Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elbow did a really good cover of "Running to Stand Still". Excited for Snow Patrol and Muse. I love Starlight and Hysteria and a couple others. Time is Running Out

SMB

Support acts for Wembley

Does anyone know who the support act/s will be for the Wembley gigs? I know about Kaiser Chiefs and Glasvegas for the Dublin concerts, as they have already been announced, but I haven't seen support acts confirmed for the UK gigs. Muse would be great, but I think they'll just support in the US. The London concerts also tend to have more than 1 support act going on previous experience.

^Lookie here mister.. i can do it any way i wantz to.. :madspit:

besidez starlight is BORING.. PFFT...

I'll give ya Knights tho.. (seriously if they don't like that song..they gotz a screw loose).

iz thiz how i getz treated cuz i can't hang in da bar anymorez..:angry:

I'm just trying to help is all :shrug:

ETA: Starlight is pretty though, you have to admit that... To someone who doesn't know much about Muse, SS (which is awesome, I agree) will probably turn them off and make them dismiss them as just another loud rock band.

I'm just trying to help is all :shrug:

ETA: Starlight is pretty though, you have to admit that... To someone who doesn't know much about Muse, SS (which is awesome, I agree) will probably turn them off and make them dismiss them as just another loud rock band.

Agreed. Starlight is a great introduction song for U2 fans who don't know Muse.

But, as far as Muse live...BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES!!!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Mark

I've said this before but I love your AV, I bought S3 on DVD the other day and I was watching it last night :drool:

I haven't said this specifically, but Gob Bluth is perhaps the funniest TV character ever. I love Will Arnett.

But yes, The Venture Bros. is the smartest, funniest television show ever created or that will ever be created. The only reason it beats Arrested Development is that it is still being produced.

Mark---BTW I have Brock's exact shirt from my avatar. Now all I need are some green pants and a blonde mullet wig. The muscles I'm working on.:wink:

hmmm... boring? Wembley was cool but how bout this?

YouTube - Muse - Stockholm Syndrome (live @ glasto 2004)

one of the best performances of SS I have seen.

and one of my fav songs

YouTube - muse- new born

Jesus what a bunch of noise, sorry. :down:

The first one has that signature 'singer barely intelligible behind a wall of incoherent noise' flavour of so many bands nowadays.

The second one just feels ridiculous imo. Bad musical masturbation. As opposed to good musical masturbation, like, say Genesis. :wink:

Amy, you're going about this the wrong way, if you want to interest U2 fans in Muse you should be showing them this:

YouTube - Muse - Starlight (Haarp) HQ

And if you don't like this song then there is something wrong with you:

YouTube - Knights Of Cydonia: Live At Wembley Stadium 2007

Interesting study in contrast...first song I know and like, of course it sounds like bands I like so.... The second one sounds like modern day 70s cock rock / hair metal.

If I heard these two songs on the radio back to back I'd never guess they are by the same artist, that's hilarious!

Did you like the second song though? There is something so bombastically awesome about it that really appeals to me, it's a great song to drive to.

Unfortunately, I'm not drunk this early in the morning so no. However, if they close with it after I've had 4 or more beers, I might be boppin along, yes. It just feels fairly typical cockrock. I guess there's nothing new under the sun, after all. 'Cept U2, of course. :lol:

I can imagine you flying down the DVP with the windows rolled down and this cranked, however. And then of course those lovely red and blue lights flashing in your rearview ;)

:wink:

So are the bands confirmed for any dates in the UK yet?

Id LOVE to get Muse at my show, though its not gonna be likely.
Yes, Elbow have been confirmed for Wembley1, Glasvegas for Wembley2. Muse are starting their tour in AUTUMN which counts out the UK.

Did you like the second song though? There is something so bombastically awesome about it that really appeals to me, it's a great song to drive to.

I love Muse, they ARE bombastically awesome, and I am absolutely thrilled that they are opening at Giants Stadium, but even I am not fond of Knights of Cydonia. :shifty: I am really hoping they do Bliss, that is one of my favorites, and one that they didn't play when I saw them at MSG in '07!

Brilliant band, always thought of them as the heavier and rockier version of Radiohead, if Radiohead had continued releasing stuff like The Bends.

Those clips are the most audible and do not do the band justice at all. I went to their concert at the new Wembley and it was one of the best shows I have been to, only U2 have bettered them.

Jesus what a bunch of noise, sorry. :down:

The first one has that signature 'singer barely intelligible behind a wall of incoherent noise' flavour of so many bands nowadays.

The second one just feels ridiculous imo. Bad musical masturbation. As opposed to good musical masturbation, like, say Genesis. :wink:

You and I are done professionally. :down:

I love Muse, they ARE bombastically awesome, and I am absolutely thrilled that they are opening at Giants Stadium, but even I am not fond of Knights of Cydonia. :shifty: I am really hoping they do Bliss, that is one of my favorites, and one that they didn't play when I saw them at MSG in '07!

Bliss is a super fav of mine too. I would love to see that at the NY show.:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom