Paris Setlist party 18-09-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:der: DUH I cut my post w/o knowing it for too long (signal trouble), then snoozed out foer a while! Luckily I copied it- so here's the Repaste of it!

Thanks for advice. I remember now, why I don't do GA. I was crushed at a Police show in 1983. I was a big fan and was up there at the stage. I almost couldn't breathe and it was hard to get out from there, which scared me. I quickly told everybody I had to throw up (wasn't true) and they all moved away :lol:

I found a great spot high up, and I've gone for that ever since.

How early do you show up to be at the outer rail, do you think?

:yikes: well THAT explains your big reluctence to try GA again! :hug:

My sis &, friends and I almost were lifted off out feet trying to get into a concert once so yeah....i understand!

hope you see this! I had to leave and didn't catch this post before i did .

Well... I'm not sure --it could be overnight?
Uh... in New Jersey 2009/ Old Giants Stadium - they ONLY Opened the Gates for GA at 8AM.

I got there at ?8:45AM or so ( bus screw up) and was ?165 on line.

My AIM was to be about half-way between Bono & The Edge Outer Rail if you were to invisibly extend a line outwards from where they were more or less standing in a general way on the center stage from front audiernce's view - Edge left/ Bono
center/ Adam right.

When I got on to the floor of the stadium and was running towards the Stgae> Center & Center Right were already filled up! Luckily for me - people had NOT TOTALLY Filled up the Center Left section. So where i landed at the Oute Rail by the people most leftward at that point it was pretty close to where I had hoped to be! :D

But tyhe 2 different factors you might face that I didn't are:
1> the stadium might allow over-night GA line -up

2> deepending who you want to be closesty to visually-- that side may be filled up quicker than the other.
If i had wanted to be between Bono & Adam -- i would have not been able to do so at my particular show IF i wanted to be right at the outer rail.

So there are variables you have to contend with! Beleive me - see a friend here got me a tix (I paid her back later) because she had been to GA a few times already, and saw how bad my luck had been in seeing U2 up close in concert ,VS not seeing them at all ( which I & friends have over 25 yrs)---- I was SOOOOOO Nervous about would I get a good spot, would I get there in time, could I run fast enough :blahblah: ........ so just know you might be nervous and that's that! :lol: east to say... but i was very excited and very nervous till i got where I wanted to be.

I hopr that is detailed yet clear enough for you! :)

U2start Bono introduced the band in French, Larry didn't understand his. Bono: "I'll explain later". Also, someone cried during Walk On...

Hm, I would love to see that, but I cannot seem to find a video of ISHFWILF from Paris. Also, did Bono cry during Walk On? I also heard he did in Zurich, but I wouldn't read too much into those comments because Bono is a good actor.

And yes, IWF has a tremendous amount of energy. People went nuts in Munich and the performance blew us away :)

:wink: Nice teleprompter Bono. Clearly see him look at it at 49 seconds. While I do not doubt that he speaks French quite well, it's nice to see some things never change..

:lol: Luis pasteur de rock and roll.

I'm pretty sure Bono has a legitimate knowledge of French, but the prompter probably helps.

What did Bono say about Larry?

A la batterie, notre beau gosse, monsieur Egalité...

or something to that effect,
on the drums, our handsome bloke, mister equality (don't know where this reference comes from though)

funny how he says I'll explain later and then adds, it's all good (as if he'd say something bad about Larry behind his back lol) --> well, not behind his back really :lol: but in front :wink:

monsieur Egalite - must be from France's "liberte, fraternite, egalite" ideal...

was a sweet moment, Larry burst out laughing lol!

B introduced Adam as "le renard d'argent" (silver fox lol), and The Edge as the "Louis Pasteur of the guitar", and himself as "the humble Hunchback of Notre Dame" lmfao

all in French i hasten to add - i thought his French was lovely! :heart:

monsieur Egalite - must be from France's "liberte, fraternite, egalite" ideal...

was a sweet moment, Larry burst out laughing lol!

B introduced Adam as "le renard d'argent" (silver fox lol), and The Edge as the "Louis Pasteur of the guitar", and himself as "the humble Hunchback of Notre Dame" lmfao

all in French i hasten to add - i thought his French was lovely! :heart:

Video clip???? :hyper: I must hear French being spoken with that loverly Irish brogue. :combust: :drool:

ETA: NM - just saw the ISHFWILF video. :ohmy: That was good for at least two more little Bandlings. :censored: :faint:

:der: DUH I cut my post w/o knowing it for too long (signal trouble), then snoozed out foer a while! Luckily I copied it- so here's the Repaste of it!

:yikes: well THAT explains your big reluctence to try GA again! :hug:

My sis &, friends and I almost were lifted off out feet trying to get into a concert once so yeah....i understand!

hope you see this! I had to leave and didn't catch this post before i did .

Well... I'm not sure --it could be overnight?
Uh... in New Jersey 2009/ Old Giants Stadium - they ONLY Opened the Gates for GA at 8AM.

I got there at ?8:45AM or so ( bus screw up) and was ?165 on line.

My AIM was to be about half-way between Bono & The Edge Outer Rail if you were to invisibly extend a line outwards from where they were more or less standing in a general way on the center stage from front audiernce's view - Edge left/ Bono
center/ Adam right.

When I got on to the floor of the stadium and was running towards the Stgae> Center & Center Right were already filled up! Luckily for me - people had NOT TOTALLY Filled up the Center Left section. So where i landed at the Oute Rail by the people most leftward at that point it was pretty close to where I had hoped to be! :D

But tyhe 2 different factors you might face that I didn't are:
1> the stadium might allow over-night GA line -up

2> deepending who you want to be closesty to visually-- that side may be filled up quicker than the other.
If i had wanted to be between Bono & Adam -- i would have not been able to do so at my particular show IF i wanted to be right at the outer rail.

So there are variables you have to contend with! Beleive me - see a friend here got me a tix (I paid her back later) because she had been to GA a few times already, and saw how bad my luck had been in seeing U2 up close in concert ,VS not seeing them at all ( which I & friends have over 25 yrs)---- I was SOOOOOO Nervous about would I get a good spot, would I get there in time, could I run fast enough :blahblah: ........ so just know you might be nervous and that's that! :lol: east to say... but i was very excited and very nervous till i got where I wanted to be.

I hopr that is detailed yet clear enough for you! :)

I've been offline for a few days and didn't see this!

Thank you, dazzled, for the detailed advice. I have copied and pasted it for a file on my computer. Maybe I'll go for GA next time and don't want to forget this :hyper:

See you next setlist party? :hug:

After reading mama cass' post, I'm pretty sure he calls Adam 'liberte' also and the Edge 'fraternite'.

I love these themes :D

Hollywood actors in Rosebowl, politicians in Washington, the greek Gods in Athens and now this! :applaud:

Are there more from other concerts? I'm a collector of these now :cute:

After reading mama cass' post, I'm pretty sure he calls Adam 'liberte' also and the Edge 'fraternite'.

I love these themes :D

Hollywood actors in Rosebowl, politicians in Washington, the greek Gods in Athens and now this! :applaud:

Are there more from other concerts? I'm a collector of these now :cute:

Oh I think there are lots aren't there? Don't forget beers in Germany, and Vegas show stars in Vegas. :hmm:

Bono = Wayne Newton
Larry = Elvis
Edge = David Copperfield
Adam = Bette Midler

:lol:

Oh I think there are lots aren't there? Don't forget beers in Germany, and Vegas show stars in Vegas. :hmm:

Bono = Wayne Newton
Larry = Elvis
Edge = David Copperfield
Adam = Bette Midler

OMG, I've been deaf and blind :reject:

I'll have to check out Youtube now to see all versions of ISHFWILF!

Adam = Bette Midler

:D I was also thinking about making a list of them from every show. :hmm: We should do it, is it too U2nerdy you think? :nerd:

It probably IS too U2nerdy, but who cares :wink:

As long as it makes it easy to find them and get a good laugh. I have to go to bed now... 3 AM here :ohmy:... I'm a hopeless case!

But couldn't help looking for the the one with the beers, and found the Frankfurt show, where Bono was talking about experiments instead :lol:

You were right, there a lots of them out there :up:

I'm listening to the Paris boot at work today. How great is that Get up Stand up piece in SBS with the audience singing along and Bono referencing current French politics? :up:

Back
Top Bottom