Exchanging Tickets this Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i mean... if we were taking votes on whether "clocking someone in the face" was a justifiable punishment for line jumping, i think most of us would probably vote yes.

especially someone who's a little extra cunty.

:applaud: Yep.

There's a huge difference between someone having a spouse or plus 1 meet them in the early am after the placeholder has camped overnight, and someone being a tool and allowing 5 friends to join the line an hour before the gates open. ESPECIALLY if you're talking the top few hundred in line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Gvox--that's what I am doing posting on here, "getting in line" very early, if you know what I mean!

PS. I will mention that I am 1)half-Irish, 2) a Scorpio, and that makes me stubborn as hell....<G>

So any mods who have the urge to ban me, kindly read me the Blue Crack code of conduct in situations like this, b/c I'm not prepared to take 'no" for an answer...(only half-joking...haha)

PPs. I have to add that if anyone gets lucky tomorrow and happens to be sympathetic, keep in mind that I will have to be at work and will be offline until between 7-7:30 PM EDT, (US.) I would be unable to reply until then, so IF you want to respond, don't get rid of your ticket until after then...

Good luck tomorrow everyone...

Looking for a GA buddy for Toronto, either night. Someone who has an extra ticket who wants to meet up and go in together. GA lineup/campout optional, hanging out once inside also optional. If we do the first round is on me.

This thing is more complicated than just the +1 scenario. Take today for example. My hope was that they would announce the added dates and open up the sales....but they didn't. Just for shits and giggles, my friend and I tried the general sale for a show we didn't plan to see, and she pulled 2 GAs. I kept thinking I'd get kicked off or timed out, but never did, made it all the way through, panicked, and bought the tickets. If they announce the added dates later and do presales, we're out of codes since it only worked for 2 tickets this time (we played by the rules in the presales, we each bought 2 tickets with our own memberships and we have a group of 4 people). So once the general sales happen for added dates, we have a good chance of being totally shut out like so many today. I figured if I can trade or transfer these extra GAs, at least I have *something* on the table. THAT is why I bought more tickets than I needed. You're never guaranteed tickets in a general sale, probably don't even have a "good" chance at getting them so I like to have something to trade, or a backup option. I did buy the 2 GAs to the earlier show with a different credit card, so if I'm stuck with them and cannot go, I would trust a sibling or very good friend with my card if they wanted to go in my place.

I've traded tickets a lot in the past with other people on here and have bought multiple times from the person who started this thread. I've never been ripped off or had a bad experience trading or buying face value tickets from other fans.

This is more than likely going to reduce the shows you get to see based on trading.

As the OP says its not potentially a big risk even travelling somewhere on the basis that you have to meet someone to go in.

As you have already discussed it could be a pain finding someone who has a simialr aim as you in terms of going in really early or later on.

Leisje..was this show you didn't want to see in another city, or was it simply a different date in the same town? Just curious.

Leisje..was this show you didn't want to see in another city, or was it simply a different date in the same town? Just curious.

Different date, same city. I am hoping to attend one of the rumored additional dates, but I do not live in this city (3-4 hour drive).

What about the "transfer" option for the tickets? If two people wanted to trade, can they theoretically use this option to transfer tickets to each other ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wondering why no one is talking about the transfer function more. I've used it in the past with good results. (Sold a ticket on Craigslist.)

Wouldn't that eliminate the "scalper ushering you into the door with a credit card" dilemma if the ticket is in your name? Or will this not work since the CC won't be in your name? So confused!

God, I just realized what the scalping effect is going to have on a lot of this...in the past, fans would sell other fans in need tickets at face value. The problem? Like nobody actually has these seated tickets because a lot of them are sitting on scalping sites at the moment.

Just another disaster I guess. When Vertigo happened, I knew I could always go get cheap seats at face value or less from other fans, eBay, etc. Now with all of the StubHub type stuff and endless re-sellers there's no guarantee that you can secure tickets at those prices anymore (and frankly, nosebleeds at $40 like today's onsale are now out the window once they reach the secondary market).

Wondering why no one is talking about the transfer function more. I've used it in the past with good results. (Sold a ticket on Craigslist.)

Wouldn't that eliminate the "scalper ushering you into the door with a credit card" dilemma if the ticket is in your name? Or will this not work since the CC won't be in your name? So confused!

Probably because IMO there is little to no chance that transfer will be allowed for any ticket sold as paperless. I had some Pearl Jam tickets that were the same way - the button was there, but when clicked displayed a message that 'the artist for this event has chosen not to allow transfer' or something like that.

Probably because IMO there is little to no chance that transfer will be allowed for any ticket sold as paperless. I had some Pearl Jam tickets that were the same way - the button was there, but when clicked displayed a message that 'the artist for this event has chosen not to allow transfer' or something like that.

Hmmm... What about this Ticket exchange thing?

"TicketExchange is Ticketmaster's new online service that enables safe and secure fan-to-fan transactions. Buyers simply select the ticket(s) they want based on price and seat location, without having to bid against other buyers, without having to coordinate delivery from anonymous sellers, and without the gamble that the tickets are legitimate."

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. But I truly feel there is a way to transfer tix to others. What if you bought them as a gift? It makes no sense if there'd be no way.

What if you bought them as a gift? It makes no sense if there'd be no way.

Then what would be the point of paperless? I'm not directing this at you, but anyone buying paperless tickets as a gift had to ignore multiple warnings that stated there was no transfer of tickets and the original buyer had to attend with cc in hand. Transferring(selling) them to someone else on TM could still be an easy way for someone to profit nicely.

Then what would be the point of paperless? I'm not directing this at you, but anyone buying paperless tickets as a gift had to ignore multiple warnings that stated there was no transfer of tickets and the original buyer had to attend with cc in hand. Transferring(selling) them to someone else on TM could still be an easy way for someone to profit nicely.

No offense(direction?) taken :) I'm just amazed considering trading is a lifeblood of the community.

Now, to figure out how they can say in the ticket fine print that "ticket may not be resold for an amount in excess of the face value of the ticket without the written consent of the issuer" and then on their Ticketmaster Plus page, the header warns ominously: "resale prices often exceed face value"!

God, I just realized what the scalping effect is going to have on a lot of this...in the past, fans would sell other fans in need tickets at face value. The problem? Like nobody actually has these seated tickets because a lot of them are sitting on scalping sites at the moment.

Just another disaster I guess. When Vertigo happened, I knew I could always go get cheap seats at face value or less from other fans, eBay, etc. Now with all of the StubHub type stuff and endless re-sellers there's no guarantee that you can secure tickets at those prices anymore (and frankly, nosebleeds at $40 like today's onsale are now out the window once they reach the secondary market).

That's the huge downside to the ticket limits. Trying to prevent scalpers (which FAILED miserably from the looks of it), only served to keep the fans who have the funds to buy multiple tickets and then sell them at face value from helping others out.

I'm beyond grateful I got Chi2 nosebleeds, and am kicking myself for not having/borrowing the funds to get Chi1 as well. I've already made a board in the "What do you have/need" forum but I don't think anyone even HAS them to offer up. There are literally entire sections sitting on resale sites. :crack:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom