U2 rehearsals in Torino part V: Full aug 2 update + aug 3 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we know they are adding 1 new song for sure. I wonder if they will actually go through with playing the unreleased songs on tour, or chicken out :lol:

What about Trying To Throw? I'm thinking about where they could fit that in the set if they added it. I thought it would replace IALW after Elevation, but they seem to be set on keeping those. (which i dont mind, cuz im one of the people who love both)

With or Without You :drool:

Goodbye, Ultraviolet. :heart:

Today's setlist:

<Space Oddity intro>
1) Glastonbury (new song)
2) Beautiful Day
3) MLK
4) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
--encore break--
5) One (preceded by the good voice of Desmond Tutu)
6) Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
7) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
8) With or Without You

Same here. My favorite part of the whole DVD. I even made about 20 gifs of it. LOL and a whole bunch of the entire song. :reject:

rosebowl360amazinggrace1-comet.gif

rosebowl360amazinggrace4-comet.gif

Those are very nice GIFs. :)

Glad they're still playing With Or Without You. Might be the odd one out when I say that. :D

Shame Ultraviolet's out...they could have had started the encore with 2 power songs, then go into WoWY. :huh::sad:

Anways, HMTMKMKM is definitely in. :up:

Today's setlist :

- Space Oddity intro
- Glastonbury (new song)
- Beautiful Day
- MLK
- Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
--encore break--
- One (Desmond Tutu speech)
- Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
- With or Without you

I like Santiago, but Sarajevo and Mexico City are really the only two I listen to very often. PopMart shows are, in general, all really similar, so I don't have much of an incentive to download a hundred quadrillion of them like I did for ZooTV, Vertigo, and 360.

Heh. ZooTV didn't have much variation either, though, right? Although there were so many legs/iterations of it that it did eventually change after Zooropa came out.

But I feel the same way about Popmart. Well, almost - I'm obsessive about bootlegs, and if it's available online, I have it. Even if I'll never listen to it. :nerd:

I've been downloading and watching a lot of dvd boots in the past year, and my impression has been that Zoo TV shows are far more similar than PopMart shows. The setlist may not vary a ton on PopMart, but somehow the tone seems different on many of them. But overall, Elevation shows seem to have more variation, and that's what I find myself watching most often.

have a good one doodlebugs

I was reading fast to catch up, and when I first read this, I thought it said "douchebags" and I was all :ohmy: PR isn't usually like that!! :lmao:

I bet the Mic Wheel will have a new glow during HMTMKMKM....

Bye UV, it was so memorizing to feel you in the desert skies of Las Vegas... :sad:

HMTM - UV - WOWY - MOS would be much better than it is now without UV

I don't see why they couldn't just go from a yellow Bono Wii mic for Hold Me, to the red one in UV, and to the blue for WOWY. It would be kinda cool to have that type of theme in the encore.

MOS. Called it!

Also, I updated the first post.

Webcam site seems to be crashing. Probably cannot handle the amount of traffic right now.

With or Without You :drool:

Goodbye, Ultraviolet. :heart:

Today's setlist:

<Space Oddity intro>
1) Glastonbury (new song)
2) Beautiful Day
3) MLK
4) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
--encore break--
5) One (preceded by the good voice of Desmond Tutu)
6) Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
7) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
8) With or Without You

Odds are this is only PART of the full setlist, and Friday's show'll have more songs in it. I seriously doubt Streets will be SIXTH in the running order. That's always down towards the end, before the encore.

ETA: Just noticed...it's near 11pm in Italy. Who wants to bet they're wrapping it up because of all the complaints?? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom