Norman Oklahoma u2 setlist watch party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i guess im going back to bed, thanks for the setlist updates, Goodnite Everyone, sleep well:)

Tonight's Setlist:

1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Beautiful Day/God Only Knows(Snippet)
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Stand By Me(Snippet)
7. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. Elevation
10. In A Little While
11. Unknown Caller
12. Until The End Of The World
13. The Unforgettable Fire
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Thank You(Falenttimne Be Mice Elf Agin)(Snippet)/I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. MLK
19. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone(Snippet)
<Desmond Tutu Speech>

Encores:

20. One/ Amazing Grace(Snippet)
21. Where The Streets Have No Name/ All You Need Is Love(Snippet)

22. Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment Of Surrender

:applaud:
In A Little While!
Unknown Caller!

So does anyone know if they had the astronauts sing the last part of IALW? Bono had asked them to do it when he called them from NASA.

^^
What James said...

Hio everone! Show just finished, in car sitting now. Quick notes: peas are not my cup of tea... But they rocked it. Crowd jumped as much for them as they did for u2. One of the longer shows I've seen, printed setlist we got a hand on had 24 songs, show was done at 11:13, so around 2:20-2:25. Intro to unknown caller was comically off. Sound was great, open air venues rule. Bono had everyone sit down then stand up and yell stand up! Before mos...

...I'll note that this one was a TRUE 360 show, and the difference shows. Everyone is so much closer when it's really in the middle. The chicago shows, as much as I liked both were more like end stage with seats behind them. Bono made a comment about 50,000 when he did the sit down, stand up part so I'll take his word that that's about how many showed up. I love the way the base hits you in the chest in GA by the stage. We just got back from a sushi bar about a half mile down from the stadium and one of the cooks said he could feel the bass in the kitchen from that far! Like I said, you got to love these open ended college stadium shows!

Wow, looks like a great show and one of the best sets in a while. I am so happy they brought UC back. Also, IALW and UTEOTW, just wow.

just got back from the Norman show. Wow. Unknown Caller returned and also In a little While. Both sounded great. This tour was made for the open air! Yes we did the sit down stand up thing, dont even remember why but it was kind of cool. The show was very special. Lots of planes and helicopters circling over the stadium during the show, fucking spectacular. I had a lot of friends with me along with the usual concert crew and all said, basicall, wow. Unreal. U2 forever!

...I'll note that this one was a TRUE 360 show, and the difference shows. Everyone is so much closer when it's really in the middle. The chicago shows, as much as I liked both were more like end stage with seats behind them. Bono made a comment about 50,000 when he did the sit down, stand up part so I'll take his word that that's about how many showed up. I love the way the base hits you in the chest in GA by the stage. We just got back from a sushi bar about a half mile down from the stadium and one of the cooks said he could feel the bass in the kitchen from that far! Like I said, you got to love these open ended college stadium shows!

I think I stopped in that sushi bar to use the bathroom after the show! :lol: Small world.

But that was a great show and I am so glad that I got to be there! I still get really excited just thinking about it.

^im still excited thinking about sundays show. Im sad that its over, i want to see more shows!! Do i really have to wait until next year? And thats if im lucky, i guess. Norman was really really special. People are going to talk about this for a long time. Today they started putting the new grass out on the field of the stadium, thanks to U2. Jerryworld had to raise the giant tv for u2, then we get new grass. Never heard of anything like this before. Guy on the radio the other day said "did you see that spaceship that landed on Owen Field the other night..." Just an awesome vibe. I cant wait for the DVD....in the meantime i will be dealing with post concert blues....and remembering that very special night like it was my first.

Back
Top Bottom