Joe Ahorro’s Guide to the U2 General Admission Queue (Line)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Joe's Guide to the U2 General Admission Queue (Line) - U2 Online On The HorizonU2 Online On The Horizon

Ever since I began seeing U2 concerts during the Elevation Tour, I have preferred watching the band from GA. For those unfamiliar with GA – it is a concert ticket on the floor that is first-come-first-serve. But the GA is more than just a ticket. Because it is first-come-first-serve, there is the inevitable situation where dedicated fans queue (line) up early, in order to secure a good place on the floor near the stage. Some cities have fans line up over night, while others wait for days. Indeed, a community of fans have arisen out of these U2 queues. As such, norms, understandings, and expectations have developed over time by fans on what to expect when we line up for general admission.

This page is a compilation of my experiences of different U2 GA queues from my travels to see U2 concerts throughout Europe, North America, Australia, and South America. This is my Guide to the U2 General Admission Queue. For the first two legs of the Innocence and Experience Tour, we are going back to arena venues – similar to the Elevation World Tour and most legs of the Vertigo Tour. While I outline several aspects of general admission, I do highlight some of the ‘not-so-pleasant’ things of queuing up. But in the end, it is important to remember that seeing a U2 show through GA is an amazing experience all together – for the fans you meet, the music we hear, and the community that emerges.

Table of Contents:
1) Introduction
2) Buying GA Tickets
3) Credit Card Entry and Transfer
3) Why does my GA ticket have ‘Row/Box/Seat’ on it?
4) Time to Arrive in the Queue
5) Camping Overnight
6) Morning of the Queue
7) The Number System
8) Saving Spots in the Queue
9) Fanclub Membership Line Does Not Exist
10) Meeting the Band
11) What to Bring to the Queue
12) What to do in the Queue
13) Security Checks
14) Navigating the GA Floor
15) What is it like on the Floor
16) Pitfalls of the GA
17) Conclusion: GA Adds to the U2 Concert Experience

I met Cathal when he and Nick66 and Fer Castillo and more came to Chile for the 360 Tour

Now I'm staying with Nick and Joe and 2 more people at the Sandman hotel for Vancouver :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom