U2 rehearsals in Torino part V: Full aug 2 update + aug 3 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRAP!CRAP!CRAP! No UV? CRAP!

I'm absolutely devastated over this, however I understand their logic in switching it out with something else (HMTM?). U2 need to make the setlist different from last year. However, they're not likely to switch out Streets, BD or Vertigo for HMTMKMKM. One fairly unknown 90s track in place of another.

Ever since I became a U2 fan in 94, I've dreamed of seeing U2 play UV live. It's always been a favorite of mine, but the 360 version of it blows away all other versions IMO! I'm so very happy I got to see it in Chicago last year, and that it's forever immortalized on the Rose Bowl DVD.

sorry_sad_kitty_face1.jpg

:tsk: Too late. Well, fine. Couch for you tonight then.

For those who are interested, compiling a "possible setlist beginning" from yesterday with a "likely setlist ending" from today:

<intro and whatnot>
1) Beautiful Day
2) Slow New Song
3) Fast New Song
4) Elevation
5) In A Little While
6) Miss Sarajevo
7) Until The End Of The World
8) The Unforgettable Fire
9) City of Blinding Lights
10) Vertigo
11) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet)
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) MLK
14) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Along (snippet)
--encore break--
15) One
16) Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
17) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
18) With or Without You
19) Moment of Surrender

That leaves, minimum, three slots still open. I'd speculate that candidates to fill those spots include Breathe, Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, No Line On The Horizon, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, possibly Gone, and (unlikely, but possible) Gloria. Oh, Bad, too. Bad is kind of always in the running.

For those who are interested, compiling a "possible setlist beginning" from yesterday with a "likely setlists ending" from today:

<intro and whatnot>
1) Beautiful Day
2) Slow New Song
3) Fast New Song
4) Elevation
5) In A Little While
6) Miss Sarajevo
10) Vertigo
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) MLK
--encore break--
15) One
--encore break--
18) With or Without You
19) Moment of Surrender

That leaves, minimum, three slots still open. I'd speculate that candidates to fill those spots include Breathe, Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, possibly Gone, and (unlikely, but possible) Gloria.

you sir, are a master :up:

gah . . . so many nloth gems that are not in there . . . speculatively speaking of course :)

can't wait to check later tonight and see what fun I've missed out on . . . humping brownies :huh: :lol:

catch ya douchebags doodlebugs :wink:

:kiss:

For those who are interested, compiling a "possible setlist beginning" from yesterday with a "likely setlists ending" from today:

<intro and whatnot>
1) Beautiful Day
2) Slow New Song
3) Fast New Song
4) Elevation
5) In A Little While
6) Miss Sarajevo
10) Vertigo
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) MLK
--encore break--
15) One
--encore break--
18) With or Without You
19) Moment of Surrender

That leaves, minimum, three slots still open. I'd speculate that candidates to fill those spots include Breathe, Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, possibly Gone, and (unlikely, but possible) Gloria. Oh, Bad, too. Bad is kind of always in the running.

Setlist isn't that bad, though I'm pretty sure the 2 new songs will be moved somewhere else in the set. It's pretty good rehearsal list though. :up:

How about this for the Encore:

HMTMKMKM
UltraViolet
WOWY
MOS

That would kinda work if you think of it. Both UV and HMTMKMKM are in my top ten and I don't want to give one up for another :doh:. It's a very hard trade off but I guess to see HM... again it would be worth it.

For those who are interested, compiling a "possible setlist beginning" from yesterday with a "likely setlist ending" from today:

<intro and whatnot>
1) Beautiful Day
2) Slow New Song
3) Fast New Song
4) Elevation
5) In A Little While
6) Miss Sarajevo
10) Vertigo
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) MLK
--encore break--
15) One
--encore break--
18) With or Without You
19) Moment of Surrender

That leaves, minimum, three slots still open. I'd speculate that candidates to fill those spots include Breathe, Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, No Line On The Horizon, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, possibly Gone, and (unlikely, but possible) Gloria. Oh, Bad, too. Bad is kind of always in the running.
This seems very realistic to me. Though I don't see it happening, WOWY's spot would be quite nice for TTTYAATW. Or UV for that matter.
How slim are the chances of SUC finally getting some playtime?:(

Bad is an absolute rarity that has only been played a few times this tour, and on vertigo it wasn't a staple either. I find it ridiculous that you EXPECT it, with 40 in it, while U2 is rehearsing and has two NEW songs and an old fan favourite that hasn't been played in 12 years in the setlist. A rehearsal setlist I might add as the show hasn't even started yet.

Wtf man. Wtf.

don't short change trying to throw your arms around the world.

while it doesn't kick much ass like htkmkthxbai

it's been even longer since they've played it

This seems very realistic to me. Though I don't see it happening, WOWY's spot would be quite nice for TTTYAATW.

I'd be rather unhappy to see WOWY be replaced with TTTYAATW. This is just my opinion, but I consider WOWY to be on a league of songs unimaginably far ahead of TTTYAATW (not that TTTYAATW is a bad song).

Whatever, though... I shouldn't be selfish. U2 gave me setlists beyond my wildest dreams last year, and more people will be made happy with what U2 are doing this year (replacing Ultraviolet with HMTMKMKM, dumping a bunch of No Line songs, and the like)... and I'm not seeing a show this year, anyway.

<intro and whatnot>
1) Beautiful Day
2) Slow New Song
3) Fast New Song
4) Elevation
5) In A Little While
6) Miss Sarajevo
10) Vertigo
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) MLK
--encore break--
15) One
--encore break--
18) With or Without You
19) Moment of Surrender

it's always a fresh of breath air when there's some rational thought as opposed to the "they should play w, x, y and z" when w-z are songs that just aren't gonna happen

you are wise beyond your years :up:

it's always a fresh of breath air when there's some rational thought as opposed to the "they should play w, x, y and z" when w-z are songs that just aren't gonna happen

Why thank you. :)

I still think the NLOTH songs will occupy a few of the early slots, with this new song possibly in there as well, with the other taking up the acoustic segment.

As long as I get MW played for me again next summer at the MI show, I will be happy no matter what.

I got it in Tampa (after not getting it at Vertigo Pittsburgh), and in all reality, other than Streets being a NECESSITY, I would be happy with anything.
(Minus ATYCLB songs, but yeah...)

I forgot that Mysterious Ways wasn't played yesterday or today. I'm sure it's in the running to fill those other three slots, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom