GA tips (NO SETLIST SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be an obvious question, but...are backpacks, tote bags allowed on the GA floor? It's been mixed in the past..

Guess what? The band is selling cloth totes for $10 again. Buy one of those if venues have a stricter policy. ;)

E Lansing had the WORST policy I'd ever experienced. They did not allow ANY sort of purse or bag inside the stadium at all, even for seatholders. Ended up wrapping a hoodie with DEEP pockets around my waist to get in, and then bought the cloth 360 tote for $10 once inside. Shoved everything in the bag including the hoodie. Didnt get a single look from security all night. (We had seats. )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Just the length of 1 song on the video screen. The house lights never come up. Then boom, U2 is back on.

The term intermission is a bit misleading I think...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The intermission really seems to be more a thematic marker than any sort of break from the show.

So, from pictures I've seen it looks like there is no "pit" or inner circle area in the floor at these I+E shows - is that right?

I know that many people have said there is no need to queue up early for GA, from this I gather it's different to previous tours when a limited number would get into the pit.

However people have mentioned "GA Wristbands". If there is no separate pit area, then why are wristbands needed? Does everybody in the GA area get a wristband?

Everybody gets a wristband. Floor is divided into 2 sections, North and South and you go to the side you are assigned based on color of your wristband.

Guess what? The band is selling cloth totes for $10 again. Buy one of those if venues have a stricter policy. ;)

E Lansing had the WORST policy I'd ever experienced. They did not allow ANY sort of purse or bag inside the stadium at all, even for seatholders. Ended up wrapping a hoodie with DEEP pockets around my waist to get in, and then bought the cloth 360 tote for $10 once inside. Shoved everything in the bag including the hoodie. Didnt get a single look from security all night. (We had seats. )

That's standard operating procedure for large stadiums these days. I think we can all understand why they don't want backpacks being brought into crowded venues.

That's standard operating procedure for large stadiums these days. I think we can all understand why they don't want backpacks being brought into crowded venues.

Yeah but yet when I did Raymond James stadium for Tampa and Heinz Field for Pittsburgh I was at least allowed a small purse. Spartan Stadium in E Lansing didnt even allow a handbag. Which was really dumb because yeah, females. I remember lots of thread discussion about it lol.

I arrived at 6:00pm for a 7:30 at SJ2 and got a spot 1 row back from the catwalk rail about 10 rows deep from the main stage. A strong case could be made for arriving at 7:45 and hanging out near the side red zone areas, since you can't see the screen very well from any rail spot. There was space available there well after the show had started.

I'm hoping to be able to do GA again for one the LA shows, but it'll be hard to convince me to not be at the B-stage again. It was insanely fun.

How many songs do they do at the B Stage?

Very tempted to go there but weary of being too far from the main stage if they still do more songs on that!

How many songs do they do at the B Stage?

Very tempted to go there but weary of being too far from the main stage if they still do more songs on that!

Every Breaking Wave (Bono & The Edge)
Song For Someone (Bono)
Until the End of the World (Bono)
Sweetest Thing/Desire or Angel of Harlem/When Love Comes to town(full band)
Outro to EBTTRT (full band)
Mysterious Ways (full band)

Hmmm..... The Troubles(Bono) when they played it.

About 6 - 7 songs

*edited by sicy

Last edited by a moderator:
LOOK AT ALL THE FUCKING SPILERS IN THE THREAD THAT SAYS NO FUCKIN SPOlLERS

Given the time difference, we'll get hungover Axver-run setlist party. I'm sure hungover Axver will enjoy Iris and Bong for Someone.

Truth. I want a drunk Axver-run setlist party thread tonight :up:

This has actually happened before. When I was in Europe for the first leg of 360, on the evenings I wasn't attending shows but a gig was on, I tried to cover the setlist while still, uh, enjoying the local delicacies. I think there was one where by the end I was very drunk on Liechtensteinian wine.

Today? I hope U2 keep it down. Shh, lads, my head hurts.

Those who went to the show last night at The Forum; are they checking your IDs or just swiping your credit cards? And did the venue allow small bags/belt packs?

Those who went to the show last night at The Forum; are they checking your IDs or just swiping your credit cards? And did the venue allow small bags/belt packs?

They did not check IDs. I go to a lot of shows and since the credit card entry has been instituted, I have never had any venue anywhere ask to see ID. They don't have time for that with a long line of people and the ticket takers don't care about anything other than the line moving properly.

So I didn't understand why red zone and ga lines were getting mixed up in Phoenix. Anyway, my friend, who is currently in LA had the same issue last night.

She just found out that '
Per tour staff, red zone goes in 15 min before GA. 100 tickets per side. Venue staff has been instructed not to stop them from leaving their pen area.'.

This explains why there are so many red zone peeps at the front of the main stage and why each of the red zone areas had less than a dozen people in Phoenix.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Oh noes.

Nothing will enrage the traveling GA horde faster than having the RZ peeps let in first to steal their coveted rail spots :ohmy:

FWIW - I have GA for a few shows coming up, and it doesn't bother me in the least if they do that. RZ is not getting a good deal this tour, so throw 'em a bone.

They did not check IDs. I go to a lot of shows and since the credit card entry has been instituted, I have never had any venue anywhere ask to see ID. They don't have time for that with a long line of people and the ticket takers don't care about anything other than the line moving properly.

Oh noes.

Nothing will enrage the traveling GA horde faster than having the RZ peeps let in first to steal their coveted rail spots :ohmy:

FWIW - I have GA for a few shows coming up, and it doesn't bother me in the least if they do that. RZ is not getting a good deal this tour, so throw 'em a bone.

:corn:

Back
Top Bottom