Official: U2 in Turin for 2 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our good friends at U2Eastlink provided rehearsal setlists last year. Axver provided nice summaries of those setlists after they finished on U2Gigs. I have no idea if there are any Italian fansites that will be as awesome as Eastlink were.

Correct, though the last couple of nights of rehearsals, Matthias (i.e. my partner in crime on U2gigs) was reporting live too. He's hitting a large number of shows again this year, but not sure yet if he's arriving any earlier in Turin for rehearsals. My own commitments in Australia preclude me from travelling to Europe at all this year, let alone follow U2. I will, however, be aiming to keep up the same level of coverage as last year. The timezones are murderous, so no promises I'll be up every day ...!

Correct, though the last couple of nights of rehearsals, Matthias (i.e. my partner in crime on U2gigs) was reporting live too. He's hitting a large number of shows again this year, but not sure yet if he's arriving any earlier in Turin for rehearsals. My own commitments in Australia preclude me from travelling to Europe at all this year, let alone follow U2. I will, however, be aiming to keep up the same level of coverage as last year. The timezones are murderous, so no promises I'll be up every day ...!

You and Matt did a great job of corresponding last year, and Matt's videos were awesome. Thanks for all the effort you guys put in!

Italian fan site U2place report that U2 has booked the stadium for stage arrival/construction as of today (July 21), and they say the band could show up as early as Monday, July 26th, to start tour rehearsals.

:applaud::hyper::applaud:

just be real careful Bono.... hopefully his band mates ill keep a proper eye on him!

I loved being on early line for GA for the first time last year (been a fan since 80/81... concerts since 84), and hearing them go through the sound check!

Looking forward to the posts/stills/vids here!:applaud:
I loved the set-up/show/break down time lapse vid in the 360 double DVD. :up:

Well, here we go, my first proper 360 Tour report of the year: 360° Tour about to hit the road again - U2gigs.com

Summary: not much happening today, wait a few days for the stage to be set up and then we should be in business.

Thanks Ax, your site is a staple for me from when the dates are announced to when the shows are played. It's an amazing resource, all the swift updates are hugely appreciated.:love:

Don't want to be nip pick,but the last show was October 28th,not November.

Nitpick (or nip pick!) as much as you want. I'm notorious for typing November when I mean October or vice versa (I do it with June and July too).

how cool will it be if they play a new song or two. if they start rehearsing in a week, we may be hearing new material that soon. w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom