Mexico City 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it's Wednesday. :lol:

Not expecting any major changes tonight, but it should be a great and loud show. Hope we get a fan feed tonight.

296293275.jpg

The stadium is filling up slowly. Remember, this is the first show but it was the last show to be announced. So the band will be playing to much less people tonight than they will on Saturday and Sunday. The atmosphere is electric though.

Does anybody know the political theme of this leg of the tour? You know how we've had the Omagh and 9/11 theme in Elevation, the anti-torture and "coexist" messages in Vertigo, the Iranian rebellion theme early in this tour, the Aung San Suu Kyi leg, etc. Does this one appear to have a distinct political theme?

The big cause still seems to be about Suu Kyi. I haven't really watched any SBS videos of the last few legs so I'm not sure if Bono is still yelling on about Radio Tehran or whatever. I'm not sure what else he would make a speech about, except maybe all the uprisings in the Middle East.

Hopefully a fan feed tonight. I doubt it, with the terrible phone coverage at the Estadio Azteca. Fingers crossed though.

Just minutes until Snow Patrol takes the stage. Many fans are stuck in lengthy traffic jams - imagine during the weekend shows!

why does everyone get snow patrol? i only get crap bands. Snow Patrol is easily the second best band on the planet. Jeez.

Evening all!

I didn't realize SP was opening tonight, and just as I read that they were, "Engines" came on random... sometimes I swear my computer can read my mind. :)

Muchos juevos! Grande scrrrraabbeee!

Foro Sol has much better acoustics than the Estadio Azteca. I guess that's why most international concerts are held there.

I honestly have never heard Snow Patrol's music...:reject: Maybe one song but that's it.

Snow Patrol rocks! I heard them in 2009 when they opened for U2 in Toronto..it was awesome!:drool:..I wish they were opening this year in Montreal :(

Snow Patrol rocks! I heard them in 2009 when they opened for U2 in Toronto..it was awesome!:drool:..I wish they were opening this year in Montreal :(

For all the times they've opened for U2, and all the U2 shows I go to, I have never gotten them as an opener either. But I went to their own concert several years ago - one of the few times I was a bit underwhelmed/disappointed in a show... :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom