Perth #2 setlist party 12-19-2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any videos of Desire yet? Reportedly done by the whole band, but was it laid back like Slane or full throttle like Lovetown/ZooTV?

Sounds like an incredible night in any case!!

I feel like this was a really fitting setlist to end the leg right before Christmas. Certainly not my ideal setlist, but great for the occasion.

Frrrrriiggggeeen heck! Gawd that was good. Fan-bloody-tastic! Amazing, amazing. Words fail me.

PS Hobby Tex are crayons that old grannies use to do hand made designs on their tshirts. I could have possibly been suggesting that Adams shirt looks like an old ladies shirt. :uhoh:

And Jay Z's towel! I have it!!!

It was very floral, wasn't it - the shirt, not Jay Z's towel :lol:

Hi Beli, my name's Anna. I was wearing a black floral dress (which I will probably now 'detail' with Hobby Tex' in honor of Adam)

I should change my profile pic but haven't figured it out yet.

Any videos of Desire yet? Reportedly done by the whole band, but was it laid back like Slane or full throttle like Lovetown/ZooTV?

Sounds like an incredible night in any case!!

Meh......great vocal performance but laid back busker style. Not being negative, this whole leg was incredible, but it doesn't matter how rarely its played nowadays, I was sick of laid back Desire halfway through Elevation.

YouTube - Desire. U2 360 Perth 2010

I just don't get what U2 is missing here! Played properly, it doesn't extend the show any longer and is one of their best and tightest straight ahead rock moments. Larry is the star of this song played full throttle, you'd think he'd demand more than lazily drumming the outline of the beat from the 1st verse on.

I should shut up, but they acknowledged Lovetown and gave Love Rescue Me a proper performance, what's wrong with Desire?

Elevation and Vertigo were better Desire versions musically, though Bono probably at his best post Zoo TV re: the song here...Edge should pick up the electric guitar again.

Perth #2 setlist 12-19-2010

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day
3. New Year's Day
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. All I Want Is You
11. Love Rescue Me
12. Desire
13. In A Little While
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. City Of Blinding Lights
16. Vertigo
17. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discotheque (snippet)
18. Sunday Bloody Sunday
19. Scarlet
20. Walk On
21. One
22. Where The Streets Have No Name / Singing In The Rain (snippet)
23. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
24. With Or Without You

They also included Relax snippet and You'll never walk alone after walk on. Oh, and Amazing Grace was in there as well.

A shout out to the couple next to me in Section 132 Row K (Adam's side - I saw him bounce during 2 songs :cute: ). They got engaged during One, she waved her ring at me during Streets while we were bouncing!!!!! :love:

blueeyedgirl said:
A shout out to the couple next to me in Section 132 Row K (Adam's side - I saw him bounce during 2 songs :cute: ). They got engaged during One, she waved her ring at me during Streets while we were bouncing!!!!! :love:

This is the best thing I've ever heard. :heart:

Proposing during a U2 concert is something I'd dream about.

Meh......great vocal performance but laid back busker style. Not being negative, this whole leg was incredible, but it doesn't matter how rarely its played nowadays, I was sick of laid back Desire halfway through Elevation.

YouTube - Desire. U2 360 Perth 2010

I just don't get what U2 is missing here! Played properly, it doesn't extend the show any longer and is one of their best and tightest straight ahead rock moments. Larry is the star of this song played full throttle, you'd think he'd demand more than lazily drumming the outline of the beat from the 1st verse on.

I should shut up, but they acknowledged Lovetown and gave Love Rescue Me a proper performance, what's wrong with Desire?

FOR LOVE OR MONEY :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom