U2 rehearsals in Turin Part IV: The plot thickens...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's not botched into acoustic like Stuck. Album version would be great.

And come on, SUC BEGS for a play! I don't get how they can just leave it shelved. I still have a tiny spark of hope left for Fez-BB, but it's getting smaller by the day.

What's the time for you right now? I'm trying to get my timezones right again.. 6 am?

Of all the songs U2 could do acoustically, WAS is probably the ones that would be butchered the least. Naturally I agree with you that it should be done properly, but I don't expect an acoustic version would leave as bad a taste in my mouth as dreadful past ones like Desire and SATS.

It's about 8:20am here now ... dragged myself up at 7, which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't stayed up late last night working.

:drool: Indeed sir! What is your take on what they will keep from NOLTH and maybe add?

Boots, Magnificent, Crazy, and MOS look like staying; apart from possibly Magnificent, I expect they will all be done every night. I imagine Breathe and NLOTH may stay in the mix but not perhaps every night. Dallas may have done Unknown Caller today, but I think it's close to dead after its extended absence on the second leg last year. It did go down better in Europe last year, so maybe they'll give it another chance? But with new stuff coming into the set, I can see it very easily getting squeezed out.

As for anything new, Comedy and WAS both strike me as outside chances, but if the band are doing brand new songs, I imagine they might prioritise that over debuting extra NLOTH tracks.

That version of HMTMKMKM is superb. Very impressed that Bono can still carry that one.

Is there any video yet of this slower new track? Even if it never surfaces from the literal aural soup of rehearsal footage, I'm still curious.

Of all the songs U2 could do acoustically, WAS is probably the ones that would be butchered the least. Naturally I agree with you that it should be done properly, but I don't expect an acoustic version would leave as bad a taste in my mouth as dreadful past ones like Desire and SATS.

It's about 8:20am here now ... dragged myself up at 7, which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't stayed up late last night working.

Agreed, and let's not forget S(t)uck acoustic. At least the album version was just a tiny tiny bit listenable. I hope they drop the acoustic set this time around.

Ah so you're actually +8 now. Are you going to stay up to do the setlist updates or will Matt do it? It'll be quite early for you, the concert usually starts at 9, so 5 am your time. Ouch.

Dallas may have done Unknown Caller today, but I think it's close to dead after its extended absence on the second leg last year. It did go down better in Europe last year, so maybe they'll give it another chance? But with new stuff coming into the set, I can see it very easily getting squeezed out.

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

Ah so you're actually +8 now. Are you going to stay up to do the setlist updates or will Matt do it? It'll be quite early for you, the concert usually starts at 9, so 5 am your time. Ouch.

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll probably get up. :crack:

Matt's going to almost every show, though, so he will probably do some updates - depends how pre-occupied he is with recording/filming. He may cover the start of the show, then I'll get up by 6-6:30 to handle the end and post the mainpage setlist article.

Anyway, I'm out. :wave:

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll probably get up. :crack:

Matt's going to almost every show, though, so he will probably do some updates - depends how pre-occupied he is with recording/filming. He may cover the start of the show, then I'll get up by 6-6:30 to handle the end and post the mainpage setlist article.

Anyway, I'm out. :wave:

Aw, poor guy! :hug: So Matt will be recording stuff? Did the live audio feed thing work out or not? I remember you talking about it.

:wave: See ya. I'll be going to bed sometime soon too I guess, it's getting late.

Dallas may have done Unknown Caller today, but I think it's close to dead after its extended absence on the second leg last year. It did go down better in Europe last year, so maybe they'll give it another chance? But with new stuff coming into the set, I can see it very easily getting squeezed out.

This was supposed to be in my previous post..

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

Wait, what? There was an "extended absence" of Unknown Caller last fall? I thought it only sat out a few shows here and there.

Am I misremembering?

Wait, what? There was an "extended absence" of Unknown Caller last fall? I thought it only sat out a few shows here and there.

Am I misremembering?

what? no roger clemens tag?

UC was just missing for a few shows before they picked it up again in norman. then they played it again the rest of the way

I got UC at all of my shows, and I'm glad I did. That and TUF (and then Crazy remix) were my favorite parts of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom