U2 rehearsals in Torino part V: Full aug 2 update + aug 3 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Making brownies? :huh:

brownies.jpg

Nice! My aunt drove down from Appleton, my cousin drove up from Rockford, IL, we met in Waukesha at my college and headed to Madison! I'm sure I had an awesome time. :lol:

Commenting on this thread barely makes sense because it's moving so fast and there's so much chit chat and so little real information here :sigh:

First, I LOVED the Tutu speech and I'm glad they're keeping it. But it has to be before ONE, not Streets. It's just ackward that Tutu screams ONE! ONE! and then Streets comes on :doh:

Second, they will NEVER drop WOWY, and I sure hope they won't drop ISHFWILF, even though I'm slightly concerned by the absence of this song in rehearsals. I strongly disagree with whoever was saying U2 should put on a rock show and forget about their more atmospheric/slower/spiritual tracks. Wrong! These songs are the quintessence of U2, they are what the band is all about, and there's nothing more magical than hearing a stadium full of 70.000 people sing along to Still Haven't Found. U2 is not a bland rock'n'roll band, they are more than that. They're about the spirit, heart and soul.

Third, all songs off NLOTH except Unknown Caller have been rehearsed at least once. I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of new NLOTH songs being added to the setlist, but I sure hope they won't drop any. I think they'll open with Boots and keep NLOTH and Breathe somewhere in the beginning.

And I don't mind to see UV go, if they keep the visuals, the wheelmic and LED jacket for whatever song they replace it with (Batman is fine for me).

And last but not least, it's great they're obviously plan to add completely new songs to the set, I honestly wouldn't have thought they'd have the courage to do that. :up:

Case in point. :wink:

Too much of a good thing. Brownie overkill. Beaten over my head with a plate of brownies. Beating a dead brownie with a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom