U2 rehearsals in Torino part V: Full aug 2 update + aug 3 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky enough to see it on 7 Zoo TV concerts (yes I'm an old fart), i

:grumpy: LUCKY! :wink:

i was in the underpaid; under employed recession peroid .

I was VERY LUCKY to have a sib & friends who got me a tix for ZOO-TV at Giants Stadium :)madspit: we missed getting tix for ZOO-TV at Yankee Stadium :sad:) and I paid them back some time later when I got more work again!

:grumpy: LUCKY! :wink:

i was in the underpaid; under employed recession peroid .

I was VERY LUCKY to have a sib & friends who got me a tix for ZOO-TV at Giants Stadium :)madspit: we missed getting tix for ZOO-TV at Yankee Stadium :sad:) and I paid them back some time later when I got more work again!

I don't think you guys wanna know how young I was during ZooTv... (I was born in '83...)

:wave: Hi peeps! Work has been busy today, so I've just done a speed read of the last 10 pgs or so. Let's see, we have complaints already about what's being practiced & what isn't, new video/alternate video of rehearsals, suspected destruction of the stadium by fireworks, purple lights on the Claw & brownies with increasingly carnal tendencies... is that about it?? :lol:

You also missed Charlie the Unicorn from the last thread.

:wave:

Am I the only one who loved Tutu's speech? :sad: Especially when it was still before Streets.

When all these people, work together as ONE!! ONE!! *streets intro*

I thought Bishop Tutu's speech ---> Streets worked very well. I prefer it to Amazing Grace --> Streets.

me! I love Bishop Tutu!

when you see him in an good interview you also see he has a good sense of humor !

The munchies.

brownies.gif

brownies.gif

:wave: Hi peeps! Work has been busy today, so I've just done a speed read of the last 10 pgs or so. Let's see, we have complaints already about what's being practiced & what isn't, new video/alternate video of rehearsals, suspected destruction of the stadium by fireworks, purple lights on the Claw & brownies with increasingly carnal tendencies... is that about it?? :lol:

this. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and :wave::wave: BlRm Girl

I wanted to see UV... I WANT to se Unknown Caller...

I hope this doesn't turn out into a Greatest Hits tour

Zoo TV was my first show, at Madison, Wisconsin. I went with my youngest aunt and one of my cousins, and we were super psyched. Our seats should have been great - first few rows of the stadium seats, directly back from the stage.

But no. Our view was blocked by a giant tee shirt stand on the field in front of us. So we watched the whole show on the screens. :grumpy:

Also, to be honest, the whole thing was kind of a blur. I don't remember much other than the woman smoking weed near us, and not being able to see.

I have vivid memories of the Zoo TV show in general, thanks to all the bootlegs, and I remember Bono muttering "shut the fuck up" during Unchained Melody because of microphone issues, but that's because I bought a bootleg cassette of the show later.

Woe.

So it was fantastic seeing them on Popmart later. I paid through the nose for a good seat with a friend, and had a great time. And mostly remember the show. :wink:

I don't think you guys wanna know how young I was during ZooTv... (I was born in '83...)

that's ok :giggle:

I may have my upset days about being 57 but I'd rather be 57 than not here at all!

and I stood for 13 hrs (after the 4 hrs in the morning on GA) from the rest of GA through the concert LAST YEAR and rocked out as hard as the 20 30 yrs old around me! :D

You also missed Charlie the Unicorn from the last thread.

:wave:

Thank God - I freakin' hate that shit! :grumpy: And when I do hear it, it gets stuck in my head & makes me feel like angry bees are in my brain. :angry:

Gotta' visit the in-laws tonight, so if I get back online this evening, it won't be until about 10:30 & it won't be for long. Have fun & save me some brownies! :D

Zoo TV was my first show, at Madison, Wisconsin. I went with my youngest aunt and one of my cousins, and we were super psyched. Our seats should have been great - first few rows of the stadium seats, directly back from the stage.

But no. Our view was blocked by a giant tee shirt stand on the field in front of us. So we watched the whole show on the screens. :grumpy:

Also, to be honest, the whole thing was kind of a blur. I don't remember much other than the woman smoking weed near us, and not being able to see.

I have vivid memories of the Zoo TV show in general, thanks to all the bootlegs, and I remember Bono muttering "shut the fuck up" during Unchained Melody because of microphone issues, but that's because I bought a bootleg cassette of the show later.

Woe.

So it was fantastic seeing them on Popmart later. I paid through the nose for a good seat with a friend, and had a great time. And mostly remember the show. :wink:

oh noooooo, cori!!! :sad: that sucks!

at least when we were 3/4 behind the stage Nassau Colesium (LI) for JT we were semi-close I drew sketches of them.

Zoo TV was my first show, at Madison, Wisconsin.
:up: I think we've compared notes before, but this was my 1st show, too. Flew into Green Bay where my BFF lived & we drove the 3hrs south to Madison - which was her 1st ever U2 show, also. :heart:

OK - I'm out of here for real now. Last minute work stuff before I can leave for dinner with the inlaws! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom