8 MSG shows. Which ones best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
L&B sicilian slice is the best there is.

I'm the guy who lives in Manhattan and barely gets outside that area. Man that place looks fucking delicious. So many places I need to try, but they are all in Brooklyn and I'm so lazy. I mean busy with kids and selling U2 shows.

I'm the guy who lives in Manhattan and barely gets outside that area. Man that place looks fucking delicious. So many places I need to try, but they are all in Brooklyn and I'm so lazy. I mean busy with kids and selling U2 shows.

i hear you. If you make the effort in the summer time to trek to bklyn and get a few squares, sit outside, get some spumoni, you are livin' the dream. :wave:

Of course my wife's best friend lives in Bay Ridge and looking at the map, is it right there? We visited once and I'm sure I'll be forced to go again!

(I emailed and it's nowhere near where they live)

you left brooklyn too? I moved about an hour north back in 2000. Where did you move to?

Yeah, Brooklyn was a tight community but a lot of my friends and family started moving out to Long Island and some to Staten Island and Jersey in the late 90's.

Grew up in Sheepshead Bay and lived in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst for a few years with a 2 year stint in Manhattan in between.

Had a great business opportunity in early 2012 to come out to the Bay Area, so I've been splitting time between Cupertino and San Francisco for the last few years. I try to get back to NY at least four times a year to do the rounds with friends and family and stuff my face with pizza and bagels.

i hear you. If you make the effort in the summer time to trek to bklyn and get a few squares, sit outside, get some spumoni, you are livin' the dream. :wave:

Exactly. Totally worth the effort for that experience. Used to love going to the beach during the day and stopping off at L & B on the way home when the sun starts setting.

I can't remember which line it is but there's a train that takes you pretty close on 86th St.

I just booked a trip for the 23rd- 28th with two goals- hit at least one of the U2 shows at MSG, and eat 6 squares.

I need to move so is the area nice? The rent is too damn high in UES!

rent1.jpg

Okay now you've made me hungry again. Best bagels in or near west village? He too far early in the morning. Was thinking Murrays?

I need to move so is the area nice? The rent is too damn high in UES!

The area is very nice, lots of good restaurants and shopping, and it's right by the harbor so there are nice waterfront walks, and one can rent an apartment with such views for half (or less) of Manhattan prices! Commuting is not bad with the express bus or driving, but a royal pain in the butt if coming back late at night (like after 11) by subway, that is the one thing I will not miss when I eventually move... Fortunately the express bus does run until 12:30AM during the week.

Yeah, Brooklyn was a tight community but a lot of my friends and family started moving out to Long Island and some to Staten Island and Jersey in the late 90's.

Grew up in Sheepshead Bay and lived in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst for a few years with a 2 year stint in Manhattan in between.

Had a great business opportunity in early 2012 to come out to the Bay Area, so I've been splitting time between Cupertino and San Francisco for the last few years. I try to get back to NY at least four times a year to do the rounds with friends and family and stuff my face with pizza and bagels.

I was a Marine Park guy.:wave:

I've never been to H&H. I keep going to Tals and Bagel Bobs. But I miss my old area with gramercy Bagels.

But I respect anyone who goes out of their way to get food. Harold and Kumar style.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was in New York for the first time June 30th - July 5th, fantastic city but we obviously missed U2 on our US trip, as we were also in Boston and Toronto too early.

Been awhile since I went to MSG for concert -- online it appears you can bring a bag that will fit under your seat, like a work bag. That sound right? I thought Boston TD Garden policy was no bags at all, but maybe NYC there's just too many people going and coming from work, etc to force that policy. Didn't know if GA had different policies all together since no seat at all.

Been awhile since I went to MSG for concert -- online it appears you can bring a bag that will fit under your seat, like a work bag. That sound right? I thought Boston TD Garden policy was no bags at all, but maybe NYC there's just too many people going and coming from work, etc to force that policy. Didn't know if GA had different policies all together since no seat at all.

Haven't been to MSG since the renovation was finished but one could always bring large work type bags, just have to be prepared to have security look through it thoroughly.

So Boston is over...THEY"RE OURS NOW...and we ain't giving them back!

Back
Top Bottom