Toronto 1 Setlist Party, 9/16/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do the average Joes in the audience love it, most of us diehards do, too... and they keep performing it at an extremely high standard, night after night. So yeah, that song needs to be a keeper.

I'll celebrate the day it's dropped. The only reason I'm not totally bored by it is for the snippetry. But since the crowd goes off, I know it's going nowhere. Just does nothing for me, leaves no mark either good or bad, and it feels kind of awkward standing around while everybody else is jumping up and down.

Not only do the average Joes in the audience love it, most of us diehards do, too... and they keep performing it at an extremely high standard, night after night.
Indeed. Bono always seems to put a little extra effort into the song, frequently mixing in some venue-appropriate lyrics. Because of that, it's always one of the easiest songs to listen to on various bootlegs over and over again.

I'll celebrate the day it's dropped. The only reason I'm not totally bored by it is for the snippetry. But since the crowd goes off, I know it's going nowhere. Just does nothing for me, leaves no mark either good or bad, and it feels kind of awkward standing around while everybody else is jumping up and down.

then move a little . . . you just might like it :dance: :wink:

After seeing that at Chicago 1, I have to admit that it is really amazing for stadiums. Not my favorite song, but I really enjoyed it being played at Chicago 1, and singing the first verse with tens of thousands of others.

Exactly, Digitize.

When I first heard the intro, I was like, "eh", but then when we as a crowd sang to start it out, I really felt the emotion of it again.

QUOTE=lauramullen;6390408]It is great to live on the east coast. A lot of cities are within driving distance

Or in South Alabama. Atlanta is the closest to me, about 5 or 6 hundred miles. :sad:[/QUOTE]

The only down side to living on the east coast and having all these shows near you is getting the time off from work and being able to afford taking the time off from work. The shows are always in the same week and they even go into the following week. I had that problem on the 3rd leg of Vertigo. I couldn't take time off from work to go to the like 15 shows I could have went to.

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Elevation

burger while we wait for audio??

canada-largest-burger.jpg

:lol:

With the song catalog that U2 has, wouldn't it be better for the band to switch it up nightly instead of playing the same damn set everynight? I love U2, my favorite band, but I also enjoy a lot of other bands who keep it fresh by changing the set from night to night...also keeps the audience on their toes. I feel like I know what they are going to play everynight. These setlist parties could be identical every night, just change the date and the city. Just my opinion. I saw Chicago 1 live and felt I may get some suprises, but was let down.

audience participation...

Exactly, Digitize.

When I first heard the intro, I was like, "eh", but then when we as a crowd sang to start it out, I really felt the emotion of it again.

I thought the same. I think Bono sensed or thought the crowd was doing rather well with it and let the crowd sing a while....I think for a while the crowd volume was equal to Bono.....

Yeah, it sounds great. SBS as well. I only got the dead horse impression with WOWY.

I know a lot of us like to roll our eyes at One, but I actually really enjoyed the 360 performance. And, to a lesser degree, I had low expectations for WOWY and I felt it was better than I expected. Still not amazing, but not awful.

Brrr...just took my dog for a walk 45 minutes North of Boston.
Weather forecast for Sun/Mon is Highs 70s/Lows 45s
So that really sucks for people waiting in the heat than it drops like a hoo...time to get sick. Bring a jacket. Even if it won't feel like you need one when you leave that day.

The mystery snippet for Beautiful Day Sat/Sun was Wilco's Far, Far Away which I thought I heard via the Mike "broadcast" but I thought I was imagining it. Wilco is my other favorite band and actually made me go out to Chicago in 2006 for their Thanksgiving weekend shows.

I'll be keeping an eye on these Toronto setlists to see what to expect in Foxboro. Still on the fence about doing both nights. I'd prefer Night 2 if it repeats Chi 2.

I know a lot of us like to roll our eyes at One, but I actually really enjoyed the 360 performance. And, to a lesser degree, I had low expectations for WOWY and I felt it was better than I expected. Still not amazing, but not awful.

I absolutely love One and WOWY as songs, so I enjoyed the fact that they were simply being played to some degree, at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom