Australia Tour Announcement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blahhh I got my hopes up nothing else was really mentioned. So they flew some guy to boston and back for just a new mix. Very anti climactic.

The "new mix" isn't too different... some differences to the mixing of the drums and backing vocals. Also sounded very slightly faster in tempo, though I might have imagined that.

They flew somebody to the States for that? Wow, somebody must've had some funding they needed to burn.

I never expected this to be much of anything, but I thought there'd be a halfway decent interview because who the hell cares about a new mix of a slow and mediocre song that's already failed as a single and won't exactly set on fire the world of Hamish & Andy's core demographic?

They flew somebody to the States for that? Wow, somebody must've had some funding they needed to burn.

I never expected this to be much of anything, but I thought there'd be a halfway decent interview because who the hell cares about a new mix of a slow and mediocre song that's already failed as a single and won't exactly set on fire the world of Hamish & Andy's core demographic?

Exsactly my thoughts. Just seems bizare.

For what it's worth, KOFM in Newcastle (plus a heap of other regional radio stations) are running a competition for 2 people to meet and watch the boys in NYC. The competition is drawn 24 July, so maybe we can expect some sort of announcement around then?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

For what it's worth, KOFM in Newcastle (plus a heap of other regional radio stations) are running a competition for 2 people to meet and watch the boys in NYC. The competition is drawn 24 July, so maybe we can expect some sort of announcement around then?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Ah KOFM! Are David and Tanya still kicking?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well that's a bit exciting. Fingers crossed it's arenas. I'm a bit worried that with a four-month gap after the Europe leg they'll be adapting it to stadiums though.

Still thinking arenas. The album kind of went unnoticed here. My friend who went to Vertigo and 360 shows with me wasn't aware an album had been released.
Probably just east coast to save time but you never know...

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Anyway i just subcribed back onto u2.com. it says there will be a presale code on the 'tours' page on their website.

Cant see it anywhere????

Anyone able to help?

"You would've thought it was gonna be stadiums but they're talking.." and then everyone interrupts and you can't hear the end of the sentence

And yes arenas most likely *insert every emoji here*

Last edited:
Although what's the bet they'll take a four-month break, start work on SOE and we end up with a bunch of shitty half-baked ideas in the setlist ?

lol he has been wrong more times than he's been right. You know that!

But getting a little excited. March is way sooner than I expected!

Yeah I know, but even so, there aren't many reasons to suggest the tour is heading to stadiums anytime soon. I mean they aren't playing Dublin yet because they've no arena's to "fit" the staging.

All will be revealed in the coming weeks…better start saving!

Nui Te Koha certainly has a habit of being wrong so this could all be nothing, but if true here's hoping it's arenas. Here's a tweet suggesting it'll be arenas: https://twitter.com/SallieAnnG/status/621100112660398080

Of course, once this gets announced I'll have the dilemmas of "can I be bothered going?" and "ugh it's announced so far in advance I don't know if it'll clash with anything else good". March is the end of festival season... hopefully they'll go to Sydney first and then come to Melbourne later in the month, when sideshows from festival acts have died down.

Seated tickets for an arena tour here will be costly as fuck. I mean, the best seats were $300 on 360 5 years ago.
Good thing I'm a GA guy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

You'll get a code for if/when the tour is announced and it will be emailed to you and be on your account info page. I believe there are 3 or 4 membership levels which means joining now you'd be in the last access group for pre-sale tickets.

Well if Madonna (also Live Nation) and the Stones are happy doing arenas here I am sure it's not an issue for U2. I just hope the ticket "packages" and prices are not the same level of fuckery as Madonna.

Back
Top Bottom