Advice on how to score GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung11

The Fly
Hi there,

I'm sure this topic has been conversed many times on the forum, but I noticed the sales thread is 90 pages long so I figured I make a new thread.

I'm going to try to get tickets for msg 8 tomorrow. Is it even worth risking getting ga tickets? Or should I play it safe and go for seats? If I do go for ga, what is the best strategy? Should I try for 4 or 2, or even 1? Which one is more likely to yield results? I can bring whatever amount of friends I have tickets for, so I'm just going to focus on what's highest probability. Also there are several of us who will try all at once.

Thanks for your help!

Get your friends to try as well.
Be signed into your TM account before the onsale starts.
Do NOT just search for 'Best Available'. Make sure you select 'GA' or 'Floor'.

*New to me this year:
While you're frantically trying on a desktop or whatever, simultaneously try on your smartphone (assuming you have one) with the TM app(download and set this up now). I scored GA's to a couple of shows this way when my desktop was coming up emtpy.

** Also, NEVER trust TM. If you seemingly get shut out a few minutes after the sale starts...KEEP TRYING. The mobile app sometimes pulls up different(better) blocks of seats, and I pulled GA's probably 20 minutes after the onsale started.

I've read here that when looking for GA tickets its easier to score several single tickets instead of asking for 2 or more, but I have no actual experience ;) (pun may be intended). I bought mine with the presale code (not for NY).

yeah like weinerdog said, definitely try with a smartphone if you've got one.

If you or someone you know has another laptop you can use, that's always useful just in case. I've sat at a PC with my laptop in my lap for Glastonbury tickets many times. Not necessary for most gigs but with U2 it's usually a bloodbath so it's worth considering the extra muscle tomorrow. :wink:

Also, make sure you're plugged directly into your internet router instead of wireless, always helps. :up:

A weird note: During the U2.com presale, I could NOT whatsoever get TicketMaster to work properly with Firefox (latest updated version).

I mean it seemed to work properly, but I'd get put in a queue for 11 minutes, it'd go to the whole 11 minutes then just return a TicketMaster error "we're having trouble try back later" or something to that effect. It wasn't a browser error as in from Firefox... it was a website error.

I just figured the site was way overloaded. After all I had forgotten to start at 10 am sharp and was already 15 minutes late to the presale. I tried for another 10 minutes to refresh the queue, but got the same problem every time. Every once in a while it'd actually work... well.. work as in it'd put me back in the queue for another 10 to 15 minutes. The queue would count down and, bam, same error.

After nearly 45 minutes of frustration, I just fired up Chrome. Went through the whole process and instantly got my 2 GAs. No TM queue, no errors, no nothing. Just worked perfectly.

Could have been an absolute coincidence, but I still would not do it in Firefox.

The TM app on my iPad worked well for 2 Van2 GAs on one order. It did take 15-20 minutes to appear, but it happened. I was shocked. Make sure you specifically request floor. Good luck.

If using the TM app, make sure you're updated, they've totally overhauled it for Android in the past couple of weeks, maybe iOS too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

For LA I tried pulling 2 GA tickets, I had no luck. Then I searched for 2 single tickets and got them

Thanks for all the tips guys! Unfortunately it hasn't worked thus far so it probably won't. I used two accounts and a computer and phone for each one. And can't get a single GA.

I hate ticketmaster, it's so rigged.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using U2 Interference mobile app

Do you guys think they'll be more GA available closer to showtime?

Specially for Phoenix 2. I have my GA tickets but I have 3 friends going and I told them there is a possibility more GA will come available closer to the show but now I'm starting to doubt that. What do you guys think?

Can't guarantee ticket drops(especially GA), but I wouldn't bet against it.

Many venues release some in the last few days before the show, as well as some the day of when the stage goes in and they see that more bodies can fit on the floor. For a softer market like Phoenix(no offense) I don't think you'll have too much issue finding some if you're persistent.

Not sure about all venues or dates but Montreal has been trickling out some GAs for the first 2 sold out nights over the past couple of weeks. Every once in a while when I go to the Montreal Evenko website there are GAs available. But they go really quick. 3 weeks ago I managed to snag single GAs for both nights 1 & 2, when the shows have been apparently sold out since December.

Not sure about all venues or dates but Montreal has been trickling out some GAs for the first 2 sold out nights over the past couple of weeks. Every once in a while when I go to the Montreal Evenko website there are GAs available. But they go really quick. 3 weeks ago I managed to snag single GAs for both nights 1 & 2, when the shows have been apparently sold out since December.

If you play your cards right you might be able to score in GA.

my guess is that GA has been undersold, we got one GA night at the O2 across 5 shows. WHat can happen is that they will undersell those tickets...but release more once full dimensions of the stage is known...you just have to be there to get them!

we're looking for the final Paris show...I had them and then TM crashed during the payment bit and I lost them

Back
Top Bottom