Only "true" fans are entitled to rail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfloxng

Refugee
I am almost sick to my stomach reading the air of entitlement so many "fans" have posted, whining about the "possibility" (not necessarily the likelihood) that they won't get a spot on the rail. If Bono read some of this whining he'd probably retch on himself as well.

First of all, even if the RZ takes the entire catwalk rail, that doesn't mean GA won't get good spots (or even rail for that matter, as RZ may end short of the front of the stage. Second of all, for a $75 ticket, rail or no rail, you'll be maybe 10-15 feet from the band at some point in the arena.

I've read so many posts of people complaining and threatening to cancel their tour plans? That is so fucking rich.

Newsflash: Most people who bought Red Zone are also die hard fans. Anyone notice RZ sold out almost instantaneously for every show?

Get a grip people. I met so many good, kind, caring people while seeing this band all over the country. It is disheartening to see the whiny, complaining, air of entitlement that reared its ugly head today.

Yep. I have GA for multiple shows, and if the RZ is indeed the whole length of the catwalk on both sides....I don't really care.

The only thing that doesn't add up from that red line on the floor (and I know all this is conjecture) is the amount of RZ tickets that would have had to been sold to fill that space. No way the band wouldn't want that packed, and that would be a ton more RZ tickets than the 100/venue that I've seen speculated.

I've done RZ a few times, and part of the experience is that it was never anything remotely close to full. You could show up at show time and still be right behind someone on the RZ rail.

original_zpsa59266aa.gif

I agree, by the way. It's not great that the floor plan wasn't accurate when tickets went on sale, but as Headache said yesterday, there are no guarantees with GA - maybe they'll do a lottery again. Who knows?

Yep. I have GA for multiple shows, and if the RZ is indeed the whole length of the catwalk on both sides....I don't really care.

The only thing that doesn't add up from that red line on the floor (and I know all this is conjecture) is the amount of RZ tickets that would have had to been sold to fill that space. No way the band wouldn't want that packed, and that would be a ton more RZ tickets than the 100/venue that I've seen speculated.

I've done RZ a few times, and part of the experience is that it was never anything remotely close to full. You could show up at show time and still be right behind someone on the RZ rail.

Agreed. The SJ layout showed RZ at 50 per side, but I would venture a guess that they will either release more RZ (maybe as many as 100) and will also allow "guest-listers" into RZ.

The Rail? Who Gives a FF about the rail? Im just mad (soooo mad) that i won't be able to use Boners private bathroom this time around. Ive grown quite accustomed to pranking him with an upper decker just before intermission. Yes, i know people who know people. :sexywink:

I am almost sick to my stomach reading the air of entitlement so many "fans" have posted, whining about the "possibility" (not necessarily the likelihood) that they won't get a spot on the rail. If Bono read some of this whining he'd probably retch on himself as well.

First of all, even if the RZ takes the entire catwalk rail, that doesn't mean GA won't get good spots (or even rail for that matter, as RZ may end short of the front of the stage. Second of all, for a $75 ticket, rail or no rail, you'll be maybe 10-15 feet from the band at some point in the arena.

I've read so many posts of people complaining and threatening to cancel their tour plans? That is so fucking rich.

Newsflash: Most people who bought Red Zone are also die hard fans. Anyone notice RZ sold out almost instantaneously for every show?

Get a grip people. I met so many good, kind, caring people while seeing this band all over the country. It is disheartening to see the whiny, complaining, air of entitlement that reared its ugly head today.

I agree. I only have RZ because I could not pull a GA in the general sale for the second night. RZ finally came up. I paid less for RZ than the price of most resale GA tickets. Im not rich by any means just been waiting for my favorite band to tour again.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I couldn't have said it better my self! Quit your whining and crying wah wah.. Go and enjoy the show! You are getting those tickets much cheaper then seating. So don't complain if you don't get rail! Life is too short to worry about such silly things!

OMG TEH U2 CONCERT IS RUlNED!!!

:lol:

I couldn't have said it better my self! Quit your whining and crying wah wah.. Go and enjoy the show! You are getting those tickets much cheaper then seating. So don't complain if you don't get rail! Life is too short to worry about such silly things!

And of course, the GA/RZ tickets are closer to the stage than any seat is, so...

GA looks tiny. Where ever you end up on the floor will be good. Whether that's behind RZ or not.

Perhaps someone miscalculated how much room there would be left around the b-stage and they had to move RZ a bit (fire code restrictions amd all)?

Agreed. The SJ layout showed RZ at 50 per side, but I would venture a guess that they will either release more RZ (maybe as many as 100) and will also allow "guest-listers" into RZ.

Of course, they are going to release more RZ. Why do you think these pics were leaked? Those greedy bastards :wink: Kidding

Maybe there will be no RZ per side. Just one RZ on one side (for RZ and guestlisters). Full GA, no RZ on the other side?

Once the fences and barriers are up, we'll be able to tell better.

Perhaps we should work out clear definitions:

True fan:
- GA only
- Lines up for days
- Controls GA lines
- Feels morally superior to everyone else

Fake fan
- Red Zone tickets
- is 'rich'
- has a job

That about it?

True fan:
- GA only
- Lines up for days
- Controls GA lines

Fake fan
- Red Zone tickets
- is 'rich'
- has a job

That about it?

Ha! That's about right ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

Hey am I the only one who sees the RZ as being special sure but not exactly "front row" special? Look at where the drum kit is located. That's the stage proper. The rest is just catwalk, no?

reference: https://www.facebook.com/Rita.U2NT/photos/pcb.919897638069439/919897251402811/?type=1&theater

Yep, agree. I don't think the views of the stages from the catwalk are anything special. The views from the catwalk on previous 'ellipse' tours would have been better. Personally I think a spot behind the RZ might have pretty good views too. The RZ'ers will likely move forward to the rail, leaving room at the back, & views for those outside RZ. I was actually thinking of aiming for a spot behind RZ, when the San Jose map was initially released. Also considered it for a 'late arrival' spot for 360.

The real arrogance is coming from those mocking others who prefer to be on the rail and from those who aren't even remotely trying to understand why some people might have an issue with this. Like look at all the cool non rail hipsters mocking those who enjoy having a spot on the rail. Guess for some of you everyone needs to see it your way. I for one do not like being in the middle of the crowd when in GA. I enjoy being able to lean on the rail. I enjoy that when I get a spot on the rail I can sit with my back to it and relax before the show. Maybe it comes down to more than just "needing" be that fan who gets so close. For me it's simply about where I'm comfortable when in GA. That's it, that's all and yes had I seen a picture before hand that showed the red zone possibly taking up the entire rail I'd have considerd other options when purchasing my tickets. Like buying actual red zone tickets or simpy going with lower bowl seats. Do I feel I'm entitled to the rail if I'm in GA? No. BUT I didn't buy tickets behind the red zone. I never said my shows will be ruined, I never even remotely suggested cancelling my tour plans. I simply pointed out why people would have an issue with it. It's pretty arrogant to not acknowledge why people could have an issue with it. It's pretty straight forward.

True fan:
- GA only
- Lines up for days
- Controls GA lines

Fake fan
- Red Zone tickets
- is 'rich'
- has a job

That about it?
- Made up in your own mind. Nobody said that
- Again made up in your own mind. Nobody said that either.
- I don't give a shit about people who control lines as long as they are nice and respectful of others in the line
- Ironic coming from you, preaching to everyone.

- I never said that but I do believe it was said
- That was implied, again not by me
- I don't think anybody said those with jobs are fake fans. But it's obviously something you've taken completely out of context from somewhere.

You should consider taking a break now.
Nope. I'm just saying it like it is. Seriously take a look around. There's more fans bitching about fans "bitching" than actual fans bitching.

Last tour we had people posting in here who fit exactly Dan's definitions. There was a bloke by the name of Remi, or something like that, I recall, who was gloating about how he and his fellow "real fans" were rocking up the night before, getting "their spot" in line, then leaving for 24 hours and expecting to walk past all the people who had been queuing for hours. Not to mention this bullshit "paper doll" practice to stop others from getting on the rail. Then of course we had Vik, who took it upon himself to physically move women out of the way if he decided they hadn't been following these "rules". It was disgusting to read about, so don't pretend like there's no precedent for some people's frustrations.

Last tour we had people posting in here who fit exactly Dan's definitions. There was a bloke by the name of Remi, or something like that, I recall, who was gloating about how he and his fellow "real fans" were rocking up the night before, getting "their spot" in line, then leaving for 24 hours and expecting to walk past all the people who had been queuing for hours. Not to mention this bullshit "paper doll" practice to stop others from getting on the rail. Then of course we had Vik, who took it upon himself to physically move women out of the way if he decided they hadn't been following these "rules". It was disgusting to read about, so don't pretend like there's no precedent for some people's frustrations.

Yep. There are so many examples of people doing this shit over the world.

I'm not, and no-one is suggesting those who want to get to the front are bad people, but we are definitely being branded with that perception.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not to mention this bullshit "paper doll" practice to stop others from getting on the rail.

is that where they all hold hands and WALK into the venue trying to block others from running? i saw a video of it once, oh jeesus never seen anything like it in my life

seriously why do people let them do it? those who want to run should just "charge" at them and see what happens :lol:

would love to see them try to pull that at other gigs! U2 fans must be really tolerant!! would be a blood bath if they tried to pull that at Hellfest :D

is that where they all hold hands and WALK into the venue trying to block others from running? i saw a video of it once, oh jeesus never seen anything like it in my life

seriously why do people let them do it? those who want to run should just "charge" at them and see what happens :lol:

My days. What utter bellends. I'd like to see them stop me at full-pelt (not that I'm planning anything as adventurous as RUNNING, not at my age)

Back
Top Bottom