Sydney Setlist Party Night 1 13 December 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The security running the GA line were incompetent fools. They refused to work with the fan allocated numbering. They let everyone rush through to the turnstyles in a huge mass and it was ugly. Lots of pushing and shoving. All they had to do was get their heads out of their arses and see what was done in Melbourne and Brisbane for the proper way of doing it. For staters, the line up was way too wide (probably 15-20 people across) and that alone is a recipe for disaster. Make it narrower and all of a sudden you can better control the flow of people out of the line up and into the turnstyles. Idiots.

what was up with the two GA lines on different ends of the stadium?

More Bad, eh? :hmm: :up:

3fk6jk

h3divmj:iphone

h0bkbtj:iphone

h2bbogij:iphone

h4emkqj:iphone

imagefromurl

Stuck in a Moment? Really?

Best version of Bad I've heard in a long time. Bono gives it all, especially towards the end. :heart:

Bad should be mandatory live at every single show.
In cities with multiple shows, play it every night and rotate lesser songs.
Drop Miss Sarajevo or In a little while if you need to make room in the setlist.

I'm taking a friend to the Pittsburgh show next year, and he's a U2 virgin, a "casual fan" whom I'm hoping to convert. Playing a powerful version of Bad like that will definitely help my case.

Hey Andrew, which GA gate did you have for Sydney 1, gate F or gate K? My sister's doing GA tonight, so it'd be nice to try to steer clear of the security staff you encountered. Though the other gate's probably no better. Hopefully security have learnt from there mistakes, & things will improve tonight.

B:heart:d

damn, had tears in my eyes ~ it was just magnificent ~ the rest of the crowd just melted away the moment those opening strains played and I truly felt like there was not another place on the planet that I would rather be ~ just the sensory memory of it is making me goofygirlgrin

even walk on and IALW covered me in happiness ~ who woulda thunk it huh? :giggle:

crowd was magnificent ~ standing from the minute the band began the slow walk to the stage :heart:

I bounced like a fruitcake to Elevation and Streets and every other song in between and thought of you all :hug:

before Moment of Surrender Bono seemed genuinely flawed by the crowds reaction and for a fleeting fleeting moment I thought we might get 40 :reject: :giggle:

even more excited for tonights show ~ rzone on edge's side ~ :heart:

off to be a grown up workey type person (how??? :lol: ) and will try and post any pics and song snippets in the coming days

and my hublet, after years of hearing me babble like a lunatic over this show, was absolutely floored ~ would not shut up the whole way home about how incredible the show was . . . :sexywink:

have a beautiful day my lovelies

:hug:

ps ~ jay z was, as everyone has promised, pretty damn good too :up: and my insides didn't shrivel when he did his thang over SBS :)

So happy for you purple, and all that went to the show, I'm just so damn jealous!!! :lol: you appeared to have a massively enthusiastic crowd but the fact you got do you hear us coming makes me soooo jealous. And from all reports it seems Bad has just doubled in amazingness since Melbourne. :rant: :lol:

What a band huh? 50 or so years old and still there's nothing like them on the planet. :heart:

B:heart:d

damn, had tears in my eyes ~ it was just magnificent ~ the rest of the crowd just melted away the moment those opening strains played and I truly felt like there was not another place on the planet that I would rather be ~ just the sensory memory of it is making me goofygirlgrin

even walk on and IALW covered me in happiness ~ who woulda thunk it huh? :giggle:

crowd was magnificent ~ standing from the minute the band began the slow walk to the stage :heart:

I bounced like a fruitcake to Elevation and Streets and every other song in between and thought of you all :hug:

before Moment of Surrender Bono seemed genuinely flawed by the crowds reaction and for a fleeting fleeting moment I thought we might get 40 :reject: :giggle:

even more excited for tonights show ~ rzone on edge's side ~ :heart:

off to be a grown up workey type person (how??? :lol: ) and will try and post any pics and song snippets in the coming days

and my hublet, after years of hearing me babble like a lunatic over this show, was absolutely floored ~ would not shut up the whole way home about how incredible the show was . . . :sexywink:

have a beautiful day my lovelies

:hug:

ps ~ jay z was, as everyone has promised, pretty damn good too :up: and my insides didn't shrivel when he did his thang over SBS :)

bestest.review.evar

Hey Andrew, which GA gate did you have for Sydney 1, gate F or gate K? My sister's doing GA tonight, so it'd be nice to try to steer clear of the security staff you encountered. Though the other gate's probably no better. Hopefully security have learnt from there mistakes, & things will improve tonight.

I was at Gate F. Your ticket says which gate you should be at. The security will be the same at both gates most likely. Hopefully they have learnt and tonight will be different.

what was up with the two GA lines on different ends of the stadium?

Yes there was 2 different GA lines. That might be because the stadium is very large and there's a lot of GA people to come through. 2 GA lines doesn't bother me, so long as security have a logical approach to it. To totally dismiss the numbering system (numbers on hands, names in a book) is stupid since it gets everyone offside. And the line up was way too wide. Narrow it down to 3-5 people across and then the flow of people can be much better controlled. The chaos at the turnstyles was really bad. You seriously had to push and shove people to get through. A battle. If you were meek then you'd get pushed aside.

So happy for you PR! You really know how to express your feelings. Reading your review reminds me, how I felt right after my shows. No other band makes me feel like this.

And we were thinking of you during Streets, just check out the thread! :hug:

Try to keep you hublet away from the blue crack now, girl :ohmy:

One of the most amazing moments was when the crowd sung a whole verse of I still haven't found what Im looking for on its own...it was one amazing experience :D

Back
Top Bottom