London 2 Setlist Party and Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, this was posted on the U2Start forums:

Setlist has been spotted. Some surprises to be expected it seems.

... a few posts later, by the same person:

Sorry, that's all info I have. No details, no idea if it isn't just a crew joke.

:D

I'd love a suprise as much as the next bod on this forum but I can't help thinking that the suprises our Irish quartet dish out at the soundchecks aren't more than just a little thankyou to the die hards who are lined up waiting for the good spots in the GA line? :hmm:

the average punter wouldn't know Your Blue Room or Drowning Man if we hit em over the head with it but the lovelies queuing for hours certainly would?

Just a thought

*goesbacktostuffingfacewithGG'schocolate* :)

For the record, this was posted on the U2Start forums:

Setlist has been spotted. Some surprises to be expected it seems.

... a few posts later: by the same person:

Sorry, that's all info I have. No details, no idea if it isn't just a crew joke.

:hmm: If it's that much of a surprise that they think it's a joke...??? :scratch::hyper:

Even though I have seats for my only show this year, Chicago 1, I think I'm going to head to Soldier Field as soon as my plane lands in Chicago the day of the show and listen to the soundcheck with the people in the GA line.

galeongirl - why do you say that the band has been worried about these shows? :scratch: :reject:

Because they are. I've quite a good source on that one. Ever since the Swedish shows they've been preparing for the UK shows. They're pretty nervous about the critics and press reaction and such.

I'm still sceptic they're shaking it up tonight. I know how incredibly nervous the whole band was for these gigs, even weeks in advance! So I doubt they're going to take a risk.

But yesterday's gig could have taken some of the pressure off and have created room for at least one surprise.
One can hope.

Because they are. I've quite a good source on that one. Ever since the Swedish shows they've been preparing for the UK shows. They're pretty nervous about the critics and press reaction and such.

They really need to make a good impression in the UK. They're having a really hard time with that market this cycle - harder than they are with the US market in some ways.

Oh and I've also some of this. :D

: pours:
Baileys.jpg

Why did you ever leave Geneva???? I loved it! Beautiful Beautiful place! THe lake. :love: The weather. The Chocolate!

Hahaha. I've been asking the same question recently!

The weather is not all that great though. But yeah, the lake...

But yesterday's gig could have taken some of the pressure off and have created room at least one surprise.
One can hope.

That's definitely true. Though I'd say the surprise would be the return of a previously played song, like ES for example.

Or Dm. I'm still not giving up on that one!

Hahaha. I've been asking the same question recently!

The weather is not all that great though. But yeah, the lake...

And you'd be closer to me! :sad:

Well when we were there it was beautiful weather. We just sat by the lake in the evening, damn. What a sight!

I'd love a suprise as much as the next bod on this forum but I can't help thinking that the suprises our Irish quartet dish out at the soundchecks aren't more than just a little thankyou to the die hards who are lined up waiting for the good spots in the GA line? :hmm:

the average punter wouldn't know Your Blue Room or Drowning Man if we hit em over the head with it but the lovelies queuing for hours certainly would?

Just a thought

My train of thought as well.
:hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom