2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since lots of people read this thread ...

For Boston 1, this coming Friday night, I have 2 tickets -- 1 GA and 1 Loge 12 seat in row 12. I need to part with one of them. It's obviously easier to part with the Loge seat, but I'm willing to coordinate a handoff if someone is desperate for a GA. I can't decide if I want the GA experience or the seated experience. Maybe someone will help make that decision for me.

For Boston 1, this coming Friday night, I have 2 tickets -- 1 GA and 1 Loge 12 seat in row 12. I need to part with one of them. It's obviously easier to part with the Loge seat, but I'm willing to coordinate a handoff if someone is desperate for a GA. I can't decide if I want the GA experience or the seated experience. Maybe someone will help make that decision for me.

Keep the GA! So many different (yet all closer) spots to experience the show from. As you've likely read, no need to queue up early either.

Are you a douchebag or not?

Edge is South
Adam is North

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Did GA Chicago twice, once from each side. Advantage of Adam's side is that when the band is in the E stage, they're more or less facing you. They move around a fair bit so it doesn't matter too much, but that's a consideration I suppose.

I loved the GA experience- being able to move around and catch different perspectives was a cool thing. Here's a photo I managed to snag of the E stage while on Adam's side:
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1436194368.237203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Do GA. Adams side near the b-stage is probably the best spot to be, aside from MAYBE in front of the A-stage. I walked in at 8:00 in Chicago, and I ended up in a great spot.

Is it possible he switched recently? I was basing my response off this recent Chicago footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHKJqXoc3c

But you are right, I found some footage from LA where you can clearly see the beater hit,ie) a cocktail kit.

Hmm, I guess he did switch. In Vancouver when I saw them he was using an actual beater and not a trigger. Maybe the trigger was easier for him. I wonder when he made the switch.

Hmm, I guess he did switch. In Vancouver when I saw them he was using an actual beater and not a trigger. Maybe the trigger was easier for him. I wonder when he made the switch.

Maybe you should ask him during the band's upcoming Reddit AMA. :rimshot:

(That's an ironic rimshot, in case you were wondering. I don't ever see this band doing an AMA - and certainly not LMJ.)

Actually, it is just an electric pedal/trigger, so there is no beater hitting a drum.

That´s what I thought originally. But why is he kicking the trigger instead of classic bass drum mechanism?. He doesn´t use any special sound banks that would the trigger activate. So what is the advance?

Last edited:
That´s what I thought originally. But why is he kicking the trigger instead of classic bass drum mechanism?. He doesn´t use any special sound banks that would the trigger activate. So what is the advance?

The trigger is operated with a bass drum pedal. He's playing the trigger like a normal bass pedal but there is no beater hitting anything. It's because having a full bass drum down on the E stage would be unwieldy. Earlier on the tour he had a pedal with a beater that would hit the bottom of the large floor tom but he seems to have gotten rid of that.

It's because having a full bass drum down on the E stage would be unwieldy.

Would it? I found the e stage quite comfortable with enough space. With so much crews around it shouldn´t be a problem. But in the end it doesn´t really matter.

So was Toronto 1 U2's longest concert ever? Concert started at 8:15 and did not end until 10:50! That's 2 hours and 35 minutes. To the best of my knowledge U2 has never done a 3 hour or more concert. So if Toronto 1 was not the longest, it must be close. My first U2 concert on the first leg of ZOO TV was 1 hour and 55 minutes. Toronto 1 for this tour was 40 minutes longer than that.

Gvox was the singer on stage? If so, he did an amazing job singing Desire! The band played it also very well. It had more balls than U2 versions of it last 20 years :) Only one thing felt wrong. The singer had very ridiculous movements on the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom