Chicago Seating Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spoke with Ticketmaster today and they tried to tell me that in Chicago Sec 117 is NOT behind the stage. There are no seats behind the stage, thats why my tickets never said on Them "Obstructed or Rear of Stage". I have not been to a show yet, but it sure looks like it on the Map....:angry:

I don't know why you're the only person on earth who's had this issue.

Your section is and always has been behind the stage. Can you print a screen shot of part of your ticket? Black out all the barcodes and such so and show us exactly what you have so that maybe we can help further? Cause it sounds just wacky

I spoke with Ticketmaster today and they tried to tell me that in Chicago Sec 117 is NOT behind the stage. There are no seats behind the stage, thats why my tickets never said on Them "Obstructed or Rear of Stage". I have not been to a show yet, but it sure looks like it on the Map....:angry:

Your section is and always has been behind the stage. Can you print a screen shot of part of your ticket? Black out all the barcodes and such so and show us exactly what you have so that maybe we can help further? Cause it sounds just wacky

This is semantics. Have ANY tickets at any venue been marked "rear stage" on this tour? They don't consider those sections "behind the stage" because there are no obstructions to the view. However, there ARE many seats listed as "Limited View Seating", but those have generally been at either end of the arena, including the rearmost rows of the lower bowl and entire sections of uppers. So if you have lowers in the front half (or so) of section 117 in Chicago, they are likely not considered "limited view". In fact, depending on the venue, the entire section may be considered "full view".

This is semantics. Have ANY tickets at any venue been marked "rear stage" on this tour? They don't consider those sections "behind the stage" because there are no obstructions to the view. However, there ARE many seats listed as "Limited View Seating", but those have generally been at either end of the arena, including the rearmost rows of the lower bowl and entire sections of uppers. So if you have lowers in the front half (or so) of section 117 in Chicago, they are likely not considered "limited view". In fact, depending on the venue, the entire section may be considered "full view".

https://m.stubhub.com/u2-new-york-madison-square-garden-7-18-2015-9191449/event/9191449/

feel free to click on any of the sections behind the stage.

it does appear that the lower level sections behind the stage in chicago don't say anything... no rear stage, no obstructed view... nothing. which yea, that can be a little misleading to someone who doesn't frequent fan forums like this one, especially when you consider what the original ticketmaster placeholder stage design looked like.

I wonder how the other big touring acts are handling these more complicated stage designs.... A quick peek at current setups for NKOTB, Taylor Swift, and Madonna shows a variety of configurations with multiple performance stages (like U2). Were those designs all "locked down" before tickets went on sale, so sightlines and pricing were clearly publicized in advance? Don't tour production teams have to have all the staging and gear planned months ahead of time, so they know how many trucks they'll need, and that everything will fit the dimensions of every venue? Is the confusion over U2's layout simply because the location of the RZ (which would have no effect on ticket pricing and sightlines) changed, and everyone's assumption (based on the Vancouver seating chart) that the RZ would be by the 'e' stage turned out to be incorrect?

To me, the real question is why was the TM chart so (purposefully?) vague about the stage layout (just one long rectangle? really?!) - yet (incorrectly) specific about the RZ location?

All of the stage setups for the touring acts you mentioned were revealed before tickets went on sale, so I can imagine everything regarding sightlines and rear/obstructed view tickets were already worked out.

Now you believe me?? "A Little Misleading" Ya, I would say so. Not sure why Chicago is the only venue not mentioning or never has on these behind the stage tickets.

I wonder how the other big touring acts are handling these more complicated stage designs.... A quick peek at current setups for NKOTB, Taylor Swift, and Madonna shows a variety of configurations with multiple performance stages (like U2). Were those designs all "locked down" before tickets went on sale, so sightlines and pricing were clearly publicized in advance? Don't tour production teams have to have all the staging and gear planned months ahead of time, so they know how many trucks they'll need, and that everything will fit the dimensions of every venue? Is the confusion over U2's layout simply because the location of the RZ (which would have no effect on ticket pricing and sightlines) changed, and everyone's assumption (based on the Vancouver seating chart) that the RZ would be by the 'e' stage turned out to be incorrect?

To me, the real question is why was the TM chart so (purposefully?) vague about the stage layout (just one long rectangle? really?!) - yet (incorrectly) specific about the RZ location?

I agree with you ...

My tickets for Chicago 1 also say Limited view... pretty sure they didn't say that when I bought them. It was unclear to me where the stage was from the diagram.. :sad:

KPB1576, I feel for you. I bought tickets in Section 116. I didn't want to be behind the stage, and I found the seating chart pretty vague, so I spent what I felt was a decent amount of time looking into what end the main stage would be on. I didn't blindly click "buy tickets" until I felt I could reasonably assume that I would be on the end of the arena opposite the main stage.

Nowhere on my tickets does it indicate the seats will be rear of the main stage. Now I see this new seating chart. I know it's going to be a great show regardless, but I still can't help being just a little pissed.

if it makes you feel any better right behind the stage is a pretty cool view of the band. I have sat there a time or two. You won't be able to see the screen well at all, but it's not a terrible place to be.

I bought a seat for night two in denver. ($80 I'm sure because it was supposed to be instructed) The seating chart showed 106 in the corner behind the stage which I was fine with. But the first night I got in and saw 106 was off of the round stage. I was kinda bummed I was looking forward to being behind. But it was alright. I dunno why the seating charts aren't matching the layout. If it's a later change or what. But I feel bad for people who bought seats thinking they were in front not behind. Maybe try talking to the box office that's what some people went to do in denver though I don't know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There's no need to be sorry...

The band and Live Nation clearly should have been more specific in regards to the stage and screen layout prior to tickets going on sale. This is abundantly clear.

That said... The seating chart never flipped. There were just a lot of people confused by the placeholder seating chart ticketmaster used.

What was behind the stage when tickets went on sale was also behind the stage when the show took place. There were just a lot of people who didn't realize this, and enough where it's clear the band should have been more forthcoming with their information.

Agreed! I thought you were sighing because of my post. Heck I know I got a great deal for me ticket. I guess it just really didn't specify which stage it was behind. ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1434862265.286904.jpg I thought the red zones were to be by the main stage. ? but yeah it would have been nice if everyone would be more specific. I guess the snafu led to my pretty nice seats though seats aren't for me.

So, just to get some clarification, because I'm a little confused after reading all of these messages....would 105 be a good section for the Chicago show? From all of the charts I've seen it seems like it would give a good view of the stage, but what about the screen? Just trying to figure it out before I take the plunge. Thanks!

That's about where my seat was in denver. Check out the denver June 7 thread for my pics. It wasn't bad at all! Good luck I've never been to the Chicago arena ?

From my experience in Vancouver:

The only real obstructed views are:

a) the higher up ones on the end of the b-stage, because those at the 'top corner' (like 307/308 and possibly 207/208) can't see Edge when he's on the main stage through the screen and those at the 'bottom corner' (like 310/311 and possibly 210/211) can't see Adam when he's on the main stage through the screen and:

b) the higher up ones on the end of the main-stage, because those at the 'top left' (324-28 and possibly 224-28) will have a hard time seeing the b-stage at all when the screen is lowered because it's not very wide.

Because the band moves around so much they won't be obstructed for long, but yes, there will be times during certain songs where you can't see certain band members if you're in these sections.

So, that's why...

My tickets for Chicago 1 do say "Limited View" on them. They're section 326.

Last edited:
I don't post here often, and now I feel dumb for not coming here more often.

Then again, we purchased our tix for 2015-06-25 in December 2014, so there really wasn't anyone that really knew what the stage was going to be like back then.

We, too, are victims of being in Section 117--behind the stage--for the Chicago 2 show last night (June 25, 2015). No where on the paper tickets--when they became viewable on Ticketmaster.com--did it say "Limited View" or "Behind the Stage" or anything like that.

When I added our tickets to our iPhones, the Passbook for our ticket said "LIMITED VIEW." We were mortified.

Whether we misread things back in December, or the band swapped sides--it was NOT CLEAR to us AT ALL that we'd be behind the stage. At no time was this made evident--thru Ticketmaster's crappy 'site or anywhere else. We were pissed off pretty good when we found this out this week--and knew there wasn't a thing we could do about it.

We had ZERO views of the screens. The long screen was dead center in front of us. Couldn't see either side. There was a smallish LED screen way up at the top of the lighting rig, our necks are sore today from looking straight up to try and see anything. We saw the backs of the band's heads for 80% of the night. Bono came around to sing our way twice the entire night, Edge once, Adam once.

What can we do? I would accept that we misread the diagram, but I'm not buying that after reading this thread. All I know is that we paid decent coin for those tickets, and while it was a privilege to be in the house with our favorite band & the sound was good, we couldn't SEE anything. The visuals of the night were nil.

It's not like I'm after a refund or anything, but I'd like someone to recognize that something was changed & that it wasn't our fault that we went through 2 hours (literally) of frustration with the presale just trying to get tickets in the 1st place from Ticketbastard, then we find out we're behind the friggin' stage after paying--to us--good money for what we thought were going to be great seats with a straight-up view?

Visually, a huge disaster & the worst seats ever…with no notice until the week of the show. Audio-wise, it was a great show. But it was an incomplete experience, and while I'm working on not being bitter, I can't help but be a little upset that all that money we saved in order to be able to go ended up making us feel like it was wasted as we couldn't see a thing but the backs of heads the entire night.

I don't know what to do about this. Nothing, I guess.

Last edited:
1099.gif

I don't know what to do about this. Nothing, I guess.

If you can verify that you never had anything say "limited view" until you added them to your iphones, you have a legit gripe. If you have email receipt from TM or anything else from the sale, and there is no mention of limited view, I'd call Ticketmaster, ask for a supervisor and explain things rationally, don't know what they will do now since show has passed, but might be worth a shot.

If you can verify that you never had anything say "limited view" until you added them to your iphones, you have a legit gripe. If you have email receipt from TM or anything else from the sale, and there is no mention of limited view, I'd call Ticketmaster, ask for a supervisor and explain things rationally, don't know what they will do now since show has passed, but might be worth a shot.

Thank you for this--I'll go thru some files I might have saved. I typically don't take screen shots of things as I buy presale tickets, but maybe it's something I do next time. It might be worth a bit of trouble to see if TM will do anything.

Back
Top Bottom