New picture of bono surfaces on twitter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fans on Twitter and on other forums are saying that Bono doesn't look himself and that he's had plastic surgery because his face looks so strange :doh:

Man, I'm pretty sure if you're recovering from painful injuries after a horrible accident your only interest is to go and get some botox injections to look good. :huh:

He's clean shaven and has lost weight, which alters the face considerably. He may have had something done to his eye because of the fracture he suffered - mainly for medical reasons, I suppose - but apart from that I don't see why he should look "strange" here, he definitely looks like himself, just slimmer and without the stubble.

Good to see that Bono got plastic surgery. Long overdue, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see that Bono got plastic surgery. Long overdue, imo.

I bet the bike accident story was just a cover up for the fact that he went and got a face-lift and god knows what else...

I wonder if his eye was dangling out after the injury.

I wonder if his eye was dangling out after the injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Interference Joanne

rosebud.jpg

He was renamed Bobo after the accident.

He's clean shaven and has lost weight, which alters the face considerably. He may have had something done to his eye because of the fracture he suffered - mainly for medical reasons, I suppose - but apart from that I don't see why he should look "strange" here, he definitely looks like himself, just slimmer and without the stubble.

He looks great considering the severity of his injuries. I'm not surprised he's lost weight, painkillers usually suppress one's appetite, and also the physical therapy he is undergoing is probably very strenuous. He is probably working out harder than he has in years, which is a good thing. It is good to see him looking so fit given that the accident happened just a few months ago. As many have said, how many of US would be out in the public eye after an extreme set of injuries? Much less looking as well as he does? I know I wouldn't be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm always amazed at the expertise of people who can guess someone's lost or gained weight by looking at a shitty selfie.:shifty:

Feels like he got lots of parts destroyed, doctors probably needed to reconstruct some parts, and that's what plastic surgery was originally intended to be used for. Amirite, guys?

Um seriously now, when the first post-accident pictures of Bono surfaced around Christmas it didn't look as if anything was "destroyed" in his face, except some obvious swelling. As far as we know he only had surgery on his arm and hand in November. But yes, I can see him having some reconstructive surgery to remove scar tissue or bruises, from his face and maybe also from the arm.

Plastic surgery isn't just botox or other 'pretty making' surgery. It's also the very thing of putting a face back together after it has been severly smashed on the sidewalk. So I would be VERY surprised if Bono hasn't had plastic surgery after his accident.

Correct, it's simply an injection. But I think it's categorized with plastic surgery. Or there might be a different term for that, dunno.

Either way, it's far more realistic to expect Bono to have had plastic surgery than to think he hasn't. And it's quite ignorant to think plastic surgery is only for beauty reasons.

Agree about the surgery, but I'd say it's "reconstructive" instead of "plastic" surgery. I also think he probably had to have something done, simply for medical reasons, but some fans on social media are saying he also looks like he had botox or his face straightened or whatever. It's true that him shaving and losing weight also causes his face to look different. I am glad he's looking ok again, must be hell having a face injury if you're in the public eye and spotlight so much.

Agree about the surgery, but I'd say it's "reconstructive" instead of "plastic" surgery. I also think he probably had to have something done, simply for medical reasons, but some fans on social media are saying he also looks like he had botox or his face straightened or whatever. It's true that him shaving and losing weight also causes his face to look different. I am glad he's looking ok again, must be hell having a face injury if you're in the public eye and spotlight so much.

:sigh:

Plastic surgery is a medical specialty concerned with the "correction" or restoration of form and function. Though cosmetic or aesthetic surgery is the best-known kind of plastic surgery, plastic surgery is not necessarily cosmetic;[2]and includes many types of reconstructive surgery, Craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns.

bobsaget77 said:
They are going to open and close every concert with Wake Up Dead Man.

In all seriousness, it would be hilarious if they played Wake Up Dead Man to open the first show of the tour. But of course that will never happen because U2.

One thing is strange here was I was studying the picture of bono that came out around Christmas with him walking with a jacket dropped around him. Well looking at that pic he pretty much looks like bono. But this last picture he looks dramatically different. That much change in 8 weeks. Whoaaa!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

In all seriousness, it would be hilarious if they played Wake Up Dead Man to open the first show of the tour. But of course that will never happen because U2.

I still say that a cover of Queen's Bicycle Race would be best. Or maybe just play the original as they come on stage, and Edge, Larry, and Adam actually arrive on bikes (too risky for Bono of course).

Back
Top Bottom