Torino Setlist Party Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Twitter.

/notthatyoucare

:lol: I do a lot of times, too. But I find myself strangely addicted to it other times, especially for in-the-moment info. I refuse to follow a million celebrities, though, because I just don't care about what they have to say about when they do their laundry, what movie they're watching, etc.

I also follow U2Start and U2Log.

Those pics Bonocomet posted are from Getty Images and you have to go to their site to get them.

I follow so many now, it's not even funny. My Twitter feed is over-run with U2 fans/sites. :applaud:

And that Getty Images link has SO many good pics. :drool::drool::drool:
I want Adam's new shoes! Sexy boots, baby!

I was actually tempted to log into my very-little-used account for a setlist party. Maybe I'll try it for one of them.

I also follow U2Start and U2Log.

Those pics Bonocomet posted are from Getty Images and you have to go to their site to get them.

Thanks. I don't know why I thought someone implied they had the pics on a twitter feed or something. Thanks!

Is it just me or is North Star an AMAZING song. so beautiful, incredible that they can write so much consistent music from the beginning of their career till now. incredible!

I agree. I think it has potential to be huge.

You know how Bono sings "I'm just trying to find a decent melody..." Well, this is a decent melody. Simple, but pure...and awesome.

OMG :faint: ok I just caught up to everything..and can I say WOW!!! looks like I missed an awesome show! :cry:
North Star!! :drool:
Glastonbury :drool::drool:
HMTMKMKM..:cute: Bono is fine baby!!! lol he makes me laugh so much when he swings from that mic..and I was so happy to actually see him swinging from the mic! :heart:
All and all I wish I could have given up work today to be here to live this epic show! :applaud:: But I'm thrilled U2 are back in great form, and they seemed to be quite pleased themselves!
YAY!! can't wait for the next show!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Ha, I use twitter, just to follow U2 stuff and a few celebs, politicians and writers. Not that many - my list is at a very manageable level. I was out all day and when I got home, I had 400 tweets waiting for me. :lol:

I'm going to bed. Thank you all for a great day! I can't wait till Tuesday for Frankfurt.

This definitely was a great show!

They were elated to be back together and playing for the audience, and Bono definitely impressed me by moving around like nothing ever happened!

I know I will get accused of being a selfish jerk by some in these parts, but I am doing nothing of the sorts. I am just pointing out what many here have already pointed out.

-ATYCLB songs in no way fit stadiums.

-ATYCLB, though a GREAT album, does not hold up to previous works like War, UF, JT and AB. The others are just better, most here would agree.

-ATYCLB, from a perception sense, is no newer and is no less relying on the back catalog than playing an equivalent amount of songs from any album before it. All that matters from a "lets prevent the nostalgia label" standpoint is that U2 are playing 6 new songs. I advocate 2 from HTDAAB and 2 from ATYCLB, plus I add NLOTH(the track) into the mix to give us 11 2000s songs. Anyone still want to tell me I am asking U2 to rely on their back catalogue????

All I am saying is that it baffles the hell out of me why U2 relies on an album that is not new and in no way fits the stadium spectacle that is the 360 tour. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't even have to make any subjective judgement about ATYCLB's quality to conclude what I just concluded.

So I present, not a radical wish list or an unrealistic makeover, but a nice little tweaking of the opening night set that would have improved it by leaps and bounds!

I am going to present tonight's set list with my changes in red. See how little red you observe ;)

(Stingray Guitar Intro) -I don't count it as a set list slot, U2 does.

1.)Beautiful Day
2.)Magnificent
3.)Get On Your Boots
4.)Mysterious Ways
5.)Still Haven't Found
6.)North Star
7.)Glastonbury
8.)No Line On The Horizon -Swap for Elevation.
9.)In A Little While
10.)Miss Sarajevo
11.)Until The End of The World
12.)The Unforgettable Fire
13.)City of Blinding Lights
14.)Vertigo
15.)Crazy Remix/Discotheque
16.)Sunday Bloody Sunday
17.)MLK/An Sun Sui Kyi Bono speech and video tribute
18.)Bad -replaces Walk On
-------------------Tutu Video-------------------------------------------------
19.)One/Amazing Grace
20.)Where The Streets Have No Name
---------------------Encore---------------------------------------------------
21.)Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22.)Out of Control -An addition I get by not counting intro.
23.)With or Without You
24.)Moment of Surrender

Comments

-There seems to be an emerging consensus here that NLOTH is really missed. I brought that one back. Plus, it always worked. It should be the first NLOTH song added back. Breathe is a great live track, U2 should bring it back when they find a home for it besides opening. UC was a nice effort, glad they did it, but a sad bathroom break. I would count this one as not going down well live.

-Swapping Elevation, which most agree needs to go, seems like a fair price to pay for getting NLOTH back. Slot 8 in the Set list was right around where it settled at the end of the last leg, and it worked very well.

-Leaving Miss Sarajevo is not a commentary on how I want the rest of the tour to go, just making an alternate 8/6 set.

-Dropping Walk On for Bad, along with the aforementioned dropping of Elevation, makes room for the return of a U2 live classic that everyone loves and cuts the ATYCLB dose down to a very reasonable 2.

-Adding in Out of Control in the encore, to go alongside Bad,TUF, MLK and JT big 3 in the main set, gives 80s live classics-from the entire decade- a decent level of representation for the 1st time on 360!!!!

Plus, Out Of Control is just full of energy and will kick your ass, rest assured!

So, over 3 and a half hours later, I finally made it up to my Mom's. Anywho, the videos are :drool: Bono is :combust: Hot damn the man looks good in leather. Edge looks good in bedazzled plaid and Adam looks good in white. Oh and that new bass.... :drool:

The HMTMETC video is incredible, like OMG. I've already played my MP3 of Glasto 4 times in the past 20 minutes. I love that song so very much.

the fly is defenetly back, listen at the start of streets he sey'' kiss the future, fuck the past''

:wave:

So since they cut NLOTH out, is Bono just playing guitar on One now? I ask because he hasn't played much guitar lately and Walk On sounds kinda bare with just one guitar.

Bono is sounding great again and the most important thing he is still moving around great.

And both the new songs sound great, but am i correct that North Star is a left over from the HTDAAB sessions or did they just name this song that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom