London 2 Setlist Party & Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture1.png

:lol:

Good set, one of the better sets of the tour. Not great, though - I haven't seen any sets thus far on the tour that qualify as "great". I would be fine with totally static setlist if it was "great", but it's hard not to want more variety when they come close to "great" setlists but back away from them.

From all the reports and reviews it sounds like these were two basically flawless concerts without any major technical hiccups.

Maybe that's why there's less setlist variation than last tour - with a production of this size and complexity, so much could potentially go wrong, and if they stick to a tried and true setlist, they could easily play through and cover up technical flaws, but with a wildly varying setlist, they may not be able to.

Just a thought. :)

The shirt is hilarious. Someone should give it to Bono, in case he forgets the opening lyrics to Moment of Surrender at a show.

Maybe that's why there's less setlist variation than last tour - with a production of this size and complexity, so much could potentially go wrong, and if they stick to a tried and true setlist, they could easily play through and cover up technical flaws, but with a wildly varying setlist, they may not be able to.

Just a thought. :)

Interesting point. However, their is no need for anything technically different for DM than for ISHFWILF. Edge his preset...They can play with this thing as they please(the controlguys).

From neil_mccormick #U2. Well that was as great as any U2 show I've ever seen. They renew themselves again & again, from Mount Temple to the moon

Interesting point. However, their is no need for anything technically different for DM than for ISHFWILF. Edge his preset...They can play with this thing as they please(the controlguys).

I don't have all the answers obviously, I'm not in their heads, but I really do think it has to do with their need for shows to be flawless. They want to give the best performance possible to the people who are there (I.E. not to people reading along on a computer), and that they tend not to introduce songs into the setlist that they think might drag down the momentum, or till they feel the songs are perfected. I dunno.

I do admit that it's not nearly as interesting to follow along with the setlist parties this tour, but I know I'm going to have a great time when I see them live, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom