Only "true" fans are entitled to rail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the legend goes... Somebody started giving false inside information and told anyone who didn't believe him to Google him to prove that he was someone who would be in the know. The first thing that came up on the google search was an arrest record and a mug shot.

I'm not sure how the church part came into play... I believe there was a challenge of some sort that led to it but I can't remember. But yes, the poster who did the original googling did also end up calling the guy's church.

Most surreal interference moment ever.

Goes back to last year when a member here put too much peronal info out there and someone called his church...my way of letting you know that you might want to keep real life info off the public Interference pages. (and an opportunity to rehash an old joke)

So the legend goes... Somebody started giving false inside information and told anyone who didn't believe him to Google him to prove that he was someone who would be in the know. The first thing that came up on the google search was an arrest record and a mug shot.

I'm not sure how the church part came into play... I believe there was a challenge of some sort that led to it but I can't remember. But yes, the poster who did the original googling did also end up calling the guy's church.

Most surreal interference moment ever.

I was in those threads when that happened. Surreal describes it personally. That said, it has become one of the greatest inside jokes on interference since. I think it may be one of the top 10. :yes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I have no idea what this means but whatever. I havent been to church in about 25 years............

I'm bored of this anyways. If people went back and read where all this started from they'd see without a doubt where it started and who instigated it and it wasn't me that's for damn sure. The red zone topic took on a life of it's own and I wasn't about to sit back and let people shit on me and then continue to do so in other threads in a pasive aggresive way for expressing an opinion.

Nobody was 'shitting' on anyone. People express opinions different than yours, you can't handle it, and you fly into a verbal rage.

Maybe you should look at yourself instead of blaming everyone else. There seems to be one common denominator here.

Nobody was 'shitting' on anyone. People express opinions different than yours, you can't handle it, and you fly into a verbal rage.

Maybe you should look at yourself instead of blaming everyone else. There seems to be one common denominator here.

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

I was in those threads when that happened. Surreal describes it personally. That said, it has become one of the greatest inside jokes on interference since. I think it may be one of the top 10. :yes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

What happened when they talked to some at the church? Complain to priest about his/her behavior on a U2 message board?

I'm bored of this anyways. If people went back and read where all this started from they'd see without a doubt where it started and who instigated it and it wasn't me that's for damn sure. The red zone topic took on a life of it's own and I wasn't about to sit back and let people shit on me and then continue to do so in other threads in a pasive aggresive way for expressing an opinion.

It's best not to get worked up over this site though. It's been that way for as long as I have browsed it. Very clique-ish and bullying. The names have changed, but the mentality has always been there.

I just come for the interesting rumors and breaking news. Other than that, it's basically weeding through posts of the same people who practically live here 24/7 needing to devolve every topic into their own personal quest to be right about everything. Then when they get called out on it, they act dismissive and smug about it.

Pretty embarrassing, but eh, who cares? Don't let it get to you.

It's best not to get worked up over this site though. It's been that way for as long as I have browsed it. Very clique-ish and bullying. The names have changed, but the mentality has always been there.

I just come for the interesting rumors and breaking news. Other than that, it's basically weeding through posts of the same people who practically live here 24/7 needing to devolve every topic into their own personal quest to be right about everything. Then when they get called out on it, they act dismissive and smug about it.

Pretty embarrassing, but eh, who cares? Don't let it get to you.

These threads would go a whole lot better if people didn't feel compelled to announce/denounce everyone else's shortcomings.

Whose this liverpoolU2fan? And hopefully not a red!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This thread is oh so long. Do I have to go back and read all of it or can someone give my a summary on previous 15 pages.

This thread is oh so long. Do I have to go back and read all of it or can someone give my a summary on previous 15 pages.

Basically pictures of rehearsal stage in Vancouver have called into question the location of Red Zone. On Ticketmaster maps when tix went on sale (and still) Red Zone is shown as 2 small areas around the smaller "e" stage. The rehearsal photos show it along the entire rail of at least one side of the long catwalk. In true Interference fashion, this touched off a heated "discussion" of why "rich" people who paid a lot for Red Zone were being placed in front of the "true fans" who bought GA.

Much jocularity ensued.

Hope that helps.

Of course we don't know for sure the Red Zone location and likely won't till the evening of May 14 when the first folks enter Rogers Arena.

If Bono read some of this whining he'd probably retch on himself as well.

this is by far the most important part of the thread which people need to take into consideration - not just here, but throughout the forum.

what would bono think?

remember folks, choose your words carefully. prepare them as though bono would read them and ask... would they please him?

hey man... i saw your documentary a while back. good stuff. you come across as a die-hard fan but in all the right ways. a rare breed!

i hope you get to see the band as often as your wife will let you this time round.

Depends on your taste. It's pretty divided in red and blue. :wink:

yeah, i believe that. i was just talking about the last result in particular... :wink:

i'm hoping to go to manchester when i'm back in england in september, if not it might have to wait till december. piccadilly station is the main hauptbahnhof in manchester is it not?

this is by far the most important part of the thread which people need to take into consideration - not just here, but throughout the forum.

what would bono think?

remember folks, choose your words carefully. prepare them as though bono would read them and ask... would they please him?

he's going to give the front few rows in GA a severe telling off. Every night. During the extended intro to One.

Back
Top Bottom