How bad are the obstructed views? (no spoilers please!) + Behind the Stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the giant screen that they preformed inside of shouldn't have beenpositioned side on like it was, it would have been best if they had it behind them on the main stage like usual, for this reason I think it was poor set up.
Well I think I'm done with going to see big over the top major bands shows, gonna stick to my usual small punk bands where you do get a whole lot more interaction with the bands and get to see the whole show and songs, like I'm going to see The Dropkick Murphys on St Patrick's day in Boston on Thursday, that's more my kinda thing.

I think the giant screen that they preformed inside of shouldn't have beenpositioned side on like it was, it would have been best if they had it behind them on the main stage like usual, for this reason I think it was poor set up.

So you think that a band who has been on the leading edge of tour innovation for 25+ years should have gone with a setup from the 90s and not been able to sell 20% of the seats in the arena for an already high-demand concert. You should call up Guy Oseary and share your fantastic idea.

Well the laws of geometry say otherwise. This layout reaches the maximum amount of eyes at the least amount of distance. Other than trying to rotate that monster they couldn't have maximized the visual plane any more than they have given current technology.

Were your tickets labeled "obstructed"?

I know the communication for the setup could have been better executed by LN. But I do remember some maps explaining the limited or obstructed views.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was in Block 117 @ The 02 behind the stage had a great view down the catwalk but yeah it can be frustrating.

My mate loved the view we could see every thing just the screen was out a tad.

In my experience, behind the stage isn't bad if you're in the lower bowl. I've seen a few shows from this vantage point (including U2, Indianapolis 2001) and it's not bad. In fact, I'd recommend that every fan should watch at least one show from this position, you get a pretty interesting view of what happens behind the scenes.

If you're behind the stage in the upper bowl, you're honestly probably better off either buying better seats from a scalper for inflated prices, or watching it on youtube. I saw U2 from this vantage point in Detroit #2, 2005. It was a last minute decision to go the day before the show, as there were still a few tickets available up there for the 2nd show. I figured it's a U2 concert, how bad could it be? Well, I couldn't see anything half the time! It's an awful feeling to be in the building while U2 were playing songs I'd never seen them do like "Gloria", "The Ocean", and not be able to see anything! Definitely won't do that again, I don't care how cheap the tickets are.

Back
Top Bottom