Pre-Show Lineup Thread Part 2: Check In Every Four Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The line for NY8 has started? *groan*

Oh well. I kept hoping a revolution would happen by the time we got to the NYC shows... But alas the same stupid system continues to stay in place... And not only that, it gets more douche-y.

Oh well. I kept hoping a revolution would happen by the time we got to the NYC shows... But alas the same stupid system continues to stay in place... And not only that, it gets more douche-y.

Oh, guaranteed it has. Did you see all the people with numbers on their hands holding up their phones in the pics at the @U2 party last night?

Of course they didn't bring the list with them to sign up everyone who was there, because it's SECRET. :ohmy:

I caught a FB post that Dier missed Edge & Adam because he had to 'make an appearance at MSG' (ie assert his position so no one else started their own list). LOLLLLL - awesome.

There are some really nasty, horrible people in that line, and on that list that was just shown. Just got back from NYC and was disgusted by some of these assholes who call themselves U2 fans and the lengths they will go to to get their spot on the rail and then save spots for all their friends who are further back in the list. They are truly the lowest of the low of U2 fans.

Sorry. :( :mad: :(

If it would make you feel better to vent further, we are all ears. Or eyeballs as the case may be.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What? WTF. I knew things would get nutty for these last two shows, but seriously. Really sorry to hear. I do mean it in a non :popcorn: ey way. It is one thing to chuckle at the ridiculous things that we all do to varying degrees but there are lines that should not be crossed.

I just love to jump in and say the pleasure I get in not experiencing any of this and still amazed not 1 true New Yorker didn't tell these kids to go fuck themselves at some point.

Maybe I should get a group together to just walk by and fuck with them. A comedy improv troupe with questions like "What line is this for?" "Do you REALLY like U2 or are you just being ironic?" "Can you name all the members real names -- and when they do you say, "No, NO, the correct answer is who gives a shit."

Last edited:
I caught a FB post that Dier missed Edge & Adam because he had to 'make an appearance at MSG' (ie assert his position so no one else started their own list). LOLLLLL - awesome.

I'm not going to lie, that little tidbit of information made me happy. I'm petty.

There are some really nasty, horrible people in that line, and on that list that was just shown. Just got back from NYC and was disgusted by some of these assholes who call themselves U2 fans and the lengths they will go to to get their spot on the rail and then save spots for all their friends who are further back in the list. They are truly the lowest of the low of U2 fans.

I'm so sorry. Yeah, some U2 fans are true assholes. Just remember, some of us are only insufferable wankers.

Last edited:
What did you do to make the world a better place? Nothing, but I wasted a lot of time waiting in a line to see grown men who don't really like me in any way dance around a stage.

Oh, well that's... oh....

The same person physically tried to remove two different people out of her way at NYC 5 and then again at NYC 6. Security was involved in the first one. And the girl that she pushed and trampled the second night fought back and put her in a headlock. She is part of the group that runs the lines and after talking with one of her 'friends', found out that she has done things like this before on this tour. Her bestie is on that top 10 list, so I'm sure she will get saved her rail spot, even though she's not in the front of the line.

So are they enforcing the "If you're in line for today's show, you can't join the list/line for tomorrow's show until after today's show has ended" thing, or did that get thrown out of the window after NY1?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using U2 Interference mobile app

Ultravioletluv that is absolutely gross.

I have been looking all morning for information about the list for 8. (I really need this leg to be over because my brain is unable to focus on work). There is nothing. Silence is really deafening and leads me to believe shadier stuff than usual is going down.

You knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down -- Rocky and any average New Yorker.

The same person physically tried to remove two different people out of her way at NYC 5 and then again at NYC 6. Security was involved in the first one. And the girl that she pushed and trampled the second night fought back and put her in a headlock. She is part of the group that runs the lines and after talking with one of her 'friends', found out that she has done things like this before on this tour. Her bestie is on that top 10 list, so I'm sure she will get saved her rail spot, even though she's not in the front of the line.

Good lord, that is fucking disgusting. I mean, if Bono saw her behave like that, I am positive he'd be fucking disgusted too. WTF. There is no need for that ass-fuckery.

I have no doubt it will be shady and all of the regulars will have their regular spot. The rules do not apply to these people. At NYC 5, they brought the GA line in earlier than expected (about 5:45) so quite a few people were not back in line. One of them was Paco Elevation. As we were going in the door, Paco and the guy with him were trying to get in the building up to where they were. Security was not having it. But then, after they held us up in the hallway for about 30 minutes, guess who shows up? Paco and his keeper. They walked right past everyone and took back their spot in line right before we got let in to the floor.

The one whose name is on that list right now, she runs to the rail and spreads her arms and legs out as wide as she can to save 3-5 spots for her group.

Saving spots for people waaaaaay in the back of the line on the rail is not cool. :angry: Thankfully, I have never had to deal with that. You save a piece of the rail for the people you lined up with or nearby neighbors if you decided to stand near each other. That is it. :madwife:

I have no doubt it will be shady and all of the regulars will have their regular spot. The rules do not apply to these people. At NYC 5, they brought the GA line in earlier than expected (about 5:45) so quite a few people were not back in line. One of them was Paco Elevation. As we were going in the door, Paco and the guy with him were trying to get in the building up to where they were. Security was not having it. But then, after they held us up in the hallway for about 30 minutes, guess who shows up? Paco and his keeper. They walked right past everyone and took back their spot in line right before we got let in to the floor.
Paco and his "keeper" :lol:

I can vouch for everything being said here....I have witnessed it myself..and I think we all know who is the leg arm, spreader on that GA list.

I believe that same person can be viewed front of stage at last nights @U2 party...she is right there in front:down:

Ok, I have got to go look back at the list and the video.

How in the hell are people gallivanting at 5:45?!?! Get in the goddamn line. Jaysus.

Utterly pathetic.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using U2 Interference mobile app

I love a band that sings about peace and love. I love them so much I'm willing to kill to see and hurt others to do so. Now that sums up pretty much everything in the world where people go over the top for one thing.

Also, I was in GA twice and I saw the same band. Really really close. In fact, I wouldn't want to get stuck in 1 spot for the entire show as they move around. But that's just me. They wait in line and for 10 minutes out of 210 minutes they have the best seat in the house. Then other 200 minutes they can only see Bono's toe. Way to win jerks!

I just wanted to add that I also had the pleasure of meeting some really great people in NYC, including Devaul, who is such a stand up guy and cool person. The best of the best U2 fans I have ever met.

DeVaul is pretty cool. And did I say handsome.

By the way, you guys would be good people to ask -- should I keep my sperm in the sperm bank that I've had in there since 2004 just in case I needed it before chemo killed my sperm? But it didn't kill my sperm as I have 2 kids yelling at me right now. I don't need it, but I'll miss them being there just in case I marry a new trophy wife in 25 years and she wants kids and my ball sack is all shriveled up. Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom