Johannesburg Setlist Party 13-02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
It's that time of the year again. :hyper:

Tonight the tour kicks off, and personally I am PSYCHED. Wanna know why? Here's the runthrough they did last night in the stadium. Missing anything? :fuckyeah:
Reports for today, 12 February, are more solid. Twitter user elvetio has reported that a full set was rehearsed, with other sources independently confirming various parts of the set. The full set as reported by elvetio is:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Kite
11. Mercy
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. City Of Blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. Crazy Tonight
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday
17. Scarlet
18. Walk On

"Encore":
19. One
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22. With Or Without You
23. Moment Of Surrender
More info here: U2 soundchecking in South Africa - U2gigs.com
We don't know if there's a source for tonight, but there's likely going to be tweets. :wave: Party on!
MarkPilgrimZA Mark Pilgrim
SA history being made tonight... most amount of people ever to attend a concert performance. Almost 100 000. Rock on! #U2360SA
RT @TonyMthethwa: And so the U2 experience begins.These are the 1st 20 eager beavers been here. We,ve since 4.30am
http://twitpic.com/3z8qh2/full
http://twitpic.com/3z8ua7

Lucky girl meeting Bono: http://yfrog.com/h33t7vmj

I won't be able to party for most of the day, as I'm babysitting. Kid wakes up in an hour, so after that you'll have to party on without me. I'll be back in the evening.

Hey, hey I'm here! Thanks GG for the info and the pics!! Some pics of The Claw I found on Zootopia...

TheClawsouthafrica.png

TheClawtakingshapeinsouthafrica.png

Theclawwithscreen.jpg

TheclawSouthAfrica2.png

Bonorehersals.jpg

Does anyone know when the show will start?

For the US the times are 9PM Johannesburg is 1PM CT, 2PM ET, 11AM PT. Looks like its 8PM in Belgium.

Can't wait!! Seems like it's been so long since the last setlist party, I guess since I wasn't able to go to any of the OZ parties due to the timezone.

Last edited:
It's fun to read the tweets from the people making their way to the show. Seems like there's a great buzz in the city!!

Gone golfing today, may make it back in time for the setlist party to start. :hyper: :up:

It's going to be a great show that's for sure. So happy for the South African fans.

:hyper: I have missed this.

Sadly, my computer died last month, and I lost all my bookmarks, so I am without all my favorite setlist graphics. :doh:
(The motherboard went BOOM, but the hard drive is salvageable, so we're planning on encasing it and recovering the files, we're hoping to recover bookmarks as well...)

At least one good thing came out of it...I've got a laptop again, so setlist partying is going to be more comfortable this leg! Is it summer yet? I want to see my boys!!!!!

elvetio cobl, streets, bd and piano from ms soundchecked #u2360sa. usual. crew stuff. gates opened shortly after that.
3 minutes ago via web

Wow, look at all those portapotties they've got down on the floor!

Looks like the folks in the front rows are going to be forced to stand up to see over them.

you recognize some people in that picture?!?!?

that's amazing!!!

you recognize some people in that picture?!?!?

that's amazing!!!

I have some friends at that show (and the Cape Town one too). I read some comments of them on Facebook yesterday and then it looked like it would be chaos. Good to see it all turned out well in the end.

:sad: I so want to be there :madspit:

Come on announce some more european dates and put us out of our misery :angry:

Popping in from work :hyper: I love Johnannesburg after the world cup.
(After we lost the pathetic final :angry:)
The orange Seatings of the Stadium just screams Holland :giggle:
And match the claw!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that regrets not buying any tickets.

Back
Top Bottom