No Extra Toronto Shows - Strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think NYC and Chicago may have had $300 uppers as well.

Americans/Canadians can cross the border(land crossings only) with modern driver's licenses.

No, you cannot cross BACK into the USA with just a regular driver's license. This was changed some years ago and it was drilled into us (living in MI where people cross all the time). You have to have a passport or EDL to get back into the USA. You may not need it to get *into* Canada (don't know what their rules are), but if you're a US citizen trying to get home, then you're stuck.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/whti-program-background

No, you cannot cross BACK into the USA with just a regular driver's license. This was changed some years ago and it was drilled into us (living in MI where people cross all the time). You have to have a passport or EDL to get back into the USA. You do not need it to get *into* Canada, but if you're a US citizen trying to get home, then you're stuck.

Can you get a new US driver's license that won't get you back into the US?

I thought all new drivers licenses on both sides of the border were "enhanced".

No. In Mass they haven't changed to enhanced. Our fool Governor didn't think it worth the cost (while he spent millions renovatiing his office). I believe there are a handful of states yet to adopt them.

Yes, you can. Not all new licenses here are EDLs, not everyone has the documentation required to get an EDL or a passport and those documents are not required just to get a standard driver's license here. You do not have to be a US citizen to get a driver's license but you have to be a US citizen and have a birth certificate to get a US passport or MichiganEDL.

An EDL in Michigan is more expensive than a normal driver's license and requires additional paperwork, which was my original point that if I were to pay more to travel, I'd rather just renew my actual passport since I need the same documentation to renew a passport as I do to get an EDL. The passport is a bit more expensive and takes a bit longer, but then works worldwide and for air travel. Either way, paying more is not worth it, I could use the $$$ to see another show where I am already going within the USA.

No, you cannot cross BACK into the USA with just a regular driver's license. This was changed some years ago and it was drilled into us (living in MI where people cross all the time). You have to have a passport or EDL to get back into the USA. You may not need it to get *into* Canada (don't know what their rules are), but if you're a US citizen trying to get home, then you're stuck.

WHTI Program Background | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Yeah, as a Canadian Citizen when I go across the border by car I need a passport.

If you plan on crossing the border either way I would suggest bringing one to be safe.

I got tickets for both TO shows in the far corner of the upper deck after striking out with GA. Paid $82 per ticket. At the time I had the option of $113 at the back of the lower bowl, but thought front of the deck for $30 cheaper and same distance away was better. Still thought it was a bit steep for up there, but now feel like I got a bargain since people 25 feet closer paid $300.

Back
Top Bottom