Best show since ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I've seen every U2 show from ZooTV on and I have to say, the I+E show is the best since ZooTV. Better than 360.

I've been trying to figure out why and I think it's the story of the band (along with the video) and the band's energy. I just saw them in LA and they looked like they were 20-year-olds. Jumping, running, dancing with crowd. Also, Bono's voice is the best it's been in years.

And I'm one to be fairly critical of U2 (when deserved) but I have to say, they're bringing it on this tour. Not bad for a bunch of old farts. ;) Bravo, guys.

ps-If you're on the fence about going to a show (doubt it if you're on this site) do yourself a favor and go. It's an incredible experience.

:up:

Yeah, for all the setlist complaints, I love seeing so many people coming back from the shows and saying "I had SUCH a blast." Even if they still might nitpick the setlists, they are not complaining about the show/performance they saw.

From what I´ve seen the best were 360 later legs when they mixed the things up and when they played unrealesed tracks, only complain is they almost gave up on promoting NLOTH

ps-If you're on the fence about going to a show (doubt it if you're on this site) do yourself a favor and go. It's an incredible experience.

If they play in Vienna, Budapest, Warsawa or Prague, I will consider going to a show. But if the show setlist remains like it is now, I´m not interested so much. I´m not excited to listen to early stuff, hit warhorses and 6 new songs (3 of it are the weakest ones from the album)

If they play in Vienna, Budapest, Warsawa or Prague, I will consider going to a show. But if the show setlist remains like it is now, I´m not interested so much. I´m not excited to listen to early stuff, hit warhorses and 6 new songs (3 of it are the weakest ones from the album)

You won't regret going but might regret not going. I'm not a huge fan of the new album but the way the stuff is played, with the video etc, it's great.

Did you see one of these 360 later leg shows in person?

Here we go again.

There is no such a condition for liking or disliking a show. You can have opinion about Slane castle concert based on the DVD, etc. Another example, I bet you also many times in your life commented on a match or some sport event that was broadcasted via TV and you were not there personally.

Best show I've seen from them in recent times was Anaheim 360 with the heavy Achtung Baby set list. I had a blast this time seeing them but Bono's voice has sounded pretty rough during some parts of this tour (not that it wasn't expected). He is relying more than ever on half singing/speaking songs or having sing-alongs with the crowd. I still love seeing these guys live and I appreciate being able to see them so frequently in my lifetime that I can actually be picky about set-lists and strength of their performance. I'd take a poor U2 show over seeing almost any other band at peak level.

Here we go again.

There is no such a condition for liking or disliking a show. You can have opinion about Slane castle concert based on the DVD, etc. Another example, I bet you also many times in your life commented on a match or some sport event that was broadcasted via TV and you were not there personally.

I'll take that as a no, then.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion without having seen the show in person, but it certainly does affect how seriously people should take that opinion. Watching/listening to a broadcast of a concert is vastly different from actually being there in person.

No way is this tour so far close to anything since the ZooTV tour, especially compared to a few months into the 1st arena leg of that tour. I will say some of the confusion and even complaints on the current tour mirror what I heard from some people after the first couple arena shows I saw in '92 but the AB songs and the overall freshness of the production back in 92-93 were *far* superior to the SOI songs this tour. I'd even go so far as to say the 1st leg of the Vertigo tour was far better than what we've seen so far this tour.

Best show I've seen from them in recent times was Anaheim 360 with the heavy Achtung Baby set list. I had a blast this time seeing them but Bono's voice has sounded pretty rough during some parts of this tour (not that it wasn't expected). He is relying more than ever on half singing/speaking songs or having sing-alongs with the crowd. I still love seeing these guys live and I appreciate being able to see them so frequently in my lifetime that I can actually be picky about set-lists and strength of their performance. I'd take a poor U2 show over seeing almost any other band at peak level.

Yeah, I agree 100%. That show more than made up for the lackluster Rose Bowl 360 show a couple years prior.

No way is this tour so far close to anything since the ZooTV tour, especially compared to a few months into the 1st arena leg of that tour. I will say some of the confusion and even complaints on the current tour mirror what I heard from some people after the first couple arena shows I saw in '92 but the AB songs and the overall freshness of the production back in 92-93 were *far* superior to the SOI songs this tour. I'd even go so far as to say the 1st leg of the Vertigo tour was far better than what we've seen so far this tour.

Sorry I have to bite here a little, so your saying the original poster is wrong to think what they do?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Best show SINCE ZooTV. No tour in a 100 years will top ZooTV.

And really this sums up my point about the whole negativity, someone posts how much they enjoyed the show and found it the best since zoo and now here comes the posts to tell them they are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He was just disagreeing, there wasn't anything offputting about his post. Relax just a smidge.

Yeah, you're free to opine left and right about shows you've not actually seen. Just as I'm free to remind people of the knowledge base from which your opinion springs.

:)

Well, the difference is when you imply with your post what other people should think which is what you did, but forget it :hug:

My wife said it was one of the best (if not the best) tours she has seen (She's seen everything since Pop)

Me? It would be right up against the best of the arena shows I've seen SINCE Zoo TV, and certainly ahead of 360. (Arena vs Stadium isn't really fair)

Early Elevation shows were great since that was a return to arenas and they were really good.

I love me some Vertigo shows too.

RE: the actual, original post

as opposed to biting the same damn hook over and over

Even if in the cold light of history this tour is not the best since ZOO I'm excited that anyone would think so. My first show is in 10 days and I am getting seriously stoked.

Back
Top Bottom