London 2 Setlist Party & Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God! the stage and screen will be heading to Glasgow now!!!!!

Only 3 more sleeps to go!!!!!

OMG just home after 16 hours at Wembley :ohmy: Well ya know what it's like when you are elipse'ing :cute:

Tonight's show ROCKED :rockon: I thought yesterday was good, albeit the sound wasn't THAT brilliant, but tonight, they opened the roof COMPLETELY and MY GOD :drool::drool:

Well my 360 is now over for this year :sad: Thanks to all the people (old and new) I have met the past 48 hours (feels more like a week I have been sitting outside and inside Wembley :huh:)

Wild :hug: :heart: :love: 48 hours of pure fun, filth and U2, what more can a girl ask for :shifty: Got some more Vids and pics tonight, that I will post up in the week!

HoooooW looooong til I get to sleep? Woops, sorry wen't all bongalese on ya there :lol:

?

Just got back. Superb show. Much better than last night.

I preferred Friday night but both were excellent shows, I just thought the guys were having more fun on Friday, but as I say both were great, roll on Hampden!

Cheers
Warby

Just got home, what a great show! I was up the front towards Edge's side of the main stage, so not a bad spot all in all :up:.

Just catching up on my twitter feed, and Neil McCormick had this to say about the show:

neil_mccormick#U2. Well that was as great as any U2 show I've ever seen. They renew themselves again & again, from Mount Temple to the moon

He seems like he's not that easily impressed usually, so it must have been a hell of a show.

Just back, what a fabulous night. The band were on top form and looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Just edged over Friday, the appearance of Bad at the end probably tipping that. :applaud:

some clips from the show as it was happening...

this is Ultraviolet Qik | Debbie Butler | Untitled

Just click on Debbie's name to see others (or below)

Plebans - where were you girls? Was everyone in GA tonight (Aardvark, Warby, cdparky,...)

Earlier Wild said:

Back of pit dead centre against the rail :drool::wink:

She hasn't said much since. Probably in a Bono-induced state of euphoria at the moment, and it'll take her a while to come down and regain the ability to speak. :wink:

Just back form the show, this was my 21st show and 3rd or the current tour ( Amsterdam 1 and last night) This was my 1st show outside of the inner circle I was about 20 meters in fromt of the mixing desk and. I have to say the sound is better at this postion and satge and visuals really were suberb. In the inncer circle you just cant apreciate, well because you just cant see it and being so close to the screen just doesnt work, draw back a bit and the creen is lovely and sharp. Anyone who just keeps going in the inner circle is really missing out on something special.
Tonights show was right up there with the best I have seen, something really happened tonight, like the Dublin 1 show. Bono said that he was told that one of Edges guitar pics had been emplanted in the foundation of the new Wembley (under the royal box) "so hes with you all the time." During bad Bono held his goal is soul green guitar and was crying at the end as he walked off. Not seen that before also it looked like he was going to see the "summer nights" version during wowoy BUT somehow the timinmg of the crowd with their singing took it away and Edges band finsihed off, Bono looked over to Edge at the time and the both laughed at each other. TOP show tonight, I have one more show to attend (Cardiff) and the decision has been made for me where to stand and thats out in the field to do it all again and take it all in...

Just back form the show, this was my 21st show and 3rd or the current tour ( Amsterdam and last night) This was my 1st show outside of the inner circle I was about 20 meters in fromt of the mixing desk and. I have to say the sound is better at this postion and satge and visuals really were suberb. In the inncer circle you just cant apreciate, well because you just cant see it and being so close to the screen just doesnt work, draw back a bit and the creen is lovely and sharp. Anyone he just keeps going in the inner circle is really missing out on something special.
Tonights show was right up there with the best I have seen, soemthing really happened tonight, like the Dublin 1 show. Bono said that he was told that one of Edges guitar pics had been enplanted in the foundation of the new Wembley (under the royal box) "so hes with you all the time." During bad Bono held his goal as soul green guitar and was cring at the end as he walked off. Not seen that before also it looked like he was going to see the "summer nights" version during wowoy BUT somehow the timinmg of the crowd with their singing took it away and Edges band finsihed off, Bono looked over to Edge at the time and the both laughed at each other. TOP show tonight, I have one more show to attend (Cardiff) and the decision has been made for me where to stand and thats out in the field to do it all again and take it all in...

Wow! Thanks for sharing! :love:

Now that folks was a dynamite setlist. Easily the best yet.

BTW, any version of Bad is awesome, but tonight's performance of it (on youtube now) was, IMHO, just utterly amazing and seemed really special somehow. I like what Bono was starting to play on his Gretsch near the beginning...

I heard Bono's snippet of 'A Day Without Me' in TUF. :lol: I love that song so much- one of my favorites off of Boy. But he put it in there so randomly! And you could tell he probably couldn't remember the second line. That's our Bono!! :doh:

Now that folks was a dynamite setlist. Easily the best yet.

BTW, any version of Bad is awesome, but tonight's performance of it (on youtube now) was, IMHO, just utterly amazing and seemed really special somehow. I like what Bono was starting to play on his Gretsch near the beginning...

It was awesome indeed. Just watched it!

YouTube - U2 London 2009-08-15 Bad

And thanks for the update VP. I guess we'll have to wait for Wild & gang her to come down :wink:

Great review Jampot! Too bad about the 'Shine Like Stars' part of WOWY.

Just want to add that I'm very, very happy that they wisely moved Mr. Tutu's speech in the set and gave back Streets its longer and proper intro. Yeah that sounds nitpicky, but my feelings are strong for this song and they seem to be doing things the right way now. Hope the boys stick with this. BTW, I really like the You'll Never Walk Alone snippet in Walk On, and it seems like a good segue into Streets. Haven't heard a recording of this moment yet but for those who have or been there, does it work?

^ Agree about the Tutu segment :up:

Also, since when is Bono "holding" a guitar for Bad? I think I only hear it in the beginning a little and then no more for the rest of the song. They shouldn't give him a guitar only to carry it. :lol:

Great version of BAD! Bono seemed so moved in the end. Sounds like such a great set and show.

Bono sounds amazing when you watch those youtube videos. I am really surprised by the amount of passion and energy in his voice.

Keep it up Bono! :up:

Just want to add that I'm very, very happy that they wisely moved Mr. Tutu's speech in the set and gave back Streets its longer and proper intro. Yeah that sounds nitpicky, but my feelings are strong for this song and they seem to be doing things the right way now. Hope the boys stick with this. BTW, I really like the You'll Never Walk Alone snippet in Walk On, and it seems like a good segue into Streets. Haven't heard a recording of this moment yet but for those who have or been there, does it work?

I don't think it worked very well last night. I've heard far better segues into streets. To me he struggled to keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom