Dress rehearsal question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbelcik

Refugee
What are the chances of U2 doing a dress rehearsal concert on May 13th and inviting fans into the arena to watch? Didn't they do this on 360 and the Vertigo tour?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They did three nights of rehearsals in LA prior to the San Diego opening in 2005. The final night of LA Rehearsals (3/26/05) had a planned dress rehearsal concert for radio winners. They later came out for another 2 hours after that rehearsal from about 10pm-Midnight. I wouldn't necessarily count on it, but it certainly could happen.

I'd hang around the arena the day before if you can. They will possibly invite fans inside to see the dress rehearsal.

Two replies before this thread derailed...might be a new forum record, or not, I've only been here about a year or so.

Two replies before this thread derailed...might be a new forum record, or not, I've only been here about a year or so.

To answer your question completely off my mostly drunken (and totally baked) memory, I believe that yes there was a rehearsal that fans were invited into on Vertigo. I have no idea about 360. Nobody knows about this time around, including the band, and if they're in a good mood and feel good about the quality of the songs, they may invite some people in but almost certainly won't plan it in advance. I wouldn't hang out outside the arena all day to find out, but it's possible.

TL;DR - nobody fucking knows and it's probably way too early to speculate about it

On 360 there was a dress rehearsal concert the night before Opening night. (6/29/09) But NO fans were allowed in! It was for friends, industry people, sponsors, charity organizations only. That was strictly enforced.

On Vertigo people waiting outside L.A. Sportsarena were let in. (I was at the dress rehearsals)

I deeply hope that the band rehearses at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. But that's not for sure. They could easily rehearse in a different city and then move to Vancouver and then just doing a soundcheck there on show day. On Elevation they didn't rehearse at the Opening night venue.

On 360 there was a dress rehearsal concert the night before Opening night. (6/29/09) But NO fans were allowed in! It was for friends, industry people, sponsors, charity organizations only. That was strictly enforced.

On Vertigo people waiting outside L.A. Sportsarena were let in. (I was at the dress rehearsals)

I deeply hope that the band rehearses at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. But that's not for sure. They could easily rehearse in a different city and then move to Vancouver and then just doing a soundcheck there on show day. On Elevation they didn't rehearse at the Opening night venue.
Would be sweet if they did a dress rehearsal in Vancouer and let fans in. I'll linger around Rogers Arena on the 13th

I'm curious as to what time fans will start liing up for GA on this tour.

I was one of the contest winners for the vertigo tour dress rehearsal. It was funny because all my friends (hardcore fans) were in the other side of the sports arena. I was stuck w all the contest winners who were in no way near as amped up as I was. It was weird.

Would be sweet if they did a dress rehearsal in Vancouer and let fans in. I'll linger around Rogers Arena on the 13th

I'm curious as to what time fans will start liing up for GA on this tour.

There's a meetup that @U2 is putting together, but I'm going to the other meetup at the bar across the street from Rogers Arena just in case they end up having an open dress rehearsal.

I'll be flying into Vancouver in the late afternoon of 13 May. I'm not planning to hang out near Rogers Arena. Instead, I'll look for a nice Italian restaurant for a good meal, a glass of red wine and a good night's of rest. Man, I've got four days in Vancouver and a GA ticket for opening night.. Amazing.. Looking forward to those few days..

I pull into Vancouver late on the 12th... I am staying close to the arena, so I probably won't hang out there. Will probably hit the @u2 party but will be monitoring the forums and Twitter and be ready to dart over if something is happening.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

As much as I'd like to see a FREE U2 show, I don't know ...

I want to be in the first night, in the rail, not knowing where to be, in what spot to be, I don't want to know where to look, what they will play, what Bono will say, what moves he'll make...

I'm not flying from Chile to Vancouver to see something I know by heart.
My dream for a long time has been Opening Night, and I hope they rehearse in some other location and I don't get to hear anything before the actual show.

But to resist a free U2 show (if they let us in)?
Maybe I can do it with my eyes closed :D

I was one of the contest winners for the vertigo tour dress rehearsal. It was funny because all my friends (hardcore fans) were in the other side of the sports arena. I was stuck w all the contest winners who were in no way near as amped up as I was. It was weird.

And I was on the hardcore fan side, in the front row of the loge (they didn't let us go onto the floor)

<----see avatar for a pic from that day, I made the news that night and the guy standing next to me, brought me a printout of the screen to San Diego, two nights later.

I'd prefer they do their dress rehearsal in Seattle, because I'm not going up a day early and spending money for a third night in the hotel.

CATER TO MY NEEDS, U2.

Back
Top Bottom