New Jersey Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3jsbnv6

I got wind of this and posted it to twitter ahead of showtime.

Was Bono really done by the end of the show?

The three theories/thoughts/comments we've heard are:

1) Bono was really struggling due to the heat

2) They ran out of time

3) 4U2Play said he had a source close to the band who said the plan was never to play all three, but they'd pick one of them, depending on how they felt at the end of MOS.

Now, I'm not going to the Pitt show anymore, unfortunately, so, I could live if they played Out Of Control and I missed it. I could even live if they did "40" and I missed it. But if they do Bad, and I don't see it..

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I knew that if they were going to play only one of those, it would be Out of Control because earlier in the night when Bono was reading the old Fastlane setlist, OOC got a big reaction from the audience and Bono definitely noticed that.

Bono had troubles in the middle of the show before Stay and Miss Sarajevo and he seemed subdued at he start of Batman but after the guy blew the smoke on him for 5 minutes non stop he seemed re energized.

I think the more plausible theory is they planned to play just one. However, it was just about midnight at the end of OOC so who knows.

Keep in mind they also kept Magnificent and The Fly, so they were already 2 songs over with OOC.

He changed his shirt at least 4-5 times. There was a point where he was lying on the outer ring on Adam's side for a minute or so. He looked exhausted most of the night, battling the heat. He was dripping from sweat. He left a puddle when he got up.

The weather sucked. It wasn't overly oppressive but I wasn't signing under concert lights running around, etc... I'm surprised they play 26 songs. If they played Bad/"40", this would have been a show for the ages. I think we're lucky we got OOC.

I didn't get to my car until 11:55/12:00.

And by the way, if you want a show to start out right you do: EBTTRT/Fly/MW/UTEOTW/IWF....

The three theories/thoughts/comments we've heard are:

1) Bono was really struggling due to the heat

2) They ran out of time

3) 4U2Play said he had a source close to the band who said the plan was never to play all three, but they'd pick one of them, depending on how they felt at the end of MOS.

They started Out of Control at about 11:52 according to my texts so I'd go with number 2 or 3

When they dropped in Magnificent I was trying to guess what they were going to drop for it, but they didn't drop anything and after Pride I was like holy shit this is epic..

He changed his shirt at least 4-5 times. There was a point where he was lying on the outer ring on Adam's side for a minute or so. He looked exhausted most of the night, battling the heat. He was dripping from sweat. He left a puddle when he got up.

The weather sucked. It wasn't overly oppressive but I wasn't signing under concert lights running around, etc... I'm surprised they play 26 songs. If they played Bad/"40", this would have been a show for the ages. I think we're lucky we got OOC.

He "fell down" at the end of Crazy Tonight like he usually does, but when he did it again during Sunday Bloody Sunday, I got really worried. You could see some of the security people making their way over to him because it honestly looked like he passed out.

And he kept changing into more long sleeved shirts. I don't know why he didn't just put on a t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom