Earplugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got same ones. I was a virgin. I'll learn. My ears didn't vibrate and I could hear right after show so that's a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Was at MSG 1 on the floor. It was loud. Really loud. Wear plugs if you got 'em. I have those Etymotics and they were perfect. You can vary the amount of volume reduction by pushing them further in or just barely having them in. Its a surprisingly good way of controlling the sound.

I've got nosebleed seats for the O2 London in October and would like to know what the sound quality/volume is like up there and if ear plugs are required. I'll be sat directly behind the main stage at the very top - just like the back of blocks 416-417 at MSG.

Can anyone provide any advice on the sound volume in the top rows of seats behind the main stage (aka the cheap seats, way up high!) and if ear plugs are necessary? Are there banks of speakers facing the seats directly?

Edge made some comments weeks ago about how the sound set up didn't require high dB, but on here most posts are saying that this is one of loudest arena shows they've seen! I was expecting a nice clear sound at reasonable volume - will I be disappointed?

I did 3 shows in GA and one in seats. All four were extremely loud. During each show, I took my earplugs out for quick seconds to really hear everything and almost immediately put them back in. I only used the foam earplugs, but that did the trick. I would bring earplugs with you. If you feel they're unnecessary, stick them in your pocket.

If I hold my ear plugs the sound is better. I only do that during certain sections.

Wear plugs especially if you plan on going more than one night. Sound system is very loud.

Last edited:
I wore them for night 3 for me and feel a bit deaf in left ear. Too jammed in there?

Maybe it's still in...

I started with ear plugs for the Wed. night show but the sound was a bit too muffled. I took a chance and removed them for the second half of the show and I was fine afterward. Maybe it depends on where you sit. I was in 214 all the way up there.

Wow, that's unexpected, given the hype about the ceiling speaker array not having to push out as much sound...

Ok, thanks for the information guys.

Any specific info on the volume up in the high seats, back few rows - specifically, behind the stage?

Was thinking about taking my son, but don't really want to if the volume is mega-stupidly LOUD!
Even with earplugs.......:hmm:

I think I can hear again... but still woozy. I assume going back to back and exhaustion doesn't help either... I stood from 4-12 except for like 10 minute break right before show and I'm in terrible shape... I'm also over sensitive, so any small change and I go cray crazy....

i know for sure they worked great first 2 shows. Probably worked last night, but no matter what sound is getting through. It's still loud.

Maybe it's still in...

Thats-what-she-said.jpg

I wore the Etymotic plugs for Thursday's NYC show. They were amazing. I tested taking them out during the show for small bits to see how the clarity compared. The sound was better with them in then with them out. Crystal clear!!!

I've got nosebleed seats for the O2 London in October and would like to know what the sound quality/volume is like up there and if ear plugs are required. I'll be sat directly behind the main stage at the very top - just like the back of blocks 416-417 at MSG.

Can anyone provide any advice on the sound volume in the top rows of seats behind the main stage (aka the cheap seats, way up high!) and if ear plugs are necessary? Are there banks of speakers facing the seats directly?

Edge made some comments weeks ago about how the sound set up didn't require high dB, but on here most posts are saying that this is one of loudest arena shows they've seen! I was expecting a nice clear sound at reasonable volume - will I be disappointed?

I sat in the top nosebleeds behind the stage in Chicago and found the sound to be just right. Not so loud that my ears rang much afterward but really crisp, good sound. Perfect volume level. No earplugs needed. I could understand all of Bono's words and the sound was the best of any U2 show I've attended. Thank God it wasn't like the Rosebowl show on 360 tour. That show was so loud I couldn't hear for days afterward. Not sure what the accoustics will be like at O2.

I sat in the top nosebleeds behind the stage in Chicago and found the sound to be just right. Not so loud that my ears rang much afterward but really crisp, good sound. Perfect volume level. No earplugs needed. I could understand all of Bono's words and the sound was the best of any U2 show I've attended. Thank God it wasn't like the Rosebowl show on 360 tour. That show was so loud I couldn't hear for days afterward. Not sure what the accoustics will be like at O2.

We're there any banks of speakers facing directly back from the stage or directly up at the top rows? It seems that the lower levels are experiencing the highest volumes.

Back
Top Bottom