GA tips (NO SETLIST SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone curious about where they are sitting in relation to the stage or what kind of access there is in and around the Red Zones on the floor, here's a pretty accurate floorplan of the Forum setup:

U2%202015%20layout_zpsbumn8tpc.jpg

That map is wrong btw. I was in 202 last night, and this was my view ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1432759825.138389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The floor map might be right, seating is just reversed.

No empty water bottles unless they are the U2 one lol that is what security told me in Phoenix! Thought that was really dumb!

Happy girls are the prettiest girls... Audrey Hepburn

I managed to bring in an empty water bottle the first night in Phoenix ... and the best part was that the cap was stashed in my pocket!

The second night, no dice. My friend was able to talk a coffee stand vendor into giving her a bottle of water ... I went and tried the same thing. And got the damned styrofoam cup. :grumpy:

I managed to bring in an empty water bottle the first night in Phoenix ... and the best part was that the cap was stashed in my pocket!

The second night, no dice. My friend was able to talk a coffee stand vendor into giving her a bottle of water ... I went and tried the same thing. And got the damned styrofoam cup. :grumpy:

One tip from me, they might check pockets at some stadium. I always put the bottlecap in my bra. Nobody checks that. :wink: Has worked every time so far.

They did not check IDs. I go to a lot of shows and since the credit card entry has been instituted, I have never had any venue anywhere ask to see ID. They don't have time for that with a long line of people and the ticket takers don't care about anything other than the line moving properly.

I gave off my tickets to some friends for yeseterday's Forum 5/27 show and they asked for ID for the tickets. Never took a look at the Credit Card that I used to purchase.

I gave off my tickets to some friends for yeseterday's Forum 5/27 show and they asked for ID for the tickets. Never took a look at the Credit Card that I used to purchase.

I think you are talking about a different circumstance. You must have had VIP or Red Zone tickets with check-in with a host where they do check ID.

Credit card entry for GA, you walk up and hand them the credit card, they swipe it quickly and give you a paper confirmation. You must hand them the credit card, it is physically impossible for you to get into the building otherwise.

I think you are talking about a different circumstance. You must have had VIP or Red Zone tickets with check-in with a host where they do check ID.

Credit card entry for GA, you walk up and hand them the credit card, they swipe it quickly and give you a paper confirmation.

Well I should explain the situation. I walked up to a person with a laptop and asked for ID. The two friends I was giving it off to. Only one was present and the other was on the way and didn't want to make me wait. The person with the laptop held onto two tickets until the 2nd person arrived and I was able to take off.

The tickets were strictly GA.

Well I should explain the situation. I walked up to a person with a laptop and asked for ID. The two friends I was giving it off to. Only one was present and the other was on the way and didn't want to make me wait. The person with the laptop held onto two tickets until the 2nd person arrived and I was able to take off.

The tickets were strictly GA.

So you wanted someone to hold a ticket for a friend and they wanted proof they were giving the tickets to the right person so they asked for ID? How is that relevant to our discussion on the GA entry process? You are talking about something entirely different and it's completely understandable that they asked for ID in that circumstance.

My girlfriend and i are gonna arrive at 8AM at the forum. Wristbands begin at 9. They're handing out 500. We should be pretty good right?

Am I misreading the first bullet of the Forum's GA Policy to say that an overnight line will only be allowed on May 27th (and not on the remaining nights)?

Yes, that's the rule. However, the rule isn't being followed. There is already a freaking list for tomorrow.

My friends and I are arriving around 9 to avoid the list drama. We are over it.

I will be curious as to how many more people line up early on Saturday than Wednesday. On Wed we arrived around 2:30 and were 302-7. Then we tailgated until 4:30.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yes, that's the rule. However, the rule isn't being followed. There is already a freaking list for tomorrow.

My friends and I are arriving around 9 to avoid the list drama. We are over it.

I will be curious as to how many more people line up early on Saturday than Wednesday. On Wed we arrived around 2:30 and were 302-7. Then we tailgated until 4:30.

I am surprised the Forum and the Inglewood PD is allowing people to basically lineup overnight on the Forum grounds. I've been in a situation where the police showed up after after midnight and repeatedly chased people out of the Forum parking lot waiting for a show and eventually arrested some people.

They aren't on the grounds of the Forum. They are across the street.

They aren't at the Hollywood Park parking lot next to the hotel? If so, it might be considered an unlawful public gathering if it gets too noisy and neighbors complain. Late tonight could get real interesting.

Back
Top Bottom