there was no way of knowing whether the RZ would be near the main stage or the b-stage, when your tickets went on sale.

But based on the San Jose map that was out there, RZ was planned to be at the b-stage.
Which it turns out, it's not.

Im not sure I follow you. The original TM stage layout intimated the RZ was by the B-stage. Now it's by the main stage and word from last night is it wasn't very full and there was rail available late. For me, if I can stroll in at 6:30 or 7:00 and grab main stage RZ rail for the first set, shuffle to the bathroom during intermission and grab a beer, and wander to an uncrowded RZ area near center floor to watch the screen and show on the B, it's money well spent.

:up:

Red Zone is actually right up against the stage. There is a layout making the rounds for the Vancouver shows.

Calm down, I was at the show last night and the people in Red Zone had the best spots on the floor and some of the best views of the night. You will not be disappointed.

Calm down, I was at the show last night and the people in Red Zone had the best spots on the floor and some of the best views of the night. You will not be disappointed.
Why are you telling him to calm down when he stated this:

IMHO it's better than TM or LN represented it to be.

??

When I bought these RZ tickets, I invested €280 to be placed right in front of the stage.

The location is actually very disappointing, far from the scene and the band.

Live Nation has not provided accurate information to customers.

I consider that such sales methods are unacceptable. :angry:

m_332090.gif

Wrong quote :doh: This is the one I meant.....

I understand your opinion. Nevertheless, I bought these tickets to be front of the stage (the main stage or the B-stage, whatever), as shown on the Ticketmaster map.

The RZ are against the main stage, but not in the center.

For this show, the screen did not interest me, I wanted to be close to the band...

560 euros (640 $) for these tickets ....

I understand your opinion. Nevertheless, I bought these tickets to be front of the stage (the main stage or the B-stage, whatever), as shown on the Ticketmaster map.

The RZ are against the main stage, but not the center.

For this performance, the screen did not interest me, I wanted to be close to the band...

The RZ is close to the band. Plus you can come and go as you please with your pass. You will be happy with your tix. :up:

For this show, the screen did not interest me, I wanted to be close to the band...

I don't think any representation was made that RZ was front and center anywhere. In any event, since there is a catwalk, there doesn't exist ANY front and center GA, period. You're either to the left of the center stage catwalk or to the right of it. No matter what.

I mean seriously, Red Zone takes up 70-80% of the available rail at the main stage. You couldn't be dead center cause the catwalk is there. Don't know how much more you could want location wise aside frrom being stuffed inside Larry's bass drum.

I haven't seen any red zone diagrams that guarantee anyone front and centre?

"Center", that means against the central stage that crosses the arena. On most maps, the Red Zones are against a central stage and not on the sides near the seats.

In Paris, the RZ will be placed at the opposite of what was described on the map.

Anyway, I think the extra cost compared to the general admissions is not justified.

I may be wrong!

mrzecw.jpg

Last edited:
My RZ tickets have a number RZ1 (not North/South).

Does anyone know how these are being categorized? Trying to figure out which RZ1 or RZ2 is Edge vs. Adam.

17311417288_d114e9a022_z.jpg

This is the actual Red Zone area. IMHO it's better than TM or LN represented it to be.

That is kind of unusual. People in this Red Zone are pushed to the side away from the stage center. How many people are allowed in each Red Zone? Do people still bid on these tickets like they did on 360? What is the average price per Red Zone ticket once purchased?

I kinda regret buying a RZ ticket right now, couldve gotten 2 GA tickets cheaper than the 1 RZ ticket i got for the last show. Oh well!

I kinda regret buying a RZ ticket right now, couldve gotten 2 GA tickets cheaper than the 1 RZ ticket i got for the last show. Oh well!

If there are only 50 or 100 people in each Red Zone, it will probably be great. Although not center stage, you do get a lot of rail spots on the main stage. Again, I think it will depend how many tickets they sell for each Red Zone and how crowded it is in there.

For me I just can't resist buying a relatively cheap $65 dollar ticket compared to whatever Red Zone costs or the lower level seats which start at $275 a ticket. For me, to be on the floor for only $65 dollars is a steal no matter what part of the floor you end up on. Basketball Arena floors are tiny compared Football Stadium floors.

I'm upset from the pictures that the Red Zone isn't even red. You think at least have barriers that are all red so you could feel special. Everyone gets black barriers. Red would be super cool.

Are these seats still for charity?

Back
Top Bottom