Sydney Setlist Party Night 2 14 December 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:heart: magic, pure and simple :heart:

I really did not think that Sydney 1 could be topped on the goosebump factor but last night they did it again :heart:

I don't even know where to start ( and as I look at the clock, I don't think I can . . . work beckons :sad:)

I will say that the highlight of the red zone, of being that close, was actually seeing the pure joy on the faces of the band as they played ~ they just look like they are having the time of their lives and it is magnified, amplified and turned into something that is palpable ~ you.can.feel.it and it can't help but raise you up :heart:

All I Want Is You ~ I nearly died of happiness ~ could not speak, could not move I was so stunned that they played it at all; tears. of. joy :love:

(I guess there is some benefit to being out of the loop as far as what has been sounchecked etc after all :giggle:)

It was just gorgeous and then Love Rescue Me was spine tinglingly fabulous as well ~ just beautiful ~ and it was touching to see Bono egg the others on, because I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be the full song.

I have even come around to Walk On :)shh:) ~ last night it was just glorious; the power and the passion that that man has oozing out of him during that song, guh

I can't wait to read some more reviews, collect my own thoughts, find my photos (not that there are many ~ camera failures that I will not speak of just yet, grrrr) and just come down from the enormous cloud of happiness that is going to envelop me for just a wee bit yet.

so much love for this band, so much :hug:

toodles lovelies ~ catch you soon and to Perth people ~ you lucky lucky b:censored:s :hug:

Have simply loved these shows.

We got Stingray, Mercy, North Star. 3 brand new songs.

We got Scarlet, Love Rescue Me. 2 very rare songs. Scarlet never played ever before!

We got Ultraviolet and a massively emotional Bad. Two of my favourite songs.

We got 'shine like stars' in One.

We got the ever so lovely Amazing Grace.

So many highlights. Just need an ATYCLB hater to come in now and poo-poo the whole thing. :doh:

U2 are on fire at the moment. Sounding so tight it is hard to believe.

The 360 tour sound system is amazing. The best stadium sound I've ever heard. Loud but clear. And the endings to the big songs, e.g. Elevation & Vertigo, is off the richter scale.

Good crowds on the whole. Brisbane were a bit off. But Sydney and Melbourne were amazing. I am proud of the Aussies. Hope the Perth people continue the tradition.

Jay Z was a surprise. I liked his set!

This!!

I think jawdropping is appropriate here. 2010 is officially awesome.

And This!!

2010 360 OWNS 2009 360.

TUF and NLOTH being dropped are still major disappointments of mine, but they have, have, have to be weighed against and easily off set by what AndrewCowley said above!

Bad, I Will Follow, Mercy, North Star, AIWIY, LRM, Hold Me, Ultraviolet, great performances of One and WOWY U2 is absolutely on fire in 2010 and I think the "magical" quality that I felt missing from 2009 has returned!

:applaud:

Oh and I had a very quick chance meeting with Dallas at the back of the stage (I know this isn't a big deal for most of you probably as you probably meet the crew/band a lot at shows, but it is for me :wink:) and then he came back and gave me a pick, couldn't believe it. Made my night anyway, and that was before the show began! :wave:

That's pretty cool mrnathan :)

Meh, from a raw setlist comparison, I still like 2009 better. The new intro does nothing for me, I loved Space Oddity->Kingdom->Breathe, I miss all of the No Line songs, I wish UV was every night, TUF was epic, YBR was incredible, R&H is my least favorite U2 album, I'm disappointed by the new Mercy, I don't like Glastonbury, I wish North Star wasn't stripped down (though I love EBW even in its stripped down form, and BFFTS is awesome), and I just feel like the show made a lot more sense in 2009.

Before I'm attacked by the angry mobs for saying this, full disclaimer: I fully realize that I saw shows in 2009 and not 2010, and that could be influencing my preference. Oh, and I also realize that this is based nearly entirely on my personal song preferences.

Debbie Downer :wink:

Awesome PR!!!! And LRM! I'm so old I saw it live the first time :lol:

Can't wait for Perth. I've already told my friend we are trawling the bars of Perth Sat and Sun night.... :shifty:

Those versions of Bad are the best since Zoo TV. All I Want Is You and Love Rescue Me are beautiful too. Please bring back more of these surprises U2.

Meh, from a raw setlist comparison, I still like 2009 better. The new intro does nothing for me, I loved Space Oddity->Kingdom->Breathe, I miss all of the No Line songs, I wish UV was every night, TUF was epic, YBR was incredible, R&H is my least favorite U2 album, I'm disappointed by the new Mercy, I don't like Glastonbury, I wish North Star wasn't stripped down (though I love EBW even in its stripped down form, and BFFTS is awesome), and I just feel like the show made a lot more sense in 2009.

Before I'm attacked by the angry mobs for saying this, full disclaimer: I fully realize that I saw shows in 2009 and not 2010, and that could be influencing my preference. Oh, and I also realize that this is based nearly entirely on my personal song preferences.

i'm with you on the no line songs, specifically breathe and unknown caller. i could go without NLOTH in the format they played it.

space oddity -> stingray
is better than
space oddity -> kingdom

BUT

space oddity -> kingdom -> breathe
is better than
space oddity -> stingray -> beautiful day

ybr was incredible, but it was only played in a handful of shows. it's like the mercy, northstar, glastonbury (which i don't like much either), every breaking wave of this year.

hmtmdhmefkmsfkkm kicks so much ass, for you to say you would want to see uv every night makes me want to club a baby lamb

i'm with you on the no line songs, specifically breathe and unknown caller. i could go without NLOTH in the format they played it.

space oddity -> stingray
is better than
space oddity -> kingdom

BUT

space oddity -> kingdom -> breathe
is better than
space oddity -> stingray -> beautiful day

ybr was incredible, but it was only played in a handful of shows. it's like the mercy, northstar, glastonbury (which i don't like much either), every breaking wave of this year.

hmtmdhmefkmsfkkm kicks so much ass, for you to say you would want to see uv every night makes me want to club a baby lamb

Agreed though I would replace Unknown Caller with NLOTH. I think a great opener would be Space Oddity - Stingray - Boots.

Having seen shows in '09 and '10 I think '10 was better. Bono sounded better, BATMAN!!!!, Mercy :faint: live and I got Bad (with bonus!AIWIY snippet). I'm really looking forward to '11. :D

Its actually kind of nice to see U2 struggling with a song a bit too, instead of the uber-polished versions they usually give us.

Meh, Ultraviolet is my favorite song in the world, and I'm not a huge fan of rockers in general.

Its actually kind of nice to see U2 struggling with a song a bit too, instead of the uber-polished versions they usually give us.

Yes, perhaps not exactly 'struggling' but less polished for sure. Enjoyed seeing them huddle in closer together to enable a lot more eye contact with each other. Could really sense their bond with each other and the crowd. Was the most incredibly intimate part of the night for me :heart:

Back
Top Bottom