Dublin 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

limerickros

Babyface
Has anybody heard any rumours about what shows we will get in Dublin next year.

Will U2 take advantage of the amount of fans who want to see them in Ireland and the shows will be big outdoors ones either in the Aviva or Croke Park.
Or will there be a number of shows in the 3Arena (old O2, older Point Depot) which holds about 14,000

No rumors whatsoever, other than what has been said on U2.com. I don't think the iNNOCENCE/eXPERIENCE stage fits in the 3Arena, so they will probably use a different stage. And if it's towards the end of the year, I doubt they'll do shows in Aviva or Croke Park, unless it's in the daytime.

Argh, I wish we knew more regarding Dublin. Selfish and impatient, I know! I don't know whether to use my presale code for London, or to hold on for a potential Dublin date. :ohmy:

Argh, I wish we knew more regarding Dublin. Selfish and impatient, I know! :p I don't know whether to use my presale code for London, or to hold on for a potential Dublin date. :ohmy:

I am in the same situation as you singyourlife.

If it was going to be an outdoor show in Dublin I would use my code to try for UK or Europe shows

But if it is going to be indoor at the end of the year I will use my code then

I am in the same situation as you singyourlife.

If it was going to be an outdoor show in Dublin I would use my code to try for UK or Europe shows

But if it is going to be indoor at the end of the year I will use my code then
My thoughts entirely! :ohmy: I've decided that I'm going to save my code for a potential Dublin date, and hedge my bets with getting tickets for London when they go on general sale. :ohmy:

I just can't get over how stupid this whole presale code thing is. I could only get a single GA to the second show in my city (Toronto) so I guess I'll hold onto my code because I want to go to Dublin to see them too. But obviously we fanclub members are their biggest fans and we want to see them at both nights. Fucking dumb. :angry:

I just can't get over how stupid this whole presale code thing is. I could only get a single GA to the second show in my city (Toronto) so I guess I'll hold onto my code because I want to go to Dublin to see them too. But obviously we fanclub members are their biggest fans and we want to see them at both nights. Fucking dumb. :angry:
It is a bit daft! Initially, I thought it was a good idea, because it prevents touts from joining the fanclub just to buy tickets and then sell them on. But now that I'm aware of the paperless ticket format, and all of the restrictions surrounding it - it seems unlikely that a tout would bother? Unless I'm being extremely naive, of course. A four ticket limit at the very least would've been more fair for us fans, so we could go to at least two shows... considering the fact that they're doing the shows in pairs!

Dates appear to be late November / December according to U2.Com's source code... So there's no chances they'll be stadium gigs, unless U2Kitten builds a roof over one of the stadiums over the next year.

Most logical choices could be the Dublin O2 or the Aviva, but the latter would be freezing in december so I reckon it'll be at the O2.

If the last Paris show is Nov 11th and no more added, you could assume the Dublin shows may be Nov 14th, 15th, thereabouts. But why the hold up with just the Dublin shows?

i think 15 and 16 november and the extra show om 20 and 21 november

U2015 : NY 1+2 , Cologne 1 , London 3+4

Paris is supposedly set for 2 additional shows on November 14-15, meaning I doubt Dublin would begin no earlier than November 18

Back
Top Bottom