Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldplay
RHCP
Franz
PJ Harvey
Kings of Leon
Kanye
Rage Against the Machine
Bjork
Nelly Furtado
No Doubt
BB King
Pretenders
REM(1985?)
Los Lobos
Kraftwerk
Pearl Jam(1993)
Pixies

..and many, many more!!!

and there's many more who aren't around so much anymore.
No Doubt and the Pixies broke up shortly after opening for them.
Then there's:
Smashmouth
Garbage
Public Enemy
Gavin Rossdale's not so great band
Big Audio Dynamite
Pylon

Surely there's a U2 nerd (I say that lovingly!) somewhere that's compiled a list of all the bands that have opened for them over the years. We've got stats on almost everything else...

No Doubt and the Pixies broke up shortly after opening for them.
Garbage

Before their hiatus, Pixes played some of their final shows together opening for U2.

Garbage playing 2001 and went on hiatus in late 2005. Very artistically successfully band.

No Doubt went onto a very successfuly 2002 tour and album. Toured amphitheaters and went on hiatus in 2003-4.

Elbow is my favorite band not named U2, and to see them on the same ticket would probably be heartstopping. I don't know what city they'll be opening for them, but I'm saving money for the plane ticket now (and the concert ticket too). That would be the concert to end all concerts for me.

If anyone has not heart Elbow, they've made 4 great albums now (not one as someone implied earlier). Leaders of the Free World, their third album, is IMO the best album made in this decade.

Really pisses me off when U2 does stupid shit like have the Black Eyed Peas open for them.......why oh why?

I am completely stoked that Glasvegas will be opening for some of the euro dates, they are by far my favorite new band in the past ten years.

Fans will love them, lots of U2 influence there (some of the interludes between songs on their new record sound exactly like the Edge guitar parts between RTSS and Streets during ZooTV... sorry for the obscure ref :reject:)

I just hope we get to see Glasvegas and not snow petrol for 10 nights in a row.

Here's a good videoclip I shot of Glasvegas when they played a tiny club here in San Francisco a couple of months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpGj8khU3HA&fmt=18

I don't mind the Black Eyed Peas that much, and I can understand Bono wanting them there since will.i.am helped out with the album, but I do agree that it's kind of a...strange choice. Though not as bad as Kanye West last year, imo.

I think the Black Eyed Peas opened for the Rolling Stones a few years/tours back. From what I read it didn't go very well for them.

I just can't picture a bunch of "rock n roll" fans hearing :

LETS GET IT STARTED IN HERE!!!!!

are you forgeting that Gavin Rossdale opened with his new band on Vertigo tour? Black Eyed Peas actually sound good. Seriously hoping for Snow Patrol in NY or Boston.

I think the Black Eyed Peas opened for the Rolling Stones a few years/tours back. From what I read it didn't go very well for them.

I just can't picture a bunch of "rock n roll" fans hearing :

LETS GET IT STARTED IN HERE!!!!!

hm, for a RR crowd, how about..

LETS THROW BEER ONSTAGE HERE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom